How to Connect With an Inmate at Rochester Correctional Facility
is an all-male minimum-security center that houses inmates awaiting their release to the community. The facility is operated by the New York Department of Correction and Community Supervision.
Inmates at the facility receive transitional service programs designed to help individuals adjust upon returning to the community. The transitional service programs are divided into three phases. Upon completing all the phases, the inmate is believed to be well-prepared to reenter society as a law-abiding citizen.
Communicating with an inmate is a long and tiring process as you lack the assurance of the next contact. DoNotPay helps you connect with an inmate at Rochester Correctional Facility easily and directly.
Rochester Correctional Facility Contact Information
Keeping in contact with an inmate is a good way to continuously know their progress. is located in Ford Street, Rochester, New York. You can connect with an inmate through mailing, phone calls, or visits.
The table below shows the facility's contact information.
|Physical Address||470 Ford Street Rochester, NY 14608-2499|
|Website||Rochester Correctional Facility|
|General Telephone Number||+1 (585) 454-2280|
How Can I Contact an Inmate at Rochester Correctional Facility?
does not permit physical visits because most inmates are on a work-release program or are detained for a short period. However, you can keep in touch with an inmate through the following ways:
Contact an Inmate via Mail
Any letter sent to an inmate through the facility will be screened and read for security purposes. Therefore, before writing a letter, inquire from the institution about their guidelines for writing a letter. Some of the rules for writing a letter include:
- Use a pen or pencil.
- Write clear and straightforward statements
- Use the correct envelope size
- Avoid any decorations using lipsticks, glitters, or staples
- Don't perfume the letter
- Include a return address on the envelope and letter
- Include the inmate's full name and DOC number
Use the following format to guarantee that inmates will receive their letter on time:
- Inmate name and DOC number
- Rochester Correctional Facility (Prison name)
- 470 Ford Street Rochester, NY 14608-2499 (Prison Address)
Contact an Inmate via Calls
Securus Technology has an agreement with the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision to provide affordable call rates. The current calling rate is $0.48 per minute, with the average 20-minute call costing approximately $0.86.
If you want to receive calls from an inmate at the correctional facility, you must hold an account with Securus. There are two ways to open an account
- By calling 1-800-844-6591
All conversations with inmates are subject to electronic monitoring and recording by department personnel for security purposes. Securus offers three forms of billing to customers who accept calls from inmates at the facility.
- A local Exchange Carrier( LEC) - The phone company must approve the collection calls from the facility. The charges appear on the receiver's monthly bill.
- Direct Billed Account - Securus correctional billing services allow collection calls where the party creating the account is subjected to a credit check monthly.
- An Advanced Connect or Prepaid Account - The receiver controls how much will be spent on collect calls. The account is funded by sending a money order or mailing a check to Securus. You can also use a credit card to deposit the funds online or by phone.
How to Send Money to a Rochester Correctional Facility Inmate
You can leave money orders, cash, or checks at the facility via the visitor's deposit lockbox. The inmate will be informed of the available money. In addition, the Department of Corrections and Community Supervision(DOCCS) has partnered with JPAY to offer additional ways to send money to the inmates. They include:
Via JPay Website or App
To use JPAY's services, you need to be an account holder. Register by visiting the official website or downloading the app from Play Store or App Store. After opening an account, use your credit or debit card to make a deposit.
You can deposit money by contacting JPay on 1-800-574-5729. They have an automated voice service that helps you make your credit card deposits.
Fill in the money order form and mail it to:
PO Box 531190
Miami, Florida 33153
Though not affiliated with JPay, you can visit any MoneyGram office with your cash and deposit it to the inmate's account. Ensure you know their full name and DOC number before making a deposit.
Can I Send Packages to an Inmate at Rochester Correctional Facility?
Inmates at the facility can receive packages from family and friends on the approved vendor list. The inmate is allowed only two food packages per month with the total weight not exceeding 35 pounds. Food items must be commercially or airtightly sealed.
Additional items like clothes and tobacco are received separately and are excluded from the food package limit.
How to Get in Touch With Your Locked-up Loved Ones With the Help of DoNotPay
Getting in touch with an inmate at any facility can be a tiresome process. Not only are there many barriers like similar names but also a facility can have a lot of inmates within the institution. DoNotPay can locate an inmate at any facility, providing you with the comfort of talking to your loved one using the following simple steps.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
DoNotPay Can Help You With Other Services
DoNotPay helps you to . In addition, we work with several service providers and agencies to ensure that you receive information, solutions, and documentation from your comfort. Sign up today and obtain seamless services. Our other services include but are not limited to:
- Tourist Visa Guide
- Conduct a sex Offender Search
- Find senior Living Assistance near you
- Claim recalled products from any company
- Apply for pet Licenses