How to Stop Companies From Selling Your Personal Information in Minutes
Most companies you deal with online and offline sell the personal information you share to unauthorized third parties who use it for fraudulent marketing. That's why it has become increasingly important to learn how to stop companies from selling your personal information.
While you can execute the process yourself, it isn't very easy. You need to identify the data brokers selling your information and request them to delete it from their database, a move that might not yield results always.
We designed DoNotPay to help when faced with such difficulties. Our app uses artificial intelligence to execute the processes required to prevent misuse of your data quickly, conveniently, and automatically. Besides helping you stop companies from selling your data, DoNotPay can also help:
- Remove personal information from the internet
- Remove personal information from Google
- remove name from WhitePages
- Remove number from Facebook
- Remove name from MyLife
- Remove name from Spokeo
- Remove phone number from Google
- Remove photo from Google
- Remove name from California Organ Donor Registry
- Hire someone to remove your personal information from the internet
Why is it so Difficult to Stop Companies From Selling Personal Information?
Without a doubt, preventing companies from selling your personal data is difficult. The struggle arises because you must share your data when signing up or subscribing to important services online and offline.
To control the already-shared personal data, you have to opt out of multiple subscriptions, change privacy settings, pull down personal information on the internet, or contact companies to delete the information stored in their database.
You might have to repeat the procedures routinely because some companies resume selling your information even after requesting them to stop. After all, collecting, classifying, and selling the data to cooperates, marketers, and other agencies is a lucrative venture.
How to Prevent Utility Companies From Selling Your Personal Information By Yourself
Stopping companies from selling your personal information differs from company to company. For some companies, you opt out of their services or delete your user account; for others, you follow a process that is not always simple.
Here is a general procedure to get you started.
- Identify the companies selling your information. The process of stopping utility companies from selling your personal information starts by identifying the companies and data brokers selling your information. The culprits could be utility companies or online platforms like WhitePages, Spokeo, and Google.
- Request the sellers to delete your information. After identifying the companies selling your information, request them to delete or suppress it. You can reach out to the companies via email, social media, email, phone, or chat with their customer support.
- Protect your personal data. Misusing your personal information does not end when you pull down your information from data brokers and utility companies. Apps, sites, and new data brokers keep collecting and selling it.
Given that, it matters to deny apps access to your private information and avoid sharing sensitive data through online forms or surveys from less-reputable companies.
Next steps for Stopping Companies From Selling Your Personal Information if you Can't do it Yourself
Asking data brokers and utility companies to delete or stop sharing your personal information does not guarantee immediate results. Some data brokers take ages to comply, and others ignore your request.
If that happens, join DoNotPay to follow up on your case. The AI Consumer Champion will make companies and data brokers pull down your personal information within the shortest time possible.
Alternatively, you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission, an authority that defends customers against business malpractices like unfair use of personal information. If you are a victim of internet crime, file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center.
How to Prevent Utility Companies From Selling Your Personal Information With the Help of DoNotPay
As is evident, preventing companies from selling your personal data is a frustrating process requiring enough time and effort. But, what if your schedule is tight or you lack the patience to fill out forms, make calls, or chat with support online?
Our AI app, DoNotPay, will. It automatically executes the processes required to prevent data misuse, giving you time to focus on important life issues like career and family.
If you are wondering how it works, here is a 5-step process to get you started:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
Why Use DoNotPay to Stop Companies From Selling Your Personal Information
You'd want to use DoNotPay because it is fast, successful, and easy to use. The app pulls down your information from the internet, opts out of subscriptions, or contacts data brokers & utility companies within minutes.
To use DoNotPay, sign up, select the service you want, and answer a few questions to get the app ready. The app will automatically fills out those lengthy forms or contacts the companies involved to successfully drop your information from their database.
DoNotPay Works Across all Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
Like an expert, you can use DoNotPay to stop all companies, entities, or groups from selling your data. For instance, you can use it to prevent Facebook, Google, YouTube, WhitePages, MyLife, Spokeo, or California Organ Donor Registry from sharing your personal information.
What Else can DoNotPay do?
Apart from preventing misuse of personal information, DoNotPay comes in handy when:
- Suing someone in small claims court
- Seeking compensation for victims of crime
- Filing an appeal for a banned account
- Fighting email spam
- Doing a sex offender search
From seeking justice, and protecting your information to managing your bills, DoNotPay makes your life easier. now to stop companies from selling your data or fix any other problems quickly.