How Do I Remove My Case From the Internet?
Having your case details, court records, bankruptcy information, and more online can feel like a huge invasion of privacy. It may be embarrassing to see, especially knowing that people you know may be viewing them as well. When you're stuck wondering, "how do I ?", it's time to connect with DoNotPay to tackle the task for you.
DoNotPay works to assist you in numerous ways. Whether you want divorce information, criminal records, or other personal information from leading search websites removed, we will help you achieve your goal. Don't fret any longer!
Why Does Having Case Information Removed Have to be So Difficult?
We hear you! The process of requesting that your case information, personal details, number, photos, and more be removed should be straightforward and easy to accomplish. If only it could be achieved with the click or two of a button. Alas, that isn't the case, because so many people seem to feel it's necessary to have any and all details of everyone's lives offered to them at all times.
DoNotPay is here to help. We'll walk you through getting your details removed on your own, or if you prefer, we'll handle it for you and take the stress off your shoulders.
How Can I Request Information Removal on My Own?
To attempt to handle the removal of your case information and personal details on your own, you can try two things:
- Contact every website where the information resides
- File a petition with the court
Contact Every Website
You will need to start by reaching out to each website that displays your court details. You may need to spend time contacting numerous sites to have your information removed from each one, which can add a lot of stress to your plate. In the end though, many will remove it as asked and will no longer be a worry.
File a Petition
Filing a petition with the court where you have a case is also a worthwhile solution. You can ask to have it expunged or sealed, though this can cost you time and money. Not everyone is eligible to have their records expunged this way. It all depends on:
- The type of case or crime committed
- The length of time that has passed so far
- Whether you were actually charged or simply had a case against you
Many courts do not allow for full expungement when a crime was committed and you were actually charged. However, some will still seal the records, especially if you can prove that allowing them to be publicly visible has caused you harm or distress in some way.
Get Your Case Removed From the Internet With DoNotPay
Of course, the best solution is to stop searching for "how to " for every site, and allow DoNotPay to handle it for you. We'll work quickly to pen a compelling letter on your behalf. We'll just need a bit of information from you to get started:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
With DoNotPay on your side, you can have your cases and court records expunged from the world wide web in a more efficient manner. We want to help you feel comfortable with what's out there and ensure anything you don't want displayed gets taken down promptly.
What Else Can DoNotPay Help Me Remove From the Web?
DoNotPay does not strictly work to remove case files and court records. We can help you get anything removed from the web, including your personal information from the following platforms:
We can even help get your name off the organ donation registry in California or any other state. We're here to help, no matter your situation.
Can DoNotPay Help Me With Other Online Tasks?
Absolutely! DoNotPay has over 100 products, each of which helps you accomplish a different task online or in person on your own. We'll guide you through activities like:
- Analyzing a website's terms of service pages
- Getting a marriage annulled
- Obtaining a loved one's death certificate
- Deleting various accounts
- Making insurance claims
DoNotPay can help with anything else you need to accomplish quickly. Handle it on your own with the steps we provide, or answer a few of our questions so we can get it done for you faster.