How to Stop Websites from Releasing Your Personal Information
Sharing personal information with strangers is one of the most significant risks you face online. It is therefore advisable to delete your name from websites that make available your personal information to the public. Sometimes what you share online is available to third parties and can cause significant loss to your information lands in the wrong hands. What if there is information you no longer wish to be publicly accessible on an online website? Or you discover that your data has been posted without your consent. Deleting the information is the best move to secure your data. Unfortunately, some websites have made it challenging to delete personal data as they intend to keep you as their subscriber.
Fortunately, DoNotPay has a 'Remove My Information' product that can help you prevent websites from to third parties. DoNotPay eases your troubles as it is fast, reliable, and convenient as you can access the website anywhere. Learn how hiring someone to remove your personal information online is very important. Read on to learn more.
How to Take Down Your Personal Information From Online Websites on Your Own
Eliminating sensitive information from online websites reduces the likelihood that it may be misused for malicious purposes. Find ways to erase your personal information from online websites to improve your data security.
You can take several approaches, such as:
- Request removal of your information like photos and phone number directly from search engines like Google.
- Google has been instrumental in securing its users' personal information. It provides an option to delete your personal information from various websites.
- File privacy complaints with the platform.
|You can remove your personal information from online websites by:|
|Remove your information from Google|
|FTC||FTC's online complaint form|
While the FTC will not handle your request directly, they will utilize it to investigate and pursue similar instances against the site you are reporting. Sometimes, the FTC might refer you to the body responsible for specific privacy complaints. Use the FTC's online complaint form to report your concerns about data privacy with the website.
Why Is It So Difficult to Take Personal Information off the Online Website by Yourself?
If you attempt to delete personal information from an online website, you will quickly discover that there are numerous impediments in your way to true online privacy. The ordinary internet user is ignorant of the multiple ways in which their personal information is utilized and shared. The individuals that make it difficult to remove personal information from online websites are known as data brokers. They have malicious motives for doing so as they profit from it.
How Precisely Do These Brokers Profit From Personal Information?
Brokers sell it to organizations eager to obtain your data to develop targeted web advertisements. Others will use this information to assess the likelihood that you will file an insurance claim or be involved in a car accident. Others may use it to determine the possibility that you will default on a personal loan and use it to their advantage. In this regard, it is not unexpected that retrieving personal information from online websites is challenging. Luckily, DoNotPay got your back.
How to Get Your Personal Information Taken Down From Online Website With the Help of DoNotPay
Taking down your personal information from an online website on your own can be lengthy and frustrating. Through the new "Take Down My Information" product, DoNotPay helps remove personal information from Google searches, YouTube videos/comments, and the most common data brokers.
If you want to get your personal information taken down from an online website but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your cancellation letter in 5 easy steps:
- Search "Remove My Information" on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to remove your information from Google searches, YouTube videos, or data brokers in general.
- If it's for a Google search or YouTube video, tell us more about the specific content you want removed, including the URLs of where it's currently being displayed.
- If it's for a data broker, choose which data broker you want your information removed from, or choose the "All-in" option to remove your information from all of them!
- DoNotPay will automatically carry out your opt-out requests for each data broker or submit removal requests from the search engines. You can expect to receive confirmation emails from the data brokers.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Helping you take down your personal information from online websites is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. DoNotPay works with various websites to secure your data. It also offers crucial information on how you can remove your personal information from some websites. Some of the insights include:
- How to remove personal information from the internet
- Remove personal information from google
- Remove your name from the White pages
- Remove your name from the Organ Donor Registry California.
- How to remove my number from Facebook
- Remove your name from the MyLife account.
- Remove my name from Spokeo
Register with DoNotPay to efficiently take down your personal information from online websites.