How to Connect with an Inmate at the Ouachita River Unit
Connecting with an inmate in the Ouachita River Unit can be complex. Every prison has its own rules on what you can write to a prisoner and how to send it. Similarly, inmate visitation is different in every prison too. Even how you address a letter to an inmate may vary.
This guide will talk about the correctional facility, how to write to an inmate at that correctional facility, and how DoNotPay can make it easier and faster to send a letter to that prison.
How to Contact Inmates at the Ouachita River Unit
There are various ways to contact an inmate at the Ouachita River Unit.
- You can write them. You will have to use the inmate's address as “Inmate Name, ID Number, Ouachita River Correctional Unit P.O. Box 1630 Malvern, AR 72104”.
- You can schedule a visit. Visiting is often impossible for inmates at the Ouachita River Unit because it acts as an intake facility that processes inmates and then assigns them to their permanent location. Long-term inmates can have visits, but you will need to contact the inmate to get the exact visiting days and times.
- You can call. Inmates serving time in Arkansas can make collect and pre-paid calls. However, inmates can only make outgoing calls to numbers that the facility has approved. The phone service provider for inmates in Arkansas is Securus Technologies.
Ouachita River Unit Information
Here is the contact information for the Ouachita River Correctional Unit:
|Address||100 Walco Lane Malvern, AR 72104|
|Phone Number||(501) 467-3400|
How to Send Money to an Inmate at the Ouachita River Unit
There are three ways to send money to prisoners at the facility.
- If you are sending the money through the mail, you will need to do it using a United States Postal Money order made payable to the inmate's name and ID number. You will also need to print and fill out an Arkansas inmate deposit slip.
- The money order, along with the deposit slip, should be mailed to the following address: Arkansas Department of Correction Trust Fund Centralized Banking P.O. Box 8908 Pine Bluff, AR 71611
- You can also send funds electronically online to inmates in Arkansas through the Division of Correction website.
How to Send Packages to Ouachita River Unit Inmates
Inmates in Arkansas are allowed to receive Quarterly and Holiday packages. However, these packages are not allowed to come directly from you. Holiday and quarterly packages must come from a third party approved vendor (Union Supply Direct or Access Securepak).
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved One in the Ouachita River Unit
You may encounter several challenges trying to contact your loved ones at Century Correctional Institution.
- Visitation is by appointment only, and you may not be able to schedule a time to visit your loved one.
- Phone calls are through Securus and can be expensive.
- Mail routing is complex as you need to know the inmate's ID number, and mail is often lost in the shuffle.
Connecting with an incarcerated loved one does not have to be difficult. DoNotPay can help.
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the easiest way to contact your loved ones in the prison system. The feature is called “Connect with an Inmate”. You only need the inmate ID or booking number, the name of the prison, and the unit the inmate is located in.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate and Connect With an Incarcerated Loved One
DoNotPay can help you locate your imprisoned friend as well as contact them.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
DoNotPay makes it easier for you to contact an inmate quickly without worrying about listings or extra expenses.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you:
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Get refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contest parking tickets
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Get rebates from other companies
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stop text spam
- Apply for clinical trials
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
Join DoNotPay today to stay in touch with your loved ones at Ouachita River Correctional Unit.