Get a Certified Copy of Your Ottawa County Marriage Certificate Easily
If you were married in Ottawa County in Michigan you will need a certified copy of your Ottawa County marriage certificate as verification that you are legally married. A certified copy of a marriage certificate is required documentation when getting a Real ID or a passport and for many other purposes. We are going to explain step by step how you can get a certified copy of an Ottawa County marriage certificate. After we discuss what you must do to obtain your we will also discuss the Marriage Certificates product from DoNotPay which claims to be able to successfully request your marriage certificate from any county quickly and easily. Here are a few more articles from the marriage certificates product series so you can learn even more.
- Where to request a copy of a marriage certificate.
- Apply online for a marriage certificate.
- When is a marriage certificate needed?
- Documents needed to request a marriage certificate copy.
- How to fill out a marriage certificate application.
- The easy way to get your marriage certificate online.
Marriage License or Marriage Certificate?
If you are planning to get married in Ottawa County, you will need to apply for a marriage license. There is a three-day waiting period between the application and receiving the marriage license. The license is only valid in Ottawa County and it only remains valid for 30 days. Once you are married the marriage license must be returned to the Ottawa County Clerk's office and a marriage certificate is created. Once it is available, a certified copy of your can be purchased.
Things to remember:
- A 3 Day waiting period is required from the date of request and issuance.
- Validity of license is only 30 days.
- Return the marriage license to the Ottawa County Clerks’ Office in exchange for the marriage certificate.
Who Can Obtain a Certified Copy of an Ottawa County Marriage Certificate?
Under Michigan state law, a marriage certificate is a public record and you do not have to be one of the parties to obtain a certified copy of an Ottawa County marriage certificate. Anyone can request a copy.
Documents Needed to Obtain an Ottawa County Marriage Certificate
You may be asked to provide your ID for verification but you do not have to be one of the parties listed on the certificate. certificates digitally so certificates do not have a raised seal. If you are trying to get a passport or if you need to use the document in a foreign matter you will likely need a raised seal copy. To get a raised seal certificate you will need to get a document that states that you will need a raised seal copy.
How Much Is a Marriage Certificate Copy in Ottawa County?
You will need to pay $15 to receive a copy of an Ottawa County marriage certificate. If you choose to order multiple copies in the same order all additional copies are only $6 each.
How Long Will It Take to Receive an Ottawa County Marriage Certificate?
Many requests for certified copies of an Ottawa County marriage certificate can be processed and shipped within five days. This depends on the volume of requests being made and the difficulty locating the record. The method you use to request the marriage certificate and the shipping method you chose can affect the delivery timetable too.
How You Can Get a Copy of an Ottawa County Marriage Certificate
If you wish to get a copy of an these are the methods you can use to do that.
|You can submit a form on the Ottawa County website, you will need your credit card to make payment.
|Visit any Ottawa County Clerk location. Payment can be made with a credit card, check, cash, or money order.
|Ottawa County Clerk 12220 Fillmore Street Room 130 West Olive, MI 49460. Send check or money order.
|Send a message
|(616)994-4531 or (616)994-4538
DoNotPay Can Assist You With Obtaining a Copy of an Ottawa County Marriage Certificate
When you simply do not have time to waste searching for information. Save yourself some time, money, and trouble by letting DoNotPay request your Ottawa County marriage certificate for you quickly, easily, and successfully.
If you want to Order a Marriage Certificate Copy in Ottawa County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Just Getting Started
The marriage certificates product is just one way that DoNotPay offers to save you time and money. If you are just getting started with DoNotPay check out some of the other product series for even more ways to save quickly, easily, and successfully.
- Get your child's travel consent letter before vacation.
- Check out all of the free raffle tickets.
- How to cancel unused services.
- Successfully file a complaint anywhere.
- Get airline flight compensation.
- Create a defamation demand letter.
- Request an item return quickly.
- Creating a passport photo.
- Chargebacks and refunds are explained.