The Best Way to Obtain an Orange County Marriage Certificate in Minutes
Keeping track of your marriage certificate shouldn’t be hard, however, it can get misplaced, destroyed, or even stolen. If you need to reach out to the , DoNotPay has the information you need to get copies of your certificates quickly and easily.
Those looking to obtain a certificate online may face a few difficulties. Learn how you can easily apply for a marriage certificate online, how long the processing times are, and when to replace marriage certificates will be beneficial. You may need your birth or marriage certificates for a passport, a loan, or even at the DMV. DoNotPay has you covered; Orange County marriage certificate copies are only a click or two away.
Marriage License, Certificate, or Informative Copy - Which Do You Need?
Wait, don't those three copies say the same thing? How do they differentiate from one another? Well, Marriage licenses are applied for the family merger while marriage certificates are legal documents proving the couple is legally joined. Informative copies are just marriage information. These informative copies can be decorative in nature but cannot be used as legal proof.
Marriage Certificate Copies in Orange County
Only certain people can request a certified copy of a marriage certificate. This can include:
- The couple.
- A parent or legal guardian of the couple.
- A party entitled to receive the record by court order
- A member of a law enforcement agency conducting official business.
- A child, grandparent, grandchild, sibling, spouse, or domestic partner of the requester.
- An attorney representing the registrant or the registrant's estate.
In addition to the request form, documentation must be provided to prove the relationship or court appointment. Documents like a government ID, birth certificate provided to a newborn, passport, guardian appointment, and court-ordered documentation will need to be present.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Orange County?
Ordering your marriage certificate can be done by:
- Visiting one of the three branch locations after completing the online form.
- By mail: Fill out the PDF form and mail it to OC Clerk-Recorder, ATTN: Vitals Records, P.O. BOX 238, Santa Ana, CA 92702.
The cost to obtain a marriage certificate will be $17 per copy. It will also take at least 7-10 business days to obtain your marriage certificate. Business days do not include holidays or weekends.
|Orange County Forms and Contact Information|
|Website||Orange County | Orange County|
|Forms||Online Forms | OC Clerk-Recorder Department|
|Mailing Address||Hall of Administration
333 W. Santa Ana Blvd.
Santa Ana, CA 92701
How to Orange County Marriage Certificate on Your Own
Getting your marriage certificate quickly can be a hassle. You'll have to find and fill out the forms, wait in line at either the post office or the clerk's office, and then, wait for the request to be processed. I'm sure you can afford to take the extra time off work to get this done during business hours. Skip the wait, lines, and endless paperwork and just allow DoNotPay to do it all for you with only a few minutes of your time.
Get Your Orange County Marriage Certificate Instantly With DoNotPay
Don't waste the time, money, and headache to go about it by yourself. DoNotPay has a solution that is as simple as logging into your computer and following these instructions. With simply seven simple steps, you can obtain a copy of your :
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Your request is complete. Now all you need to do is wait for the certificates to arrive. DoNotPay can offer many more ways to assist you with your financial health and time. Just check out a few of the ways DoNotPay can assist below.
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Airline Flight Compensation
- Create Passport Photos
- Item Return Requests
- File a Complaint
- Child Travel Consents
- Defamation Demand Letters
- Free Raffle Tickets
- How to Cancel Services and Memberships
Have no fear that DoNotPay won't be able to help. DoNotPay is here to assist in any location.