How to Contact Inmates at the Oklahoma State Reformatory
Ask anyone who has been in prison, and they will tell you that a bright spot in their day is receiving mail from the outside world. It is especially important that you learn how to contact inmates at the since it is a larger prison with many inmates.
The Oklahoma State Reformatory is in Granite Oklahoma. Therefore, it is often called the "Granite OK Prison". It holds 999 inmates, with many of them being convicted of violent crimes. Therefore, the prison focuses strongly on education and has a work release that employs approximately 70 inmates at a garment factory.
If someone you care for is being held at Oklahoma State Reformatory, you can be certain that contact with you will encourage them to change their lives for the better. You can encourage them to focus on their education so that when they leave, they are able to choose a better path. DoNotPay would like to help you in this endeavor.
About the Oklahoma State Reformatory
This prison was first established in 1909. It was built by inmates using granite blocks that were cut from nearby hills. In the beginning, it was built for the purpose of helping young inmates get an education and trade skills that they could build from in their future.
Over time, the prison expanded, things happened and the original building crumbled. Now, its oldest structures only date back to 1921. Beyond this, it is a historical landmark for being the first accredited high school in a prison system and is where the first female warden, Clara Waters, performed her duties.
You can contact the prison via:
|Physical Address||1700 East First Street, Granite, OK 73547|
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 514, Granite, OK 73547|
|Fax Numbers||Administration/Personnel: (580) 480-3999, Medical: (580) 480-3987, Records: (405) 425-2545|
Contacting the Granite, OK prison is relatively simple to do. They also try to make it simple for you to connect with a loved one.
How to Connect With Inmates at Granite OK Prison
If you want to connect with someone at , you can do so in a few different ways. However, visitation can be a little complicated when you first start visiting.
The available visitation hours may vary based on the facility and the inmate's security level. To get started processing whether you can visit or not, you must fill out a form and be willing to have your background checked. The approval process can take up to 8 weeks from the time that OSR receives your request.
Some information you will need to provide includes:
- Your Full Name, Social Security Number, Address, Etc.
- Your Relationship to the Inmate and How Long You Have Known Them
- Whether You Have Ever Worked within the Department of Corrections
- Inmate's Name and ODOC Number
- Charges Against Them, Where They Are Located, When They Were Brought In
Saturday, Sunday, and State Holidays have visitation between 8a and 3:30p. Visitors must be approved and there before 2p. You will need to contact the prison to learn about other times you may be able to visit. Then, how long you can stay will depend on the severity of the crime committed by the inmate.
If you wish to send money to your loved one, you can do it in person, via credit cards, or JPay. No matter which way you choose to do it, you will need to provide:
- The Inmate's Name
- The Inmate's 7 Digit DOC Identification Number
- The Inmate's Current Location (prison name)
You are not allowed to send packages to this facility. There is no mention of video calls or anything of that nature. Therefore, if you want to consider these options, you will have to contact the prison to find out what is allowed.
If you are struggling to get in touch with someone you care about who is within the Oklahoma prison system, DoNotPay can do it for you if you want us to. We can eliminate the confusion and get you into contact with anyone at Granite OK prisons.
If You Need Help Contacting an Inmate, Contact DoNotPay
We know how important it can be to maintain contact with an incarcerated loved one. Therefore, we do our part at DoNotPay to simplify the entire process for you. All you have to do is take 5 simple steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
We will take care of everything else so that you don't have to.
Take Advantage of Other Services Offered by DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer group. Our goal is to ensure that anything you need to take care of is easier, faster, and more secure than ever before, all without the legal fees that can come with a lawyer's help.
We offer a variety of services that go well beyond connecting you with an inmate. You simply have to tell us what you need. We can:
- Help You Set Up Advance Healthcare Directives
- Appeal Banned Accounts for You
- Fight Breach of Contracts
- Help You to Clean Credit Reports
- Help You Get Compensation If You are the Victim of a Crime