The Hassle-free Way to Obtain an NRES Fishing License
Are you hyped to take your family, friends, or solo to catch some trout while enjoying the breathtaking Uinta Mountains or some bass at Lake Powell? Regardless of the spot you choose, you need to obtain an in Utah.
After a long year in quarantine, Utahans flocked the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources looking to purchase, renew their fishing licenses, and bask in the glory of the outdoors. Reports indicate a whopping 100,000 - 28% - more fishing license purchases when the department reopened.
Do you know what this means to you? More time, longer queues, on-hold periods, longer browser loading periods, health risks, crowded spaces, and the risk of beginning your fishing season later than everybody else begins! But, this is your lucky day! DoNotPay has a faster, more convenient, automated, less frustrating way to obtain your fishing license.
Who Is Eligible To Get an NRES Fishing License?
According to the law, if you are 12 years or older and heading to cast your line and enjoy a good catch, you require an . Furthermore, you will be required to carry the permit anytime you go fishing or transport fish caught from Utah's waters. If not, you will receive a ticket and a fine.
However, there are several exemptions to this rule. You will not require a fishing license if you are:
- Casting your lines during Utah's free fishing day
- Fishing together as a scout's group or another organization made up of 15-year-olds or below
- You are a resident of a state with reciprocity with Utah, provided you produce certification of proof
Additionally, specific groups enjoy discounted rates when purchasing or renewing their NRES licenses: Retired military personnel disabled in active duty and Utahan senior folks aged 62 years and above.
What Are the Different Types of NRES Fishing Licenses and Their Fees?
Utah has various licenses depending on the age group, duration of the license, and residency. All these licenses ensure you get to enjoy great fishing days with great company.
Here’s the full list of available fishing licenses you can get in Utah:
|12 – 13 years (1-year fishing)||$5|
|14 – 17 years (1-year fishing)||$16|
|18 – 64 years (1-year fishing)||$34|
|Multi-year fishing for up to 5 years||$33/year|
|65 years and above||$25|
|Multi-year fishing for up to five years||$25/year|
|Disabled veterans (1-year fishing)||$12|
|Multi-Year fishing for up to five years||$12 per year|
|Setline fishing license (only applies in conjunction with the current fishing license)||$20|
|12 – 13 years (1-year fishing)||$6|
|14 – 17 years (1-year fishing)||$29|
|18 years and above (1-year fishing)||$85|
|Multi-year fishing for up to five years||$84/year|
|Multi-year fishing for up to five years||$12/year|
|Setline fishing license (only applies in conjunction with the current fishing license)||$23|
Suppose you were wondering who a resident is. In that case, it's a person who permanently resides and has a principal establishment in the state for the last six consecutive months before applying for the license. Furthermore, they should not claim residency for fishing in any other state.
Obtaining an NRES Fishing License on Your Own
Now that you know the various types of fishing licenses you can obtain in Utah, how will you get the said license?
Check out the various available avenues you can pursue to apply and obtain your nres fishing license:
- Local agents – you can visit any of the certified vendors, such as grocery stores, convenience stores, bait shops, and fishing equipment outlets, to name a few, and purchase your license
- Online via the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources website. Be patient and follow the prompts until you purchase your license
- State's licensing app – the Utah Hunting & Fishing App, will guide you through the purchase process. Download and install the app on your device
- Over the phone – for a $2 charge, you can call the department via phone and make the purchase, well that is if you are ready for the dozen annoying on hold moments.
- Via a charter – there are chartered boats whose guides can prepare the license for you, but only if you hire them.
Before you begin celebrating the numerous methods of obtaining a nres license, ask yourself; do you have enough time, patience, extra resources, ability, strength or technical know-how to pull off obtaining a license via either of these methods? Even if you do, what guarantee do you have that you'll succeed before the season is well underway?
You surely don't want to hit your fishing spot when everyone else has exhausted their baskets, do you?
Next Steps for Obtaining an NRES Fishing License If You Can't Do It Yourself
In short, there is no need to risk the long queues, waiting periods, crowded spaces, only to obtain your license later in the season. Take the best avenue and best bet at obtaining your nres license on time, well before the other fishing enthusiasts. So, when your DIY methods fail, don't sweat. There is still hope yet.
Just take the next step and deploy DoNotPay. Read on to find out how.
The Easier Way to Obtain an NRES Fishing License with the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to get your fishing license but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
And that’s it! DoNotPay will get the fishing license on your behalf which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license. A physical copy will be processed and sent to you by mail.
What is The Importance of Obtaining an NRS Fishing License using DoNotPay?
Before you decide to overlook obtaining a fishing license in Utah, here's is why you should not:
- Avoid a fine of $1,000 or a six months jail term. As per the law, fishing in Utah without the proper license is a class B misdemeanor
- Licensing helps to control overfishing and curb poaching
- Licensing keep the fishing populations in check
- You will contribute towards fishery management and other vital fishing programs
- The fees charged contribute towards maintaining your favorite fishing spot for future fishing enthusiasts
- Having a license gives you more freedom on the sites you can fish and understand fishing regulations
Sure, there are benefits galore, but there are higher chances of enjoying them by using the only ultra-modern and super-fast fish licensing platform. Using DoNotPay to purchase your license will ensure you reap these and many more benefits
Why DoNotPay is the Best Option to Obtain an NRES Fishing License
There might be an abundant supply of fish in Utah, but still joining in the action late is a real bummer. While all the DIY avenues fail, our fish-licensing app cannot fail you. When you use DoNotPay to obtain your fishing license, we assure you of:
- Guaranteed success for you to join the action early enough
- Save you time and resources by reducing numerous processes and trips
- Super easy and convenient by using fast online avenues we have developed
- Safe and secure as your information is safe with us
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
By witnessing the success when obtaining your fishing license in Utah, you might wonder whether DoNotPay can tackle some of your other challenges.
Wonder no more. Our app can work across multiple apps and businesses to enable you to tackle a majority of your challenges, such as:
- Help with your tourist visa
- Handle out of control neighbors on your behalf
- Provide you with tips to help you pass various government tests
- Share the secret of creating super amazing passport photos