How to Connect With an Inmate at Nottoway Correctional Center
Need to ? You’re in the right place. DoNotPay can help.
More than 8 million people are incarcerated in jails and prisons throughout the US each year. While they are incarcerated, many inmates are inspired and strengthened by the support they receive through letters and packages from home.
Unfortunately, sending letters and packages to prisons such as the Nottoway Correctional Center can be a difficult process, requiring time at the post office and a number of issues that can result in inmates not receiving their correspondence in a timely fashion.
DoNotPay's Connect With an Inmate product makes communicating with your incarcerated loved one easier.
About Nottoway Correctional Center
Opened in the mid-1980s, Nottoway Correctional Center is a level 3 close custody correctional facility located in Burkeville, Virginia.
- The facility is made up of 63 buildings, including units made up of single cells, segregation cells, multiple-occupancy cells and two dormitories.
- The facility also has a gym, dining halls, greenhouses, classrooms, and a correctional enterprise building where 83 inmates manufacture furniture, including chairs, dressers, and sofas.
- Inmates who do not have a high school diploma are subject to mandatory schooling.
- The facility operates a 290-bed minimum-security work center just outside the fence, and inmates also participate in an agricultural program using surrounding acreage.
How to Contact Prisoners at Nottoway Correctional Center
Nottoway Correctional Center contact information:
|Physical address||2892 Schutt Rd
Burkeville, VA 23922
|General phone number||(434) 767-5543|
|Website||At the time of writing, this facility does not have an operating website.
However, you can learn more about Nottoway Correctional Center online at the Virginia Department of Corrections website.
|Security class of prisoners||Mixed|
Inmates can receive visitors on Saturdays and Sundays at the facility. However, the schedule of visiting hours rotates, meaning visitors need to contact the facility for current visitation times. The phone number to reach the facility is (434)-767-5543.
You can also send letters and packages to your incarcerated friend or family member via US mail, by sending them to:
Inmate's name and ID
Nottoway Correctional Center
PO Box 488; Burkeville, VA 23922
You should be aware that mail sent to an inmate is subject to search by prison staff to ensure that the content of the letter or package do not violate prison regulations or contain prohibited items.
The facility also has 24 JPay kiosks. JPay is a third-party company that operates within the prison industry and makes money by charging a fee for prisoners to communicate with their loved ones.
Problem Points When Sending Letters to Nottoway Correctional Center
Sending “snail mail” to Nottoway is challenging. While mailing letters and packages seems like a simple enough task, it can be extraordinarily time-consuming for some, requiring a visit to the post office and a waiting line. Three other issues include:
- Prisons tend to be picky about how correspondence is received, and can deny letters that appear in the wrong type of envelope or do not have all the information for the prisoner included on the label.
- Third-party companies, like JPay, charge high fees to inmates just to have the ability to send or receive an email or receive money from their loved ones.
- In a world where texting and email are standard forms of communication, friends and family members often struggle with the act of corresponding by letter, and many inmates become discouraged at the time it takes to receive communication from their family.
Fortunately, DoNotPay's Connect With an Inmate product can mitigate these problem points, making communicating with an inmate every bit as easy as sending a text or email.
How to Connect With an Inmate at Nottoway Correctional Center Using DoNotPay
It shouldn't be so difficult to communicate with your incarcerated loved one. DoNotPay makes it easy! To send a letter to an inmate through DoNotPay, follow these steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Happens When the Inmate Receives the Letter?
Part of the difficulty inmates and their loved ones run into with corresponding is the wait time between when letters are received by either party. DoNotPay can help keep the conversation active not only by providing you with a way to easily and quickly send letters to your inmate, but also a way for you to see their response digitally.
Your inmate simply writes their response, sends it to an address where the letter will be digitized and made available in your DoNotPay virtual mailbox, and the physical letter will be forwarded on to you. This way, you have the physical letter for a keepsake, but the ability to read it and respond to it faster.
DoNotPay Makes ManyTasks Easier
Life is made of tasks that, while necessary, take time away from other obligations. DoNotPay not only makes it easier to connect with your incarcerated loved one, but can also help you with many other tasks, such as:
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
Try it today!