Keep in Touch With Incarcerated Loved Ones at Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex
The is an adult male facility located in Chipley, Florida. It's an expansion of the Northwest Florida Reception Center, which opened in 1994, and was designed to hold just over 1,300 prisoners. The annex, which opened in 2008, added another 1,415 beds to the prison that was originally named the Washington Correctional Institution.
Where is Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex Located?
The prison's physical address is 4455 Sam Mitchell Drive, Chipley FL, 32428-3597. Modern GPS systems and mapping websites do not always provide accurate directions to the facility. Accordingly, to reach the , you should follow these driving directions:
- Travel on Interstate 10 until you reach Exit 120, which is State Road 77 South.
- Go on State Road 77 South for around 19 miles until you reach Moss Hill Road (State Road 279).
- Turn right onto Moss Hill Road and drive for about ¼ mile, then make another right onto Sam Mitchell Road.
Alternatively, if you need to reach personnel within the Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex, you may use the contact information below:
|Physical address||4455 Sam Mitchell Drive, Chipley, Florida, 32428-3597|
|Website||Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex -- Florida Department of Corrections (state.fl.us)|
How to Contact Inmates at Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex
Whether you're in Florida or elsewhere in the country, you have quite a few communications options. Below is some information that will make it easy for you to remain connected.
Only approved personnel may visit someone at the NWFRC Annex. To become approved, you must first fill out an application and then mail or email it to the following address:
4455 Sam Mitchell Road
Chipley, FL 32428-3597
Email to: VisitAppNFRC@fdc.myflorida.com
Send in your application as early as possible, as processing can take anywhere from two to six weeks. You will receive an official approval letter by mail or email, depending on the method in which you submitted your application.
Once approved, you will be eligible to come in during normal visiting hours, which are from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm CST daily.
Securus Tech provides phone service for those located at the Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex. To receive calls, you will need to open a prepaid Advance Connect account.
You can place up to $50 in your account, and the cost of each call will automatically be deducted. Securus offers several payment methods, including credit cards, debit cards, and Western Union.
With a Securus Tech account, you can also schedule video visits from anywhere you have an internet connection. Download the Securus app, which is available on most Apple or Android devices.
When scheduling a video visit, keep in mind that they are often treated just like an in-person visit would. Accordingly, the visit will likely be monitored and could be terminated early if you are overheard planning an escape or otherwise engaging in illegal activities.
In 2022, the Florida Department of Corrections will begin implementing electronic scanning of all mail. The new procedure is being phased in at four other locations. So for now, inmates may still receive letters addressed as follows:
Inmate's Name and FL DOC #
Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex
4455 Sam Mitchell Drive
Chipley FL, 32428-3597
When the new procedure is implemented at NWFRC Annex, mail will then be sent to a centralized location for processing. No date has yet been provided for the change, so you will need to check the prison's website for updates. Once the facility has switched to electronic scanning, the address for mail will be:
Inmate's name (last name, first name)
PO Box 23608
Tampa, FL 33623
All mail will be inspected and read by DOC personnel, regardless of what procedure it falls under.
How to Send Money and Packages to Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex Inmates
Inmates have only limited access to many of the everyday items you and I take for granted. Accordingly, money and packages are always very welcome. If you'd like to remember your loved one with a little something extra, there are a few ways you can go about doing that.
JPay is the authorized money transfer service for the NWFRC Annex, as well as the entire Florida Department of Corrections. JPay offers several ways for you to make payment, including the following:
- Online at JPay.com
- Via their mobile app
- By contacting a customer service representative at (800) 574-5729
- In-person at any Moneygram location
Sending Books and Magazines
Any books or magazines must meet the criteria spelled out in Florida Administrative Rule 33-501.401. Specifically, materials are subject to scrutiny and must be sent from an authorized vendor or directly from the publisher.
Rules on Packages
There is no method of sending packages to those at the . Furthermore, mail sent in boxes, oversized envelopes, or card-stock type envelopes is expressly prohibited.
Take These Steps Before Calling or Writing a Prisoner
Calling or writing a prisoner is not as easy as contacting someone on the outside. There are a few things to keep in mind if you are to avoid unnecessary heartache. For example, before you accept calls from an inmate, you should first know where that person is located. Interstate phone calls tend to be much more costly than ones within your state.
Do you need to find out where an inmate is located? If so, you'll be amazed at how easy it is to find someone using the Connect with an Inmate product from DoNotPay.
- Open a DoNotPay account in your web browser. It's quick and easy!
- Choose Locate Someone in the tab marked Connect With an Inmate.
- Enter the inmate's name and state.
- Submit the request. It will be processed instantly, and you will receive your inmate's current location in only a few seconds.
Challenges You May Face When Contacting a Loved One in Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex
Inmates with good family support systems are more likely to complete educational or other training programs. As such, they will have an easier time adjusting to life outside once they are released. Indeed, maintaining contact with your loved one is extremely important, but that does not necessarily mean it's hassle-free. A few challenges family members are often faced with include:
- Irregular phone calls, since offenders may not always have access to phones
- Long wait times to receive mail
- Extensive travel times for in-person visitation
- Exorbitant costs associated with phone calls
Get in Touch With Your Incarcerated Loved Ones via DoNotPay
Those with a loved one in prison have numerous challenges of their own to deal with. Maintaining contact with an inmate should not be one of them. With the Connect with an Inmate feature, DoNotPay offers a simple solution. Just provide us with the basic information below and you're all set:
- Offender name
- ID or Booking number
- Name of the correctional facility
- A housing unit, if applicable
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
Are you not sure if your loved one is at the Northwest Florida Reception Center Annex or another facility? DoNotPay can make it easy to locate an imprisoned friend or family member by using the following steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Here at DoNotPay, we take everyday tasks such as connecting with an inmate and simplify them so that ordinary people like yourself are not overly burdened. If you're struggling with any of the following, chances are we have an easy solution available.
- Cutting in line in the phone queue when calling customer service
- Disputing parking tickets
- Enrolling in free trials without risk
- Fighting traffic and/or speeding tickets
- Getting even with robocalls
- Filing lawsuits in small claims court
- Handling credit card issues with credit cards
- Scheduling yourself a DMV appointment quickly
- Getting your money back from airlines after a delayed or canceled flight
- Keeping your work safe from copyright infringement
- Getting help when you can't pay the bills
- Obtaining protection against stalking and harassment
- Securing refunds and chargebacks
- Eliminating email spam forever
- Putting a stop to spam texts
- Filling out a clinical trial application
- Reaching a loved one behind bars
- Signing up for services and skipping phone verification
- Securing any unclaimed funds under your name
- Successfully canceling memberships and subscriptions
Ready to Let Us Help You?
Are you ready to let us help you reach someone inside the ? If so, get in touch with us today to find out how easy it can be to connect with an inmate.