The Most Convenient Way to Get Your North Dakota Fishing License
Whether you're fishing for trout in the Missouri River, yellow perch at Devils Lake, or a trophy catfish from the Red River, North Dakota offers ample opportunities to enjoy the sport. All you need to pull in that prized catch is an .
Before heading off to your favorite fishing hole, find out which type of North Dakota fish and game license applies to you. It can be a time-consuming process. Fortunately, DoNotPay offers a more convenient way to help you get what you need.
Who is Eligible to Get a North Dakota Fishing License?
Eligibility for a North Dakota game and fishing license depends on a few variables, including age and residency. DoNotPay provides the following guidelines to help you identify which license application you need to complete.
North Dakota Residents
- Anyone who has resided in North Dakota for the past six months and does not claim residency in another state is considered a resident.
- Individuals 16 or older must submit a valid North Dakota driver's license or non-driver picture ID number as proof of residency.
- A nonresident full-time student enrolled in a public, private, or tribal college or university may apply for a resident fishing license.
North Dakota Resident Exceptions
- An individual who's lived in the state for less than six months may apply for a Waiver of Residency with proof of intent to become a legal resident.
- Military personnel on duty or leave in North Dakota may apply for a residency waiver.
North Dakota Nonresidents
Any person 16 years of age or older may apply for one of the following nonresident fishing licenses:
- Individual Full Season
- Married Couple Season
- Paddlefish Tag
Resident and Nonresident Individuals Under the Age of 16
- If a licensed individual accompanies them, youths under 16 do not need an ND fishing license UNLESS they paddlefish.
Fishing License Types and Costs in North Dakota
Resident Fishing Licenses
|Annual Fishing License||$16|
|Senior Citizen (65 and older)||$5|
|Totally or Permanently Disabled||$5|
|Veteran: 50% or more service-related disability||$5|
|Resident Combination License
(16 or older, includes: Fishing, General game and habitat, Small game, Furbearer)
|Individual Full Season (16 or older)||$45|
|Married Couple Full Season||$60|
How to Get a North Dakota Fishing License on Your Own
You can get the appropriate ND fishing license yourself by following these steps:
- Go online to North Dakota Game and Fish website's Buy and Apply.
- Select Purchase a License under the Licensing section.
- You'll be directed to the first page of the application, where you will enter your name and birthdate.
- If this is your first time purchasing a license, you'll be guided to create a new account where you will continue adding personal information.
- Determine whether you need a resident or nonresident license and which option for each.
- Provide the required data and proof of ND residency or nonresident identification.
- Verify your information.
- Pay the required fee by entering valid credit card information.
- Print or download your ND fishing license.
- If you have questions, you can call the North Dakota Game and Fish Department at 701-328-6300 or email email@example.com.
The Easier Way to Get Your North Dakota Fishing License Right Now with DoNotPay
As with many government agencies, the staff may be busy helping others. You could run into problems with the online process and have long wait times trying to connect with the appropriate person to answer your questions.
You can avoid the frustrations of trying to navigate the state's online application and sitting on hold by using DoNotPay's easy three-step process:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
And that's it! DoNotPay will get your North Dakota fishing license on your behalf, which will be valid immediately. Just download the file and print it as a temporary license, while a physical copy gets processed and sent to you by mail.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your ND Fishing License?
DoNotPay takes the frustration out of trying to work through the state's online fishing license application process. You'll find that using our online resources, DoNotPay is:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to figure out which license you need.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in applying for a North Dakota game and fish license.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll get you through the process, providing you with the appropriate license.
DoNotPay also offers a handy fishing license app for easier accessibility.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Getting you a North Dakota fishing license is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with. In fact, we can guide you through managing a wide range of situations that may arise, such as obtaining a tourist visa in locations around the globe, creating a perfect passport photo, or getting you a saltwater fishing license if you’re planning on fishing on the ocean.
Let DoNotPay simplify your life!