How to Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Mississippi
It can be tricky to get a copy of your marriage certificate in Mississippi. Getting your marriage certificate should be easy. You should be able to apply for your marriage certificate online and obtain proof of your Mississippi marriage certificate online, but it can be complicated in reality.
The marriage certificate documents can be confusing, and even how to fill out your marriage certificate can be complex. can tell you how to get your marriage certificate, how much it costs, how long you'll have to wait, or how to order a replacement marriage certificate quickly and easily.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses in Mississippi
|Marriage License||Gives you the state’s permission to marry|
|Marriage Certificate||Proves that you are legally married|
A marriage license is a legal document obtained before you get married, while the marriage certificate is a certified copy that you'll get after the ceremony to prove that the marriage has taken place.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Mississippi?
- Marriage Records in Mississippi are not regarded as public information. Only persons with direct, tangible, or legitimate claims can be issued certified copies.
- Anyone willing to go through the steps can get an informational copy of a marriage certificate in Mississippi.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Mississippi?
The fee for a search of the records and a certified copy is $17. Additional copies ordered at the same time are $6 each.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Mississippi?
Processing time is 7-10 business days after getting a request by Regular Mail and 3-5 business days after getting a request by UPS Express Service.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Mississippi?
If you are applying for yourself, a relative, or a legal representative, you must provide a completed application and a copy of your valid photo identification. Acceptable forms of identification are the following:
- State-Issued Driver's License
- State-Issued Photo ID
- Employment ID
- School, College or University ID
- US Military ID
- Tribal ID
- Alien Registration/Permanent Resident Card
- Temporary Resident Card
- US Passport
A guardian or legal representative must submit proof of guardianship/legal representation with this application.
How to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Mississippi by Yourself
Mississippi gives you a variety of ways to request your marriage certificate.
- You can visit the office in Jackson yourself on weekdays between 8 and 4:30.
- You can mail a request with a check.
- You can use an outside agency to order online because Mississippi Vital Records does not process credit cards.
- You can use an outside agency by phone for a fee.
There are problems with all of these solutions. Not using a credit card is inconvenient; it's unlikely you'll be free during office hours even if you live near Jackson and no one wants to write a check.
Outside agencies can seem suspect when it comes to giving your personal information, and they add a fee to make it more expensive. There must be a better way!
Next Steps for Getting a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Mississippi if You Can't Do it Yourself
You can send a relative or legal representative to get it for you, but it's still not a good solution. It's unlikely you have relatives free during business hours, and they require you to explain why they are representing you, and it still requires you to write a check.
Don't go to the hassle. Let DoNotPay handle it quickly and easily.
Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate Instantly With the Help of DoNotPay
Mississippi vital records don't accept credit cards and other methods of payment are a hassle. So let DoNotPay jump through the hoops and over the hurdles and make life easy for you.
If you want to Order/Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Mississippi but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Order a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate
DoNotPay has helped thousands of people get their marriage certificates, and they can help you too.
- Fast: You don't have to spend hours trying to solve the issue.
- Easy: You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in solving your problem.
- Successful: You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- How to win in small claims court
- We can stop you from getting stalked and harrassed
- We can help you do a sex offender search
- We can teach you how to file a formal complaint