Connect With an Inmate at Milan Federal Correctional Institution - Fast
Milan Federal Correctional Institution is a low-security federal correctional institution that houses 1,471 male inmates. It is located in Michigan outside the city of Milan. The prison first went into service in 1933 and held female prisoners until 1939.
Currently, Milan FCI is known for being the only federal prison with a high school diploma program, which it runs in conjunction with Milan High School.
Milan Federal Correctional Institution Contact Information
Below is the contact information for Milan FCI.
|Physical Address||Milan Federal Correctional Institution
‘4004 East Arkona Rd.
Milan, MI 48160
To reach the facility from Detroit or Ann Arbor, take Interstate 94 to Highway 23 south. Continue south for around 20 minutes to exit 27 for Carpenter Rd. Continue until you reach Arkona Rd in York Charter Township.
How to Communicate With Inmates Housed at Milan Federal Correctional Institution
There are many regulations related to inmate visitation at Milan that you will need to keep in mind. Below are some policies that you need to adhere to:
- Guests must obtain approval before visiting.
- Approvals are processed through applications that are sent by inmates to potential visitors. Inmates are responsible for scheduling their visits through the TRULINCS email system.
- Anyone wishing to visit the inmate must fill out the form and mail it back to Milan.
- Approved visitors will be placed on a list allowing them to visit the inmate.
- Inmates are allowed no more than two visitors per visit, including children.
- Visitors must wear appropriate clothing, which means, among other things, that it is not excessively revealing.
It is important to keep in mind that visits are by appointment only.
The Inmate Telephone System is a debit/collect system. Credits for debit calls may be purchased via the inmate telephone after 4:00 p.m. on weekdays and all day on weekends. As with all federal prisons in Michigan, you will need to rely on the prisoner to call you. You will not be able to reach them directly via phone.
By Sending Money
Inmates at Milan can receive money sent through MoneyGram or Western Union. You can also send them money through the U.S. Postal Service.
2. Online You can deposit funds online using Visa or MasterCard by visiting MoneyGram and entering receive code 7932 and the amount you're sending. If you haven't already set up an account, you will need to do that first.
1. Over the phone. To send an inmate money over the phone through Western Union, call 1-800-634-3422 and choose option 2.
2. Online To send an inmate money online through Western Union, go here and click on "Quick Collect."
To send an inmate funds by mail, you must send a money order through the United States Postal Service. Include the inmate's full name and complete eight-digit register number. Send the money order to:
Post Office Box 474701
Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001
Make sure to include the inmate's full name and eight-digit register number on the envelope, each on their own separate line above the address.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting a Loved One in the Milan Federal Correctional Institution
Getting a letter sent to your loved one in a correctional institution or federal prison may seem like an easy task. Lack of attention to detail, however, could mean your mail ending in the wrong hands or getting returned to you. Here are important details you need to include when addressing a letter to an inmate to ensure they get your mail:
- First and last name of the inmate
- Inmate’s booking or ID number
- The facility’s physical address
- Your contact details
Take note that there is also a specific format that you must follow. Do not use nicknames or prison authorities may just as well return the mail to you. Your address label should come in the following format::
INMATE NAME & REGISTER NUMBER
FEDERAL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
P.O. BOX 1000
MILAN, MI 48160
Get In Touch With Your Loved Ones Via DoNotPay
As you can tell from the above rules and regulations, keeping in touch with inmates at Milan Federal Correctional Institution isn't always simple. Aside from the detailed steps, it’s easy to miss out on one detail that could lead to your mail getting returned or worse, ending up where it shouldn’t.
For all these reasons, if you're trying to get in touch with an inmate, DoNotPay can be extremely helpful. To use DoNotPay to connect with an offender at Milan, go to DoNotPay and select the Connect with an Inmate product.
Then just enter the inmate ID or Booking Number, the name of the prison, and the unit the inmate is located in, if applicable.
In no time, DoNotPay can help you connect with the person you're trying to reach.
Take Advantage of DoNotPay to Aid You in Contacting an Incarcerated Friend
DoNotPay can assist whether you wish to get in touch with an inmate personally or by mail. Using the app you can get help in:
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Someone In Prison
DoNotPay can even help you track down where a prisoner is being held. To find an inmate with no hassle using DoNotPay, just follow the steps below::
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you navigate legal and bureaucratic challenges in so many ways. Just take a look at a few examples of situations where it can be of assistance:
- Participating in clinical trials
- Dealing with bills you can't pay
- Stopping text spam
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Scheduling a DMV appointment
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Fighting parking tickets
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Eliminating spam mail forever
Whether you want to contact an inmate at the Milan Federal Correctional Institution, or you have a task that you need help with, sign up with DoNotPay today so we can help you right away!