The Ins and Outs of Microsoft Warranty
Microsoft is a well-known American technology company. You can purchase PCs, computer software, and other electronics from the company. DoNotPay will provide relevant info about the protection that comes with those devices and show you the best way to claim your Microsoft warranty.
What Is Microsoft Surface Warranty?
Microsoft launched a series of touchscreen PCs and interactive whiteboards called Surface. A new device from this series has a one-year limited hardware warranty and 90 days of technical support. This is a standard warranty and protects only hardware malfunctions. It will not cover accidental damage.
In case you want to include accidental damage coverage and prolong your device’s protection, you may buy an extension to your standard warranty—Microsoft Complete Protection plan— within 45 days of your purchase. This additional coverage also comes with prolonged technical support for preinstalled software.
Microsoft Complete Warranty Coverage and Length
Microsoft Complete provides you with extended coverage and support for Surface and Xbox products. Take a look at the table below for a warranty coverage and length overview:
|Type of Device||Coverage Length|
|Up to four years|
|Up to three years|
For Surface devices, you will get software support for Windows and Office as well.
You can count on Microsoft Complete to cover accidental damage such as:
- Cracked screens
There are three ways to get Microsoft Complete coverage:
- With a new purchase of an Xbox or a Surface device
- From the Microsoft Store App by searching for Microsoft Complete and adding the plan within 45 days since the purchase
- By contacting Microsoft’s customer support over the phone at 1-877-696-7786
You can also check the coverage status of your Microsoft Complete plan online by signing in to your account.
How To Claim Microsoft Surface Warranty Manually
You can file a claim for your Microsoft Surface warranty on your own in three ways. Take a look at your options in the table below:
|Can You Claim Your Warranty With||Yes/No|
How To Claim Microsoft Surface Warranty Over the Phone
You can call Microsoft’s support service and let them know you want to claim your warranty. Do the following:
- Call (800) 642 7676
- Explain the problem with your device
- Provide the rep with your device’s serial number
- Give them all the warranty info
- Follow any further instructions
How To Claim Microsoft Surface Warranty on the Company’s Website
You can complete an online warranty claim form and submit it this way. Follow these instructions:
- Download the online form
- Click on Enable
- Enter the product’s name, version, and serial number
- Select the reason for your warranty claim
- Submit your claim
File a Microsoft Warranty Claim the Easy Way—Use DoNotPay!
If you want to go through the warranty claiming process stress-free, you should turn to DoNotPay for help. File a Microsoft warranty claim with a few clicks. Open DoNotPay in your web browser and heed these instructions:
- Select the Claim Warranty feature
- Choose the Warranty on a Purchased Item category
- Select Microsoft as the company you wish to claim a warranty from
- Give us the purchase details
- Explain the issue with the product
DoNotPay will send the claim letter in your stead once you finish this simple form.
DoNotPay Deals With Rejected Warranty Claims
Sometimes companies try to get out of paying the repairs of your products by denying warranty claims. If Microsoft pulls this with you, DoNotPay can help appeal a claim. You’ll only need to follow these instructions:
- Find and select the Claim Warranty feature
- Choose the Appeal a Denied Warranty Claim category
- Inform us who you are appealing against—a product manufacturer or a dealer of extended warranties
- Provide the important info regarding your warranty claim
We will submit the appeal letter on your behalf, and Microsoft should contact you soon.
Keep Bureaucratic Problems at Bay With DoNotPay
If you are not satisfied with the service you get, we can also help you cancel Office 365 or Xbox Live subscriptions in no time. In case your inbox is getting cluttered, our app can assist you in stopping spam emails from Microsoft.
If you open our app from your web browser, we can help you deal with any of the following tasks:
- Fighting parking tickets
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Ridding yourself of spam text messages
- Pursuing justice in small claims court
- Resolving credit-card related problems
- Getting a DMV appointment scheduled in no time
- Applying for clinical trials across the country
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Saying goodbye to spam mail
- Protecting yourself and people you care for from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from numerous companies
- Getting in touch with customer care agents
- Requesting refunds and compensation from airlines
- Managing bills you are unable to pay
- Filing a claim for any warranty
- Signing up for free trials without worries of getting charged
- Keeping your work safe from copyright infringement
- Getting revenge on annoying robocalls
- Unsubscribing from all kinds of subscriptions or memberships
- Signing up for services without phone number verification
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Not paying for college application fees
- Keeping in touch with your incarcerated loved ones