The Fast and Easy Way to Connect With a Miami Correctional Facility Inmate
Do you know someone incarcerated at Indiana’s Miami Correctional Facility, and you want to contact them? When communicating with inmates across the nation's prison system it helps to know the little nuances that different facilities require.
This post will look at the Miami Correctional Facility and show you the fast and easy way to connect with an inmate incarcerated there.
Miami Correctional Facility Basic Information
The Miami Correctional Facility is an all-male Level 4 high medium-security prison in Miami county, Indiana. The Indiana Department of Corrections operates it with Warden William Hyatte. This facility sits on the old Grissom Air Reserve Base 11 miles north of Kokomo, Indiana. Established in 19998, this facility can house over 3100 inmates making it the largest correctional facility in the state of Indiana.
Miami Correctional was also one of the first prisons in the nation to implement an anti-methamphetamine program to address the number of addicted inmates coming into the prison due to using and distributing this drug.
|Physical address||Miami Correctional Facility
3038 West 850 South
Bunker Hill, IN, 46914-9810
|Website||Miami Correctional Facility on www.IN.gov|
Getting in Touch With Inmates on Your Own
Letters to inmates are encouraged as a rehabilitation tool and something the inmate can look forward to. Mail can be sent so long as it is addressed properly with the inmate's CDCR number. If you are not sure about this information, you can look it up by an inmate search tool.
These rules and policies are put in place to keep you and the inmates safe.
That being said, wouldn't you like a simple-to-use online platform to connect with Miami Correctional Facility inmates? Read on to discover how DoNotPay is the faster and easier way to connect with Miami Correctional inmates.
Visitation at Miami Correctional Facility
Before a person even thinks about visiting an inmate at Miami Correctional, there is a lengthy document outlining the Policy and Administrative Procedures for inmate visitation. You should read this thoroughly before going to the actual application for visitation, which must be completed before you can schedule your visit.
A PDF copy of the application can be found here.
Once your application has been approved, you will then need to become familiar with the rules for visitation.
To better illustrate the rules for visitation at Miami Correctional, look at this document prepared for the facility and approved by the warden, William R. Hyatte, in May 2018. This document outlines what you need to do for a visit to a prison inmate in great detail.
Twenty-one rules explain everything from when visits can occur to the dress code and proper behavior during inmate visitation.
Telephone Calls to Inmates in Miami Correctional Facility
Inmates at Miami Correctional Facility are not allowed to receive incoming phone calls. However, they are allowed to make phone calls.
Inmates can only make collect phone calls, and if the call is going to a prepaid cellular or regular cell phone line, you will need to set up an account with ConnectNetwork to receive collect calls via cellular phone. Keep in mind that collect calls from inmates can be rather expensive.
Inmates are allowed to purchase items beyond their basic necessities. They can purchase things like shoes, socks, underwear, and hygiene products through the commissary, provided they have money on their prison commissary account. This brings us to our next section, sending money to Miami Correctional Facility inmates.
How to Send Money to Inmates in Miami Correctional Facility
There are three ways to send money to a Miami Correctional Inmate, and we will outline them here.
- Lock Box. This is a no-fee service that has a shorter hold time for money coming into the inmate's account. You can send money orders, personal checks, or cashier's checks. You must use a deposit slip provided by JPay, a prison financial service.
- EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) A paid service that usually only holds the funds for one to three days and can be used via ConnectNetwork mentioned earlier or JPay also mentioned.
- You can also mail funds directly to the facility at the address above.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting a Loved One in the Miami Correctional Facility
Visiting an inmate can be difficult if you are not close to Miami County. It is incredibly time-consuming to travel, expensive, and emotional.
If you want to avoid some costs and simplify getting into contact with your loved one, DoNotPay can assist you. You can easily use the Connect with an Inmate feature if you have the inmate's ID and the prison's name. If you are unsure of the information, we can:
- Locate inmates through our easy Search Tools
- Send physical letters to the inmate
- Receive replies from inmates through our virtual mailbox.
Our services are affordable and secure. They can help you stay in contact with your loved one the easy way.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
You can connect with your incarcerated loved one in just five easy-to-follow steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
And that's it! DoNotPay takes the confusion out of connecting you with a Miami Correctional inmate!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Getting you connected to your Miami Correctional inmate is just the beginning of what DoNotPay can do!
Look at these other prison-related issues you can solve using DoNotPay!
- Write a prisoner
- Prisoner pen pal
- Inmate visitation
- How to address a letter to a prisoner
- Writing letters to inmates
Let DoNotPay connect you to a Miami Correctional inmate today!