How to Connect With an Inmate at Mercer State Correctional Institution
If you have a friend or loved one incarcerated at , you may wonder how to connect with them and show your support. It's natural to have a lot of questions, such as the following:
- Where is Mercer State Correctional Institution?
- What are some ways I can contact an inmate?
- When can I visit my loved one at Mercer State Correctional Institution?
- How can I send mail, money, or a package to my loved one?
As a person juggling work and family responsibilities, you may also find yourself longing for the quickest and most straightforward way to reach your loved one at Mercer State Correctional Institution. Read on to find the answers to these common questions and information that will help you successfully communicate with your loved one.
Where Is Mercer State Correctional Institution Located?
is a minimum-security prison located in western Pennsylvania, approximately an hour north of Pittsburgh. Also known as SCI Mercer, the jail houses roughly 1,500 adult male inmates. SCI Mercer is known for its CARE Canine Program, through which offenders work to train shelter dogs in preparation for adoption. Here is some general information about SCI Mercer:
|801 Butler Pike, Mercer, PA 16137
|Mercer State Correctional Institution’s website
|Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays: 8:30 a.m.-3:30 pm.
How to Contact an Inmate at Mercer State Correctional Institution
SCI Mercer is an expansive prison that encompasses 37 buildings. The leadership team at SCI Mercer encourages communication between inmates and loved ones. If you would like to connect with an inmate at Mercer State Correctional Institution, there are four ways you can communicate with them:
- Visit during approved visiting hours
- Speak with your friend or loved one by phone
- Write a letter
- Send money or a package
As you think about how you would like to connect with your loved one, remember to consider restrictions. For example, only outbound calls are permitted at SCI Mercer, and all calls are monitored. If you would like to speak by phone, your loved one would have to add your name to their Securus telephone list, and fees would apply. If you are considering an in-person visit, be sure to learn the inmate visitation guidelines and adhere to the visitation hours referenced above.
How to Send Money to an Inmate at Mercer State Correctional Institution
Inmates at SCI Mercer look forward to receiving the money for phone calls and items from the commissary. As long as you have your loved one's inmate ID number and account number, you can send them money by using one of the four methods below:
- Call JPAY at 1-800-574-5729. You can make the deposit day or night using your credit card or debit card.
- Make a deposit online by using JPAY. You can use your debit card or credit card to deposit funds directly into an inmate's account.
- Make a walk-in deposit. Visit any MoneyGram location such as CVS, Walmart, or 7-Eleven, and use "Receive Code 3209" to make a deposit.
- Send a USPS money order by mail. Just fill out a Pennsylvania money order inmate deposit slip and send it to JPAY at P.O. Box 531250 in Miami Shores, FL 33153
How to Send a Letter or Package to an Inmate at Mercer State Correctional Institution
Inmates may receive letters, photos, cards, books, and magazines. Photos must be no larger than 4 x 6 inches, and no Polaroid photos are allowed. Before being distributed, all letters and packages are inspected by prison staff, and any envelopes or parcels containing prohibited materials or content may be confiscated. Knowing how to address a letter to an inmate is essential, and all letters and parcels should be sent using the address below:
Inmate Name, Inmate Number
PO Box 33028
St Petersburg, FL 33733
What Are Some Obstacles to Contacting a Loved One at SCI Mercer?
Sometimes, some challenges may stand in the way of communicating with your loved one. Here are a few obstacles that may prevent you from connecting with your loved one at Mercer State Correctional Institution:
- Incomplete Or Incorrect Address Information: If you don't know how to address a letter to an inmate, your letter or package could get lost.
- Phone Call Restrictions: You can't make an outbound call to your loved one. They must contact you collect or through their Securus account.
- Sending Letters With Prohibited Content: Not all letters and photos are allowed, so you must learn about writing letters to inmates.
How to Use DoNotPay to Connect With an Inmate at Mercer State Correctional Institution
DoNotPay is the fastest, easiest way to connect with a friend or loved one at Mercer State Correctional Institution. The DoNotPay app has a simple feature called Connect With An Inmate that you can connect with your loved one quickly and without hassle. You simply need the full name of the person you would like to contact and the following three pieces of information to use the feature:
1. The Name of the Correctional Institution or Prison
2. The Inmate's ID or Booking Number
3. The Unit or Building Where the Inmate is Housed
That's it. With those three pieces of information, you can use the DoNotPay app to send a letter or create a virtual mailbox for easy mail retrieval. You can even use the app to share a photo with your loved one.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Locate a Friend or Loved One in Jail or Prison
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one.
What Are Some Other Ways DoNotPay Can Make Life Easier for You?
is one of the thousands of ways DoNotPay makes life easier for users. Here is a sampling of some of the many other tasks DoNotPay can help you complete with ease:
- Find unclaimed money you are owed
- Learn how to become pen pals with a prison inmate
- Sign up for trials without paying a cent
- Sue a person or organization in small claims court
- Contest parking tickets
- Connect with a customer service rep quickly
- Receive a refund from a company
- Schedule a DMV appointment with ease
- Combat text spam
- Protect yourself from stalkers and harassment
- Resolve credit card issues
- Subscribe to services without providing your phone number
- Manage unpaid bills
- Seek compensation for robocalls
- Safeguard against copyright infringement
- Receive payment for a delayed airline flight
- Cancel subscriptions or memberships quickly
- Fight Email spam
- Apply for clinical trials
- Resolve credit card issues
DoNotPay is your quick, trusted solution for time-consuming challenges. DoNotPay can help you put money back in your pocket and hours back in your day. We invite you to to put yourself on the path to a more hassle-free life.