How to File a Complaint Against Mayflower Moving Company
Mayflower Moving Company is already ready to take responsibility for any accidents that may happen when moving your belongings to your new location. This includes moving services for any type of moving around Texas, interstate, and internationally.
Mayflower allows you to to the company first before escalating it to the Texas State Department of Transportation or to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). You'll need to fill out a complaints form and submit it to Mayflower.
While the process sounds easy, you may have a difficult time navigating the bureaucracy in case you decide to escalate your claim to the state DOT or FMCSA. DoNotPay's Moving Issues product can help you make the right claim and follow through with the process with you until your case is solved and get you the compensation you need.
When Should I File a Complaint against Mayflower Moving Company?
Whether you are moving your family to a new home or your business to a new location, it's best to know that your belongings are handled carefully. Mayflower has put in place several measures to ensure that your belongings are protected in case of accidental damage or loss.
Some of these measures include understanding the Full-Value Protection plan and High-Value Inventory Formwork so that you can be assured of your safety. However, something may go wrong, and you decide to file a complaint.
You can in case of the following incidents.
- Hidden or additional charges that come up after the fee agreement.
- Mishandling items such that they get damaged.
- Lost or stolen items.
- Holding your items hostage while demanding more money.
- Slow services, especially for hourly jobs, so that you get to pay more.
- Delayed pickup or delivery services.
Since the company has a structure in place to listen to your claim, it's important to use this method first before escalating the case to the DOT or the FMCSA.
Does Rainier Mayflower Moving Company Have a History of Customer Complaints?
Yes. With 85 reviews on Yelp, Mayflower Moving Company has an overall rating of 2 stars. It has a few 5-star ratings and quite a number of 1-star ratings on the website. Other review websites like Consumer Affairs have similar ratings that show poor performance.
One of the customers, Roger from Centerville, Ohio, who gave the company a 2-star review, states the following.
"Mike and his unloaders were terrible. Boxes were put everywhere. They put some furniture together but not completely—some boxes I had to move. I looked for my hand truck. They took it. I had to buy another one. Went to lunch and never came back. Do not sign paperwork until satisfied. Very unhappy."
The good news is that the company is keen on compensating its customers and offering the best services, so you can always send in your claim and get the issue solved.
How to Handle Disputes With Mayflower Moving Company
If you feel that Mayflower has not handled your belongings in the right way or you have an issue with the company's moving process, you can submit a claim to Mayflower. Here's how to get started.
- Go to Mayflower's claims page.
- Choose whether you are submitting a claim for a recently completed household move or other types of move.
- If your move was within Texas, you could contact an agent first to get the appropriate form to use.
- Continue to submit your claim.
You can also reach Mayflower via:
|Contact Us page||Contact Page|
|Claims contact number||800-325-9970|
How to File an Official Complaint Against Mayflower Moving Company
If you choose to escalate the matter further, you can file moving company complaints to:
- Texas State Department of Transportation through the Complaints page. You'll receive a call immediately after your complaint is resolved.
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). You'll need to fill out a form on the FMCSA's website and submit it.
- If the company doesn't comply with the instructions from the above departments, you may file a case in the small claims court and present your claims before a judicial officer.
How to File an Official Complaint Against Mayflower Moving Company With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay has a Moving Issues product to help file a complaint at any department depending on the type of claim you are making without having to deal with the bureaucracy at every level.
Here's how it works:
- Search for moving issues on DoNotPay.
- Start our Solve My Moving Issues product by telling us the name of the moving company you are having issues with.
- Answer some questions about your specific move, your moving company, and the complaint for which you'd like relief.
DoNotPay will write a letter to your moving company detailing both your complaints and your demands for compensation and relief and warn against a lawsuit if those demands aren't met. If you don't get a response within two weeks, we can help you escalate to small claims court!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has the answers to any moving issues you may have. Some of these include the following.
- What to do when movers damaged furniture
- How to sue a moving company
- How to file FMCSA Complaint
- Learn if renter's insurance cover move damage
- What to do if movers lose your stuff
Check out DoNotPay's Moving Issues product to learn more.