How to Connect With an Inmate at Maury Correctional Institution
is a close and medium-security prison for men located in Hookerton, North Carolina. It has a capacity of 1,504 inmates and is divided into six units named by color.
Maury Correctional Institution Contact Information
Maury Correctional Institution is located in Hookerton North Carolina. To reach the facility from east or west, take U.S. 70 to Goldsboro. From north or south, take U.S.117 to Goldsboro.
Once you reach Goldsboro, take U.S. 13 N to Snow Hill, then take U.S. 13/258 towards Farmville to Four Way Road. Maury Correctional Institution is located about three miles ahead on the left.
|Physical Address||Maury Correctional Institution
2568 Moore Rouse Road
Hookerton, NC 28538
How to Reach Inmates at Maury Correctional Institute on Your Own
There are a number of requirements at Maury related to inmate visitation. First, all visitors must have been approved prior to their visit. Approvals are processed through applications. Inmates may send blank applications to friends and family who they wish to receive as visitors. Potential visitors should complete the application and mail it back to Maury for approval.
Visits are by appointment only. Call the prison to schedule an appointment. Visitors should call the prison the day before a scheduled visit to confirm its visitation status. Rules and regulations are subject to update, particularly with regard to COVID-19 outbreaks.
Offenders are generally allowed one visit per week with up to three visitors in the visit. Visits are not generally permitted to exceed three hours.
Visitors must pass through a metal detector and wear appropriate clothing, which means, among other things, that it is not excessively revealing.
Inmates may make outgoing calls for a fee but may not receive incoming calls. In order to help fund outgoing calls for inmates, you will need to go through GTL's AdvancePay system.
NCDPS partners with JPay to allow you to send funds to inmates housed at Maury. There are various ways in which you can send money through JPay:
1. Money orders.
- Money orders must be made payable to JPay
- Send a money order with a deposit slip to JPay, P.O. Box 173070, Hialeah, FL 33017
- Funds will be available to the offender within 10 business days.
2. Credit or debit online
- Go to JPay.com to pay online.
- Fastest and simplest way to send money to an inmate at Maury.
3. JPay mobile app
- Available from the Apple App store or Google Play
- Allows you to send money from anywhere
4. By phone
- Call (800) 574-5729.
- Pay with your debit or credit card.
5. Walk-in cash
- Visit a MoneyGram location, including Walmart and CVS Pharmacies.
- Use receive code 1224.
- A list of MoneyGram locations is available at JPay.com
Of course, there are fees associated with the above options. A list of the fees can be found here.
Send mail to an inmate
If you want to write to a prisoner or a prison pen pal at Maury Correctional Institute, all mail must be sent through a private company, TextBehind. TextBehind makes it possible for you to write letters to inmates while maintaining the security of the facility by protecting against contraband.
If inmate mail is not addressed as follows, it will be returned.
Offender Name and OPUS Number
Maury Correctional Institution
P.O. Box 247
Phoenix, MD 21131
Get In Touch With Your Loved Ones Via DoNotPay
As the above rules and regulations make clear, keeping in touch with inmates at Maury Correctional Institution isn't for the faint of heart. It can be expensive, and there are a lot of requirements that you have to try not to forget. That's why DoNotPay. can be useful To use DoNotPay to connect with an offender at Maury, go to DoNotPay and select the Connect with an Inmate product.
All you need to do is input the inmate ID or Booking Number, the name of the prison, and the unit the inmate is located in, if applicable.
Once you do that, DoNotPay can help you connect with the person you're trying to reach.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate and Contact Your Imprisoned Friend
DoNotPay can even help you if you don't know where an inmate is incarcerated. To locate an offender quickly using DoNotPay, simply do the following:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay does a lot more than help you find and contact inmates at . It helps untangle bureaucracy in many ways. Some of these include:
- Contesting parking tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Participating in clinical trials
- Dealing with bills you can't pay
- Stopping text spam
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
Give DoNotPay a try today to learn more about these and many other services offered.