The Easiest Way to Obtain a Marriage Certificate in Thurston County
A marriage certificate is one of the vital documents to have for married couples in the USA. It serves as legal proof of marriage between two individuals. A can come in handy if you need to add your spouse to your work benefits, obtain a visa or transact with IRS.
However, getting a marriage certificate is not an easy process. There are myriads of processes involved in processing a marriage certificate, which can take a lot of your valuable time. But you don't have to handle this process alone. DoNotPay can help you obtain copies of certified, US government-issued marriage certificates right from your laptop to prove your marriage, obtain visas, permits, financial benefits, and more.
Is There Any Difference Between Marriage Certificates And Marriage Licenses?
A marriage license is a legal document that a couple obtains before marriage. The license is signed during or after a marriage ceremony and returned by an officiant to the county where a marriage certificate is issued. A marriage certificate is a certified copy that a married couple receives after marriage. It is a legal document that proves two people are married.
Who Can Officiate Marriage Ceremonies In Thurston County?
Under the state law (RCW 26.04.050), the following persons, active or retired, can perform marriage ceremonies:
- Judges of the supreme court, the court of appeal, municipal court, or the district court
- A licensed or ordained official of any religious organization.
- Commissioners of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeals, and Superior Court
What Is the Cost of a Marriage Certificate Copy in Thurston County?
Here are the corresponding fees:
|Photocopies of marriage certificates (not certified)
|$1.00 per page
|Certified copy of marriage certificates - First page
|Certified copy of marriage certificates - Additional Copies
|$1.00 for each
Are Thurston County Marriage Records Public Information?
Yes. Marriage records in Thurston are presently open records that any member of the public may access. Parties who wish to get copies of vital records are generally not required to provide any form of identification. However, where a document contains confidential sections, the only persons with access are the people named on the record, such as relatives or any person with a court order.
How Long Will I Wait to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Thurston County?
The approximate processing time for is two weeks by mail. You must submit your complete application and payment three weeks prior to your marriage ceremony to obtain a marriage certificate by that date. The fastest way to receive the marriage certificate is by submitting your application online.
How to Obtain a Marriage Certificate in Thurston County?
To obtain a marriage certificate after your marriage ceremony, follow the steps outlined below:
- Apply for a marriage license: apply and get a marriage certificate from a county auditor in Washington
- Schedule the wedding: the next step is to schedule the wedding in person. Visit Superior Court Administration to schedule the wedding. The court is open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 4 pm. the physical address is: Superior Court Administration. 2000 Lakeridge Drive SW, Building 2. Olympia, WA 98502. 360-754-4108
- Deliver the license, certificates, and gratuity to Building #2, Court Administration, at the same time you are scheduling your wedding.
- Ensure you have two witnesses over age 18 during the wedding. The county can provide witnesses on your behalf for a fee.
- Pay a gratuity fee in cash. The fee is $80 and must be paid at the courthouse. Witness gratuity is $20.
How to Order a Marriage Certificate Copy in Thurston With DoNotPay
If you need a copy of your marriage certificate in Thurston, DoNotPay can help. Here’s what to do:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- Next, you can notarize your document by scheduling a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Other Issues DoNotPay Can Help You Solve
DoNotPay can also help you solve the following problems:
- File defamation demand letters
- Airline flight compensation
- Chargebacks and refunds
- Item return requests
Let DoNotPay Help Today
Getting a Thurston marriage certificate is a tedious process. You have to fill out the request form, have it notarized if necessary, print it, sign it, and submit it. Luckily, DoNotPay can help with this process. Through our Certificates of Marriage product, you can digitally apply and request certified copies straight from your laptop. Contact us today to learn more.