The Fastest Way to Get a Marriage Certificate in Davidson County, TN
A is beneficial for applying for loans and mortgages, filing taxes, applying for new passports, and more. However, getting a certified copy of a marriage certificate can be a long and tedious process. DoNotPay can help with this process.
DoNotPay can help you obtain copies of certified, U.S. government-issued marriage certificates from your laptop to prove your marriage, obtain Visas, permits, financial benefits, etc. You can digitally apply and obtain certified copies straight from your laptop through our Certificates of Marriage product.
Who Has Permission to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Davidson County, Tennessee?
Tennessee Division of Vital Records issues certified copies of marriage certificates for events that occurred within the state of Tennessee. Copies of marriage certificate records are only issued to the parties to the marriage or a family member. The copies of marriage records are shipped to the applicant's home or work address.
Is There Any Distinction Between a Marriage License and a Marriage Certificate?
A marriage license is a document you get from the county clerk to be allowed to get married. A marriage certificate is a legal document that proves you are married. In a nutshell, you obtain a marriage license before the marriage ceremony. The license is signed during your ceremony and returned by an officiant to the county, where the marriage certificate is now issued.
What Is the Cost of a Marriage License in Davidson County, Tennessee?
A costs $99.50. It costs $5.00 to request a certified copy of a marriage license in Davidson County, Tennessee. Make your money order or cheque payable to Davidson County Clerk's Office, Attention Marriage Department, P.O. Box 196333, Nashville, TN 37219-6333. Please note:
- If you need records of marriage in Davidson County that occurred in the period between 1780 and 1992, contact Metro Archives.
- If you need records of marriage in Tennessee that took place in the past 50 years, contact Tennessee Vital Records.
What Are the Requirements to Obtain a Marriage License?
The following are the requirements to get a marriage license in Davidson County:
- Proof of date of birth, such as government-issued photo identification.
- Proof of Social Security Number, like a social security card or tax document. The document must carry a social security number listed.
- Both parties have to appear together at e 700 2nd Ave South, Suite 101, Nashville, TN 37210, between 8 am and 4 pm. both parties must carry proof they are 18 or older.
- A marriage license fee of $99.50. You can be exempt from paying $60 of the fee if you complete a premarital preparation course one year before the date of application for the license.
How Do I Obtain Copies of the Marriage Certificate in Davidson County, TN?
You can get copies of the marriage certificate in person by visiting Tennessee Vital Records, by mail, or through online means.
|Online Orders||The Tennessee Office of Vital Records doesn't directly accept online orders. For online orders, contact an independent company to provide you with this service. Notably, Vitalchek is the only official authorized party to provide this service in the state.
Visit Vitalchek and navigate to the Tennessee marriage certificate section and follow the provided prompts to request copies of marriage certificates.
How to Order/Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Davidson County With DoNotPay
DoNotPay has a much easier way. If you need a copy of your , follow the 7 easy steps provided by DoNotPay:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- Next, you can use our notary product to schedule a notarization appointment. If you don't need it authorized move on to our Mail Checks product DoNotPay will mail in your request form with a check for you.
Let DoNotPay Help you Obtain a Marriage Certificate
Obtaining a can be a time-consuming process. DoNotPay can help with this process. Through our Certificates of Marriage product, you can digitally apply and request certified copies straight from your laptop. Contact us today to learn more.