How to Connect With an Inmate in Lychner State Jail
is a level II mixed-custody prison, holding offenders requiring security ranging from minimum (J1) to maximum (J5), G1, G2, and those classified as transient. It was established in 1995 and named after victim’s rights activist Pam Lychner, who passed away in the TWA flight 800 crash. The facility was first named Atascocita State Jail.
Lychner State Jail hosts approximately 2,276 male offenders, with most of them serving short sentences or awaiting trial. The institution works collaboratively with Joe Kegans State Jail to serve Harris County. Lychner State Jail holds high-risk offenders and those with special needs, while Joe Kegans State Jail holds low-risk offenders.
The institution offers the inmates educational, vocational, and treatment programs to help them recover and acquire profitable skills. Academic courses include GED, literacy, and adult basic education. Inmates who take vocational programs gain skills in construction, custodial work, computer information systems, carpentry, and CAD.
Lychner State Jail Contact Information
is a Texas Department of Criminal Justice state jail for men located in Atascocita, Northeast of Harris County, Texas, and East of Humble. It is 20 miles Northeast of Downtown Houston and easily accessible by road.
Senior Warden: Rodger Bowers
Here’s the institution’s contact information.
|2350 Atascocita Road
Humble, TX, 77396
|(281) 454-5036 (**100)
How to Contact an Inmate at Lychner State Jail
Lyncher State Jail allows its inmates to communicate with their families through different methods. These include:
- Phone Calls
- In-Person Visitation
All mails sent to inmates at Lychner State Jail are opened, read, and scrutinized by the jail staff for security purposes. Ensure that you indicate the correct address on the envelope so that the inmate can receive it.
You can use the following address.
Inmate Name, ID Number
Lychner State Jail
2350 Atascocita Road
Humble, TX 77396
Inmates can receive mail on any day from Monday to Friday, and there’s no limit to the number of letters they can receive.
Lychner State Jail has partnered with Corrlinks as its verified communication service provider to allow inmates to communicate fast with their loved ones. Here’s how to use Corrlinks to communicate with an inmate.
- Sign up to Corrlinks
- Fund your accounting using your Visa or MasterCard Credit card.
- Enter the inmate’s number to add them to your address book.
- You can send your email any time at a small fee, depending on the institution the inmate is held.
The institution staff has the final authority to deliver any messages and may review them, hold them, or reject it just like any other package or letter entering the institution.
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice allows inmates in Lychner State Jail to call their families through the Offenders Telephone Service (OTS). However, before receiving any calls from an inmate, you must first register your phone number on the TDCJ website or the phone through (936) 295-6371 or (800) 535-0283.
To successfully register for phone services, you’ll need the following:
- Your full name as shown on your driver’s license
- Be above 18 years
- Agree to not forward calls, make 3-way calls, or use speakerphone when communicating with the inmate you register.
Telephone calls can be made as:
- Collect calls – Where charges are applied when the offender calls.
- Prepaid for family and friends – The telephone number owner can create an account and deposit money to pay for any calls the offender makes.
- Offender Telephone Prepaid Debit Account – The offender or any family member can deposit money into the offender’s account to make calls.
Each call is allowed 30 minutes, and offenders can call anytime between 7:00 am and 10:00 pm.
In Person Visitations
Lychner State Jail allows visitation on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Each visitation period lasts for two hours, with only two adults permitted to visit at a time.
Both adults and minors visiting inmates at the facility must apply and submit the application form to TDCJ. Once approved, you can visit the inmate and ensure that you follow the institution’s rules on visitation.
How to Get in Touch With Your Loved One in Lychner State Jail With the Help of DoNotPay
Writing a letter to your loved one incarcerated at Lychner State Jail is a good way to keep the communication going as you can send as many letters as you want. You can also include photos that the inmate can look at and connect with the family.
DoNotPay can help you send letters to your loved one at Lychner State Jail without the hassle of going to the post office, saving you time and money. All you need to do is:
- Open the DoNotPay prison product. We’ll walk you through the required steps like adding the inmate’s name, I.D., and facility.
- Write your message through our app/website or upload your own attachments.
- Upload any photos or images you want to attach to the letter.
- Choose from one of our customized letter templates.
- DoNotPay will quickly print and send the letter upon completion, so it’s guaranteed to be received as soon as possible.
To make this experience as personalized as possible, choose a letter template that suits you, including special edition holiday-themed templates. DoNotPay will check the letter to ensure that it follows the best practices for writing a letter to an inmate.
How to Locate and Contact an Imprisoned Friend With the Help of DoNotPay
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We’ll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We’ll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically – just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Check out DoNotPay’s Connect with an Inmate product page to get the information you need and get started.