How to Get in Touch With Lorain Correctional Institution Inmates
Family and friends with inmates at normally connect with their inmates through approaches like phone calls, retrieved messages, and visits. In most circumstances, these approaches may not be convenient for urgent communication. For instance, phone calls have time restrictions, retrieving messages is prone to delays, while visits may be costly for families residing far away from nearby areas.
Lorain Correctional Institution Contact Information
is situated in Grafton, Ohio. The facility is a reception center for male inmates situated in the northern part of the state; hence, it accommodates all security levels from least to locked custody. Lorain correctional institution tries to process inmates within 30 days, but because of consistent overcrowding, most inmates end up in the facility for extended periods while awaiting classification.
The facility accommodates inmates for the short-term while awaiting classification and relocation to the appropriate institution since it has limited inmates' programs. One of the programs provided is Beekeeping, while inmates in this facility can access basic adult education and earn a GED during their incarceration period.
|Physical Address||Lorain Correctional Institution
2075 South Avon-Belden Road
Grafton, Ohio 44044
|Inmate Mailing Address||Inmate Name, ID Number
Lorain Correctional Institution
Grafton, Ohio 44044
How to Contact an Inmate at Lorain Correction Institution
You can contact an inmate at Lorain correctional facility through visits, phone calls, or mail.
Sending Mail to Inmate in Ohio
Inmates at Lorain correctional facility can send or receive unlimited correspondence. However, all written emails are opened and assessed to ensure that the content is free from contraband.
Ensure you incorporate your details like full name and return address when sending emails. The address should be as follows:
Inmate Name, ID Number
P.O. Box or Street Address
City, State, Zip Code
Inmates are also free to receive electronic mail through the JPAY email system, enabling you to send it for a cost. The mail is then printed out in the facility's mailroom and delivered to an inmate by regular mail.
At the facility, inmates lack access to computer devices; hence, all emails are read and assessed.
Inmates at Lorain Correctional facility are allocated a reception or Cadre status, and you must make an appointment to visit the latter. In contrast, no appointment is required for the former.
All inmates can have up to four visits monthly and up to two visitors at a time.
The schedule at the Lorain facility is as outlined:
- Reception Status inmates: visiting is scheduled based on the last digit of the inmates' I.D. number, with inmates whose last digits are odd getting odd dates, while those with even ones get even dates.
- Cadre Inmates: Visits are scheduled by appointments made on Saturdays and Sundays. Visiting hours are scheduled from 8 am to 11 am and from 12 pm to 3 pm.
Lorain correctional facility has a telephone call list, and inmates must submit full names of contacts they want to be included. All inmates on the list can receive phone calls through the facility. The phone calls are billed as either standard collect calls or prepaid collect calls. The phone provider for the Lorain correction facility is Global Tel*Link. To contact an inmate, you can develop a prepaid account over the phone by contacting 1-877-650-4249.
How to Send Money to Lorain Correction Institution
First, you have to be on the approved inmate's visitation list for you to be able to send money.
Money sent to an inmate is subjected to fines, costs, and outstanding debts the inmate may have, incorporating restitution. You may send a maximum of $200 to an inmate at a time through the following methods:
All individuals on the approved inmates' visitation list can deposit money in person at the Kiosk situated at the entry point of the facility. You can pay for the transaction via cash, credit, or debit card once you have either a state I.D. or a driving license.
Inmates have online accounts such as OffenderConnect, where you can deposit money. You can also use a credit or debit card to pay for the transactions.
You can deposit money to the Lorain Correctional facility over the phone by contacting 1-888-988-4768. To use this approach, you need to know the reference Site ID 86. You can pay for transactions through debit and credit card at a cost.
How to Send Packages to Lorain Correctional Institution Inmates
You can also send food and sundry packages via various authorized organizations to death row inmates categorized as custody level 4A and below. Yearly, offenders classified as death row are restricted to three packages, 4A two packages, while level 2 and 3 are limited to three packages, and level 1 offenders may have four packages.
Some approved vendors for packages like food and sundries are Walkenhorsts and Keefe Group. Packages should not exceed 30 pounds in weight and should be less than or equal to 12"x24"x28" in size.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved One in Lorain Correction Institution
As we have seen, you can contact an inmate in the Lorain Correctional facility through the mail, phone calls, or in-person visitation.
These approaches are prone to challenges like:
- Delays since mail is slow and visitation requires you to book an appointment
- Expensive call rates
- In-person visits are also costly due to high transport fees.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can also help you with:
- Handling Problems with Credit Cards
- Getting Revenge on Robocalls
- Securing yourself from Stalking and Harassment
- Securing Your Job Against Copyright Infringement
Use DoNotPay to connect with an inmate today!