Connect With An Inmate At Lockhart Correctional Facility Easily
Lockhart Correctional Facility, also called the Lockhart Unit, was renamed the Gregory S. Coleman Unit. It is a privately maintained prison in Lockhart, Texas. If you have a loved one here, you may be wondering about visitations, writing letters or sending care packages. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you connect with an inmate at the Coleman Unit, formerly known as .
Coleman Unit (Lockhart Correctional Facility) Contact Information
The Coleman Unit was originally called the Lockhart Correctional Facility as it is within the city limits of Lockhart. It is located east of Hwy 20 in Caldwell County. To contact authorities about visitation hours or policies, mail and package policies or with other questions, use the following information:
|Gregory S. Coleman Unit
|1400 Industrial Blvd
Lockhart, TX 78644
|(512) 398-3480 (**109)
How to Visit an Inmate at the Gregory S. Coleman Unit
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice outlines the policies for inmate visitations.
- Confirm the inmate is located at the Coleman Unit and that they have visitation privileges
- Inmate Information Search
- Call the unit for final confirmation
- Confirm the unit's visitation schedule Unit Visitation Schedule and verify that unit-wide visitation has not been canceled www.tdcj.texas.gov
- Verify that you are an approved visitor. You can contact the facility for verification.
- Bring an approved photo ID
- Follow the dress code and do not bring prohibited items (your vehicle is subject to search too).
- If you require a special visit, it must be arranged prior to the visit. Always verify the visit, or accommodations, are still in place before visiting.
- Spiritual visits must be coordinated through the warden's office.
- Inmates are allowed one visit per weekend. You should coordinate with other approved visitors and your incarcerated loved one so that you are not declined
If you are removed from your loved one's Visitors List, you may submit a written appeal within 14 days to the following address:
Director's Review Committee (DRC), P.O. Box 99, Huntsville, TX 77342
Visitation Questions can also be directed to the hotline on Saturdays and Sundays from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. toll free at (844) 476-1289.
Write to an Inmate at the Gregory S. Coleman/Lockhart Correctional Facility
The Texas Department of Justice encourages families and friends to write to inmates often.
- Address the inmate's email with their name, TDCJ number and unit address.
- Letters for different offenders should be in separate envelopes.
- Any mail containing unauthorized materials or contraband will be rejected
- Published materials (newspapers, magazines, books, etc) must be mailed directly by the publisher, publication supplier or bookstore and are still subject to review/rejection in accordance with agency rules.
The Stress of Connecting with an Inmate on Your Own
It can be difficult to connect with a family or friend who has been incarcerated for any number of reasons:
- You don't know where they are located/if they have been transferred
- You don't know their ID number
- The visitation or correspondence policies are confusing, or limiting
- They are too far away to visit in person.
- In-person visitations can be limited, especially during a public health crisis or for other reasons.
If you are looking for a less complicated way to quickly reach out to your loved one, DoNotPay has an easy solution.
Let DoNotPay Help You Connect with Your Loved One
If you have a friend or family member currently at the Gregory S. Coleman Unit, formerly known as the , but are not sure if they have been transferred, are too far to visit, or are worried about following correspondence policies, DoNotPay can help!
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Not only can DoNotPay help you reach out to a loved one at the former (Gregory S. Coleman Unit), but we can also help you connect with any inmate throughout the country.
We are also able to help you solve a variety of other problems, including:
- Credit Card Issues
- Quickly Scheduling DMV Appointments
- Negotiating Bills
- Protecting Your Copyrighted Work
- and so much more!
No matter what concerns you have, DoNotPay has solutions!