How to Connect With an Inmate at the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women
The Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women (also called the KCIW and the Pewee Valley Prison) is a mixed-security prison for adult women that opened in 1938. It is located in Pewee Valley, Kentucky. It is managed by the Kentucky Department of Corrections, and it has a maximum capacity of 721 prisoners at any given time. The prison holds female convicts who need all forms of custody, including Kentucky's death row for women, as well as providing treatment for disabled and special needs inmates.
The process of contacting inmates at the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women can be difficult to navigate, but if you have a friend or loved one in the system, it can greatly improve their quality of life to maintain contact with people on the outside. How do you contact inmates at KCIW, and how can DoNotPay help you simplify the process?
Where Is the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women Located?
The is located near Pewee Valley, Kentucky. While Pewee Valley itself is in Oldham County, the prison is in an unincorporated section of neighboring Shelby County.
3000 Ash Ave.
Pewee Valley, KY 40056
|Main Contact Phone
How to Contact Inmates at the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women
There are a few different ways to contact inmates at KCIW: by telephone and by mail.
How to Contact Inmates at the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women by Phone
The Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women does not allow incoming phone calls to prisoners. In the event of an emergency, you can reach the operator at (502) 241-8454 and then press 0, but you will not be allowed to talk to your inmate this way. The only way KCIW allows phone contact with inmates is if the inmate initiates it. All outgoing calls from the facility must be made collected, meaning that the call's recipient will be on the hook for the bill.
How to Send Mail to Inmates at the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women
All mail to inmates at the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women must be sent via the U.S. Postal Service. These messages are subject to inspection to determine whether they break the prison rules.
The mailing address of the Pewee Valley Prison is:
Inmate's Name & Register Number
Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women
3000 Ash Ave
Pewee Valley, KY 40056.
How to Send Money to Inmates at the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women
You can send money to inmates at the Kentucky Correctional Institute for Women in three ways.
- You can send money through the Access Corrections system
- You can send money through a CashPay Today retail location
- You can mail a money order through the USPS
For more information on what forms you need to send money to a KCIW inmate, see the Kentucky Department of Corrections website.
Get in Touch With Your Incarcerated Loved Ones Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the most efficient way to reach out to an imprisoned friend or family member. Using the Connect With An Inmate feature on the web app, you can set up a virtual mailbox to receive letters from your inmate, send personalized letters, and even send photos to your loved one! All you need is the name and booking number of your inmate, as well as the state they're in. If you don't have that, DoNotPay can also help you find them!
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
If you have an incarcerated loved one, one of the best things you can do for them is to maintain contact during their time in prison. DoNotPay makes it simple to find and contact inmates at any prison or penitentiary, in five simple steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Why Use DoNotPay to Help You Connect With an Inmate
The reason why DoNotPay has been successful with its continued service is due to to the fact that its:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to navigate the outdated prison websites to find information.
- Easy—Everything is done online. No more dealing with pen, paper, stamps, etc.
- Successful—DoNotPay ensures that your approved letter gets to the inmate in the correct location, even if the inmate has been moved.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with much more than . The world's first AI Consumer Champion can:
- Let you sign up for free trials without being charged afterward
- Put an end to text spam
- Skip the long hold times while you're waiting for customer service
- Get refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Dispute parking tickets for you
And much, much more!