Apply for a Johnson County Marriage Certificate Today

iEditorial Note: These blog posts represent the opinion of DoNotPay’s Writers, but each person’s situation and circumstances vary greatly. As a result, you should make sure to do your own independent research. Because everyone is unique, our self-help tools are never guaranteed to help with any specific situation. DoNotPay is not a law firm and is not licensed to practice law. DoNotPay provides a platform for legal information and self-help.

Get a Certified Copy of Your Johnson County Marriage Certificate Fast

A wedding should always be a wonderful time, but little thought is given to the work that has to be done to get it that way. Even beyond the planning, there's a lot of legal paperwork that goes into officiating a union such as getting marriage licenses and the marriage certificate.

A marriage certificate is proof of marriage and is needed for a number of other legal documents and transactions. But if you end up losing your copy, don't panic - let DoNotPay order you a new copy of your today.

Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Johnson County?

There are a few requirements one must meet in order to request a copy of a marriage certificate in Kansas, including Johnson County. These are:

  • Be one of the named parties on the certificate.
  • Be an immediate family member, such as parent or sibling.
  • Be a legal representative of one of the people named on the certificate.
  • Have a vested interest and need for a copy of the certificate.

For the last two categories, you'll need to have a written interest form to be considered. That's to ensure that not just any random person can walk in and ask for marriage records.

How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Johnson County?

You can request a copy of your marriage certificate online, by phone, or in person. The cost of ordering a marriage certificate copy varies based on the method you use.

Here's the cost breakdown:

Cost Per Copy$15
Service Fee for Orders via Phone and Online - Expedited$13.95
Service Fee for Orders via IKAN app$5

For copies ordered and picked up in-person at a clerk's office or through priority mail, there is no additional cost.

How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Johnson County?

The time it takes to get your copy varies greatly by delivery method. You could be waiting anywhere from a few minutes to 10 days or more. Quickest results are those that have you coming in to pick up your copy, such as walk-in orders or will-calls (they call you when they've made the copy so you can come get it). Those that involve mailing the copy to you will depend on the speed of the post office.

What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Johnson County?

Assuming you're one of the people on the certificate or an immediate relative of them, you won't need any additional documentation to order your certificate. However, those who aren't directly related to the married couple will need to provide a written statement explaining their need for the document.

Order a Copy of Your Johnson County Marriage Certificate Yourself

You can order a copy of your marriage certificate on your own. However, it's far from the ideal solution, given how long and arduous the process can be. Instead, you can get DoNotPay to handle all of the hard work for you. If your time has no value, though, here are the ways you can start the request on your own.


Head down to the Office of Vital Statistics to obtain a copy. If you used the app or called ahead, do not do this until you've received an email stating your copy is read. Explain to the clerk on duty that you're here for a copy of your marriage certificate. Then, wait for them to retrieve your copy and pay for it.


Using either the VitalChek website or IKAN app, use the navigation tools to select what you wish to order.

  1. Fill out the forms as needed, specifying why you need the certificate, the date of the marriage, and the names on the certificate.
  2. Review your information.
  3. Check out using your credit or debit card.
  4. Submit your order.


To order by phone, call 877-305-8315.

  1. Use the automated menus to request your copy.
  2. Enter the information required to find your certificate.
  3. Authorize a payment using your credit or debit card.
  4. Review your information.
  5. Submit your order.

Let DoNotPay Order Your Copy of Your Johnson County Marriage Certificate

If requesting a copy of your marriage certificate on your own isn't working out or is taking too long, let DoNotPay step in. All you have to do is follow these quick steps to get us started:

  1. Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.

  2. Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.

  3. Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.

  4. Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.

  5. Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.

  6. Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.

  7. If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

Even after DoNotPay gets you a copy of your , we can still help you out. Check out some of our other services:

There's as many DoNotPay services as there are problems in the world. If there's anything out there troubling you, we're happy to help, so give us a try today and start solving things.

Want your issue solved now?