How to Connect with an Inmate in Jessup Correctional Institution
Jessup Correctional Institution is a medium-security men’s prison in the state of Maryland. The average length of stay at the facility is a little under ten years, which means inmates can get very lonely over the years without contact with their loved ones. If you are the friend or family member of an inmate at Jessup Correctional Institution, it can be difficult to find ways to connect with your loved one while he is incarcerated.
DoNotPay can help people connect with inmates in multiple ways:
- Write a prisoner
- Prison penpals
- Inmate visitation
- Addressing a letter to an inmate
- Writing a letter to an inmate
Where is Jessup Correctional Institution Located?
Jessup Correctional Institution is located in Jessup, Maryland, about 15 miles southwest of Baltimore. It was previously named the Maryland House of Correction-Annex, and the current acting warden is Thomas Wolfe. The contact information for the institution is as follows:
|Physical address||Jessup Correctional Institution
7805 House of Correction Rd.
Jessup, Maryland 20794
|Mailing address||Post Office Box 534 Jessup, Maryland 20794|
|Phone number||(410) 799-6100|
How to Contact Inmates at Jessup Correctional Institution (JCI)
There are three primary ways to contact inmates at Jessup Correctional Institution:
- Via phone
Because inmates at JCI are under medium-security, they are allowed to have in-person visits twice a week. During these visits, up to five people can be present, only three of whom can be adults. Visits can happen any day of the week except for Tuesday, and they occur from 1 pm to 8 pm. Inmates are assigned odd or even days based on their ID number.
There is a list of items that are prohibited from being brought into the facility. Anyone who doesn’t follow these rules is subject to arrest. All visitors, including children, must follow a stern dress code.
Inmates can make outgoing calls to approved phone numbers. These can be prepaid or collect. All phone calls are monitored.
Inmates are allowed to receive letters and photos by mail, as long as they don't break any contraband rules. New books can also be ordered from approved vendors and shipped accordingly. Letters and packages are opened and inspected for contraband and could be denied.
All letters or books should be addressed as follows:
Inmate Name & ID Number
Jessup Correctional Institution
PO Box 534
Jessup MD, 20794
How to Send Money to Jessup Correctional Institution Inmates
Only money orders are allowed to be received by inmates at JCI, and they must be sent to a lockbox address:
P.O. Box 17111
Baltimore, MD 21297-1111
The inmate's name and ID number should be on the money order. It takes 5 days for the money order to take effect, more if the amount is over $250.
How to Send Packages to Jessup Correctional Institution Inmates
JCI may accept care packages for its inmates. These packages include items such as coffee or hygiene products and books, but JCI has specific rules about what is not allowed. Contact the facility before sending a package.
Essential Steps to Take Before Contacting a Prisoner
Prior to contacting a prisoner, you should become knowledgeable about all of the facility's rules and regulations. If you don't know the rules, you will end up wasting time and money without ever having successful communication. You run the risk of traveling all the way to the prison only to be turned away, or worse. You could even be arrested for unknowingly bringing contraband into the facility.
Many communication modes require time to process. Running into difficulties only postpones communication that could greatly enhance the life of your loved one.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting a Loved One in Jessup Correctional Institution
Some of the difficulties you may have when trying to contact a loved one in Jessup Correctional Institution are not being an approved visitor, sending prohibited items, or not knowing visiting hours or the dress code.
Again, you must familiarize yourself with the rules of the institution in order to avoid delays in your mailing, verbal, or in-person communication. As JCI is only medium security, it is easier to communicate with your loved ones than it would be in a max security prison. Still, it can be difficult if you don't prepare yourself by learning the rules specific to the facility.
The Easier Way to Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
If you want to get in touch with your loved ones quickly without the hassle of navigating through the corrections system, take advantage of the help offered by DoNotPay. The Connect with an Inmate feature makes it easy to stay within the rules and reach out to your loved one.
All you have to do is provide some basic information, and will help you contact your inmate quickly, easily, and successfully.
DoNotPay Can Help Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
You can start connecting with an inmate in 5 easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Not only can DoNotPay help you reach out to your loved ones while they are incarcerated at Jessup Correctional Institution, but this AI-powered application can also help with many other issues common in everyday life:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
Sign up for DoNotPay today and get started with solutions to all of life's social and legal issues.