How to Contact a Loved One Held at Iowa Medical Classification Center
The Iowa Medical Classification Center (IMCC), also known as the Oakdale prison, is a facility that treats inmates with physical and mental needs in addition to classifying and diagnosing all inmates entering the adult correctional system in the state. The classification center can hold 918 male and female inmates. Oakdale hosts approximately 400-500 new inmates every month before they are classified and released to other facilities.
Connecting with an inmate at the Iowa Medical Classification Center can prove challenging due to the nature of the institution acting only as a stopover for inmates transferring to other correctional facilities. However, DoNotPay can help you connect with a relative or friend held in the facility through letters and visitations.
Iowa Medical Classification Center Contact Information
The Iowa Medical Classification Center is located in Johnson County in Coralville, Iowa. More specifically, it is situated in the village of Oakdale, from which it has acquired the "Oakdale prison" moniker. You can contact the institution through:
|Physical Address||Iowa Medical and Classification Center
2700 Coral Ridge Ave
Coralville, IA 52241
How to Contact Inmates at Iowa Medical Classification Center
Although the facility allows for visitation, this permission is only afforded to inmates that have gone through reception. The general population and patients have visitation on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays from 10:30 am-8 pm.
Those incarcerated in the facility can receive incoming calls and make prepaid calls. However, you must be on the inmate's call list to receive calls from the inmate. The inmate submits your name and phone number to facilitate this. The calls between you and the inmate are recorded, and the Iowa Department of corrections charges a rate that goes towards programs that benefit the inmates.
Inmates at Iowa Medical and Classification Center can send and receive letters via the mail. Incoming and outgoing are subject to inspection and can be read by a third party. The only exception applies to confidential correspondence, mail from government officials, law enforcement, and legal mail. Such mail must have the word "confidential" written on the envelope. The inmate’s mailing address is as indicated below.
Inmate Name, ID Number
Iowa Medical and Classification Center
2700 Coral Ridge Ave
Coralville, IA 52241
You can also get in touch with a friend or loved one in the facility through O'mail, a service provided by CorrLinks at .25 cents for every mail they send. The system restricts messages to 13,000 characters, and the offender must have money in their account to respond to messages.
You can also send photos to an inmate at Iowa Medical and Classification Center, although they cannot be larger than "4x6" and cannot be of a sexual nature.
How to Send Money to Iowa Medical and Classification Center Inmates
You can send money to inmates in the facility by any of these methods.
Send Funds Through the Mail
This is the cheapest way to send funds, although it will take time before the money gets to the inmate owing to its slow nature. You can send money to IMCC using a money order and send it to:
IDOC Offender Fiduciary Account
1550 L Street, Suite B
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
You must include the inmate's full name, their ID number, and your complete name and address.
Sending Funds via the Internet
You can directly send money into an inmate's account through JPAY, Access Corrections, and Western Union. The funds will be credited within one business day.
Send Money by Phone
You can deposit money in an inmate's bank account through Access Corrections by calling 1-866-345-1884, and the funds will be credited within one business day.
You can deposit money by visiting a MoneyGram location and pay through cash or credit card. You could also visit Western Union and fill out the details.
How to Send Packages to the Iowa Medical and Classification Center
You are not allowed to mail postage to an inmate due to security reasons. You can, however, send care packages of food and such items through the offender care package program, although this is only available during the holidays.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting a Loved One at Iowa Medical and Classification Center
Contacting a loved one at Iowa Medical and Classification Center can be difficult. This is especially the case for those in reception as they are not allowed to have a visitor. The reception process involves gathering information about the inmates and orienting them to their environs. It usually takes between 4 and 6 weeks, a long period to stay without seeing a loved one.
You might also not be able to receive a phone call from your loved one if they have not placed you on their contact list, while mail is slow and unreliable for urgent communication. DoNotPay is here to help if you face any of these problems, and we can enable you to write to an inmate or have them as a pen pal.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
We can help you connect with your loved one who is serving time. All you have to do is follow the easy steps below.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Why Use DoNotPay to Connect With an Inmate at Iowa Medical Classification Center
The reason why DoNotPay has been successful with its continued inmate service is due to to the fact that its:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to navigate the outdated government website for information.
- Easy—No more writing out tiresome letters on paper, postage, or locating an inmate, DoNotPay will do it all for you online or in our app!
- Successful—You don't have to worry about whether or not your inmate will receive your mail. We’ll ensure your letter gets sent to the correct location, address, and without anything that would cause a denial.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Reconnecting you with a friend who is serving time at the Iowa Medical Classification Center is just one of the many things we do. We can also help you with:
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
Join us to enjoy our many product offerings. There is something for everyone!