How to Transfer Your Hyatt Points In 3 Steps
If you travel frequently, you understand the power of a good rewards program, but sometimes it seems like you're stuck using the points with the company that gave them to you. Your Hyatt points aren't limited to redemption for Hyatt stays. You can use them for airline miles, discounts on car rentals, and stays at other hotel chains.
If you're curious about all the ways you can use your Hyatt points by , DoNotPay can help.
How to Earn World of Hyatt Points
members typically earn five miles for every dollar spent. There are the five major earnings categories:
- Hyatt Hotels - 5 base points are earned per dollar, with bonus points available at select hotels
- Dining and Spa Services
- Small Luxury Hotels - As with Hyatt hotels, 5 base points are earned per dollar with bonus points available at select locations
- MGM Resorts
- Hosting Meetings and Events - This is the lowest earning category, with one point earned per dollar spent
Members can also earn 500 bonus points for each transaction with Avis car rentals.
Hyatt Credit Cards
You can earn points faster if you open a Hyatt credit card account. Hyatt offers two cards:
- World of Hyatt
- World of Hyatt Business
The World of Hyatt Business card has a $199 annual fee. Both cards get you bonus points on top of the five base points per dollar spent in several categories, including
- 4 bonus points per dollar on Hyatt stays
- 2 bonus points per dollar on local transit
- 2 bonus points per dollar when dining out
- 2 bonus points per dollar on flights booked directly with an airline
World of Hyatt Transfer Partners
World of Hyatt members can transfer their points to miles with over 25 airlines:
|Program||Conversion Ratio (Points > Miles)||Minimum Transfer||Transfer Time|
|World of Hyatt||5:2||5,000 (transfer in 1,250 point increments over this amount)||8 weeks|
World of Hyatt members can also get M Life rewards at Vegas hotels from MGM International without even transferring points. Your World of Hyatt membership level determines your M Life rewards tier:
- Member - M Life Sapphire
- Discoverist - M Life Pearl
- Explorist and Globalist - M Life Gold
How to Transfer Your World of Hyatt Points
To convert your points to miles, you can go to the Air and Auto section on the Rewards page, where you will see a button to do so. After logging into your Hyatt account, you will be sent to a conversion form where you can choose the airline you want to convert your points to. If you convert 50,000 points or more, you will get a 5,000-mile bonus.
Transferring is not limited to travel partners. World of Hyatt members can also transfer their points to other World of Hyatt member accounts. This can be done with Hyatt's Point Combining Request Form. Members do not need to have any relationship, but points can only be transferred or received once every 30 days.
Save Time and Transfer Your Hyatt Points With DoNotPay
If you don't want to waste your time hunting down the necessary links and forms to , let DoNotPay handle it for you.
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are also a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Use DoNotPay to Convert Other Travel Rewards
Transferring travel points gives you more flexibility to use them most efficiently for your circumstances. Whether it's Hyatt or another travel giant, DoNotPay can help you make the most of your points. We can let you know what options you have for transferring or selling miles and points with many different entities or companies.
|American Airlines||Southwest||Other Airlines||Hilton|
Be More Efficient with DoNotPay
You know there are better ways to take advantage of the resources available to you, but you may not have time to learn them all. Get the information you need quickly with DoNotPay. We can help you:
- Cut Hold Time with Customer Service
- Schedule Appointments With the DMV
- Cancel Any Service or Subscription
- Create a Power of Attorney
- Apply for Scholarships
- and more
Try DoNotPay today and see how much time you could save!