Get a Copy of Your Howard County Marriage Certificate Effortlessly
Whether you're applying for a passport, opening a bank account, or arranging for your property to be willed to a spouse, you'll need a copy of your . You received one when you were first married, but do you know where it is?
If you can't find it, you'll need to request a new copy—and it's better to do that immediately, before you need it, rather than having to scramble at the last minute to get one.
Getting a copy of your marriage certificate document is typically pretty straightforward, but it will require you to research and follow the county's process, which may include a trip to the clerk's office to get your copy in person or to the post office to mail your request. It's a small hassle, but in your busy life, it's easy to keep putting it off until you realize you desperately need that copy to take care of another order of business.
Fortunately, you can simplify this process with DoNotPay. Simply apply for your marriage certificate online to save time and reduce your stress level.
Do I Need a Howard County Marriage License or a Marriage Certificate?
Both. Marriage licenses are required before you get married—it's essentially your legal permission to marry. After you're married, the marriage certificate proves your marriage.
You'll need that to change your name on your passport, driver's license, social security card, and more. In Maryland, the marriage license must come from the county in which you intend to get married. Then you will get your marriage certificate from that same county.
How Much Does a Howard County Marriage Certificate Cost?
In Howard County, Maryland, a certified copy of your marriage certificate costs $5.50. Checks and money orders should be made payable to "Clerk, Circuit Court for Howard County".
What Information Do I Need to Provide to Get a Copy of My Marriage Certificate in Howard County?
When you make your marriage certificate request, you'll need to include the following:
- Names of both spouses, including maiden names, if applicable
- Date of marriage
- Marriage license number (if known)
- Check or money order made out to the Clerk, Circuit Court for Howard County.
You can use the county's Application for Certified Copy form for your convenience.
How to Obtain a Marriage Certificate Copy in Howard County by Yourself
You can make your request in person or by mail. In both cases, you can fill out the Application for Certified Copy form to ensure you've included all required information.
|In-Person||9250 Judicial Way Suite 1900 Ellicott City, MD 21043|
|By Mail||Clerk of the Court Circuit Court for Howard County 9250 Judicial Way Ellicott City, MD 21043|
If you no longer live in Howard County, you’ll need to mail your application. Unfortunately, this is time-consuming and subject to potential mistakes within the postal service that could delay your request. You also have to print out the application, obtain a money order if you're no longer using checks, and maybe even take a trip to the post office.
DoNotPay can save you time and hassle by helping you order your marriage certificate online. It's fast and easy, and you can do it at any time of the day or night, at your convenience.
Use DoNotPay to Get a Copy of Your Howard County Marriage Certificate
Instead of printing the form and completing it by hand, or taking time away from your busy day to visit the clerk's office or the post office during business hours, simply apply for a via DoNotPay. We submit the request on your behalf and ensure you've included all required information to help you save time and trouble.
If you want to Order/, but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay makes it fast and easy to get your marriage certificate, no matter where you live or what you need it for. That's just one of many tasks we can help you complete.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Life is full of complex legal and financial challenges, but you don't have to figure out how to manage them on your own. At DoNotPay, our robot lawyers guide you through all sorts of issues, from filling out your marriage certificate and getting a copy of your to filing a complaint against a company.
Take a closer look at what else we can do for you:
- Get a copy of your birth certificate
- Get a hotel upgrade on your honeymoon
- Apply to participate in clinical trials
- Get compensated for a delayed or canceled flight
- Understands your rights as an egg donor
- Get help paying your bills
- Close a bank account
- Get permission to travel with a child
- Get passport photos
- Enjoy free trials without being charged
DoNotPay can also assist you with:
- Help You Deal with Identity Theft
- Providing Copywrite Protection
- Cancel Unwanted Subscriptions
- Help You Recover Account Passwords
- Delete Unwanted Accounts
Don't try to figure out how to do all of this alone. There's an easier way. Get started with DoNotPay.