How to Quickly Connect With Inmates Located at Great Meadow Correctional Facility
The Great Meadow Correctional Facility (also known as Comstock Correctional Facility) is located in Comstock, New York, and serves Washington County. It's a maximum-security men's prison, enclosed by a wall that spans over 21 acres of land. Despite this intimidating structure, Great Meadow Correctional Facility offers many counseling services and educational programs for its inmates.
There are also a lot of opportunities for inmate visitation, and you can even have prisoner pen pals inside this facility. While writing letters to inmates is highly encouraged, many people don't know how to send mail to their loved ones. Make your connections faster with DoNotPay.
Great Meadow Correctional Facility Contact Information
The Great Meadow Correctional Facility was one of the first men's prisons in the state, constructed in 1911. Correctional facilities are usually named after their city locations, so no one knows how this one got its name.
To find a prisoner at this facility, here are your contact options:
|Physical Address||Great Meadow Correctional Facility
11739 State Route 22
Comstock, New York 12821
|Inmate Mailing Address||Inmate Name, DOC Number
Great Meadow Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 51
Comstock, New York 12821-0051
|Phone Number||(518) 639-5516|
How to Reach a Loved One at Great Meadow Correctional Facility
The Great Meadow Correctional Facility lets you send money and personal letters to inmates, as well as visit them. However, if you don't follow the rules closely, your visitation rights could be revoked. Every correctional facility also has its own rules about what can be mailed to its prisoners.
When Can I Visit an Inmate?
From 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., you can visit most inmates on any day of the week. Weekend visits are rotated based on the alphabetical order of the prisoners' last names. It's recommended that you call ahead to see where your loved one is placed on the rotation schedule.
Special Housing Unit (SHU) inmates can only have one visitation per week, with two-weekend visits each month. Up to three visitors and one child (a minor five years old or below) can visit the inmate, depending on the day.
Can I Call an Inmate?
You can't directly call a Great Meadows Correctional Facility inmate, but you can accept an outgoing call from an inmate. In order to receive those calls, you need to make a Securus account online first.
What Can I Send in the Mail?
Direct mail is greatly appreciated by inmates: it's often the only way that they can get exposure to the outside world. Here are the types of acceptable content for packages and envelopes:
- A personal letter–This letter can be up to five pages long and include photographs.
- Money to an inmate through JPAY or MoneyGram.
- Food items. Keep in mind that inmates at Great Meadow can only receive two food packages per calendar year.
- Tobacco products
- Recreational items, like board games or tennis balls
- Educational and creative supplies
- Bed linens
- Religious attire
Is There Anything I Cannot Send to an Inmate?
A letter or package may be returned or destroyed if it contains:
- Clothing of certain colors and materials
- Food utensils made from anything other than plastic
- Hemp oil
- Skin tanners
- Any glass containers
- Nude photographs
With so many restrictions on packages, a letter seems like your best option. However, your letter can still be thrown away if it contains a postage stamp or a Polaroid. DoNotPay is the safer and most effective way of sending letters to an inmate.
Connect With Any Prisoner Using DoNotPay
Our Connect With an Inmate product is a simple way to reach anyone serving time in the Great Meadow Correctional Facility. You can locate your incarcerated friends, send letters, and even set up a virtual mailbox. Even if you don't know where to start, anyone can follow these five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Does DoNotPay Do?
We love helping you write letters to Great Meadow Correctional Facility inmates, but that's not our only service. DoNotPay specializes in all of life's common problems, including:
- Finding a clinical trial near you
- Settling parking ticket disputes
- Getting any unwanted subscription canceled
- Credit card management
- Contesting an unfair traffic ticket
- Paying your bills
- Dealing with speeding tickets
- The process of chargebacks or refunds
- Getting unclaimed money
- Filing for compensation concerning robocall damages
- Getting through hold lines quickly
- Making DMV appointments
- Handling copyright infringement violations
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Signing up for free trials with no unnecessary charges
- Getting compensation for canceled flights
- Suing anyone or their company
- Permanently unsubscribing from email spam
- Protecting your privacy with a burner phone
- Text spam protection
- Any other issues you might encounter when trying to connect with an inmate!