How Can DoNotPay Help You Participate in Great Lakes Clinical Trials?
Great Lakes Clinical Trials is a clinical research company based in Chicago, IL. Its primary goal is to provide the healthcare industry with reliable clinical research services and data.
The organization has experience in conducting trials in general medicine, psychiatry, neurology, and pain disorders.
If you’re interested in clinical trials hosted by Great Lakes and want to participate, your best bet would be to use DoNotPay’s comprehensive search engine. We help our users find clinical trials and medical surveys relevant to their interests.
What Are Clinical Trials?
As the name would suggest, clinical trials are experiments done in a clinical setting. To be more precise, the National Institutes of Health defines clinical trials as research involving one or more test subjects who are provided with new treatment options to evaluate their safety and efficacy”.
Clinical trials often require healthy participants, but this is not a strict rule. Medical device clinical trials feature testing and observation that involve patients who would be the target group for the tested treatment.
The Purpose of Clinical Trials at Great Lake
Great Lakes Clinical Trials performs studies in multiple medical fields. While they occasionally test food products and supplements, most of their research is based on the treatment of chronic diseases. The center focuses on research related to:
- Memory disorders
- Mental health
- Pain management
Why You Should Consider Participating in Great Lakes Clinical Trials
There are various reasons why people decide to participate in clinical trials:
- Early access to new treatments—You could potentially get a more effective treatment for your condition. Even if the new treatment works, it could take years before it’s widely available
- Contributing to medical research—If you value scientific progress, you will be glad to know that you helped develop something possibly groundbreaking in the field. Without volunteers, there would be no improvement in medicine
- Free and frequent physical exams—Your health will be carefully monitored during frequent check-ups by a team of specialists who have studied your condition thoroughly. You can be sure you’re in the right hands, even when it comes to rare illnesses. If you need help paying for your medical bills, clinical trials could be the right choice for you
- Helping others—Many people might be suffering from an illness that needs more research. You could help others get better treatment or even a cure in the future
- Fighting for goals that are important to you—If you or a loved one suffer from a specific condition, joining a clinical trial related to that illness could help the research get more traction. This can result in more findings and faster progress in cure development for a cause that’s important to you
- Compensation—Many studies offer some form of compensation for your participation. Any travel costs are usually refunded as well. Most importantly, you get free health care for your condition, which could cost you a fortune otherwise
Participating in Great Lakes Clinical Trials research does come with compensation, but the amount varies depending on the type of study. You can also get free transportation for some of their trials.
How To Use DoNotPay To Find the Best Clinical Trials
Searching for trials online can only get you so far. Using DoNotPay’s search platform allows you to quickly find research surveys, clinical trials, and university psych studies that best suit your needs.
Our easy-to-use platform lets you sort studies based on your individual preferences, estimated compensation, distance, and safety. You can find matching studies regardless of your age or gender and even enroll in paid clinical studies for healthy volunteers. Here are the steps you have to follow to find the right trial for you:
- Open the app in your web browser
- Find the Clinical Trials feature and click on it
- Click Get Started
- Adjust the filters according to your wants and needs
- Find the Great Lakes clinical trial you like
- Hit Contact
DoNotPay will then send an email to recruiters on your behalf and increase your chances of getting selected. You should get a response from the researchers within a few days. With DoNotPay, you can avoid risky Phase I studies and be among the first to enroll in trials near you, thanks to real-time notifications. The best thing is you get to keep 100% of the compensation you receive—DoNotPay doesn’t take any cuts or fees!
How To Sign Up for Great Lakes Clinical Trials by Yourself
If you wish to participate in the Great Lakes clinical trials, you can use many clinical trial search engines available online, or you can sign up on the company’s website.
Signing Up for a Clinical Study via the Great Lakes Clinical Trials Website
To sign up for a clinical trial on the GLCT website, you should:
- Visit this page
- Navigate to the Studies tab
- Choose a category of study on the left side of the page
- Click on a study that interests you
- Click on Sign Up at the bottom of the next page
- Fill out the form with your personal information and press Submit
You will be contacted by Great Lakes Clinical Trials when they process your request.
Signing Up for a Clinical Study Using Online Resources
There are plenty of websites offering clinical study search engines. You can use them to find the most appropriate clinical trials. Here’s an overview of the most popular search engines offered by clinical research institutions:
|National Cancer Institute||One of the largest databases of cancer-related clinical trials|
|National Institutes of Health (NIH)||A database of clinical studies that includes privately and publicly funded trials from around the world|
|EmergingMed Clinical Trial Navigator Service||An app that includes results from the NIH database, as well as information that is reported directly by sponsor research centers|
Important Concerns You Should Think About
Participating in a study is noble and carries a lot of benefits, but it is not without risks. Here are some concerns you should bear in mind before you decide to sign up for a trial:
- The treatment may not be effective. Clinical trials are all about testing new treatments and medications, which means there’s no guarantee you’ll benefit from them
- Studies are time-consuming. Some trials require frequent check-ups, which could inconvenience you
- Side effects can be significant. All treatments are evaluated thoroughly before they’re approved for human trials, but there is no way to be sure about all possible side effects. Initial clinical trial phases are associated with more risk, as the treatment or medication hasn’t yet been tested on many human subjects. You could experience unpleasant or even serious complications as the result of the treatment
- You might be placed in the control group. A good study needs a control group that doesn’t get the new treatment for a clearer comparison to the old ones. You could be randomly selected for the control group and be given a placebo or standard treatment
The Great Lakes recruitment staff must explain all procedures, risks, and benefits to you in detail before you sign the informed consent form. Do not hesitate to ask about anything unclear and take some time to think your decision through.
Is That All DoNotPay Can Do for Me?
DoNotPay can help you join a variety of clinical trials. If you need to find clinical trials in Los Angeles or Austin, our app’s database has you covered. Prospective participants find it difficult to locate specific medical research options, like clinical trials for colon cancer or immunotherapy. Use DoNotPay and you’ll be able to narrow down your search and find the exact trial you need.
We can show you how to more easily manage your utility bills if you have a disability or medical bills if you’re a cancer patient. You can also ask for our help if you’re struggling to cover your dental bills.
Open the app in your web browser and check out this list of everyday tasks we can help you with:
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds from companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for other clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment