How to Connect with a Loved One at Garza West
Garza West Unit, informally called Garza West, is a Transfer Facility operated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice's Correctional Institutions Division. Originally opened in 1994 as the Chase Field West Unit, it is located in the Chase Field Industrial Complex, along with the Garza East Unit. The Garza units were named after Beeville city council member Raul "Rudy" Garza, Sr., who worked at the complex for several years.
As a Transfer Facility, Garza West temporarily holds up to 2,278 male inmates convicted of felonies and state jail felonies and can hold them for no longer than two years. If you are trying to connect with a loved one who is at , DoNotPay can help.
Garza Unit West: Location and Contact Information
The is located four miles east of Highway 181 South on Highway 202 in Bee County.
To reach the authorities at Garza West, you can use the following contact information:
|Garza West Unit
|4250 Highway 202
Beeville, TX 78102
|(361) 358-9890 (**095)
How to Send Mail to Inmates at Garza West Unit
The Texas Department of Justice encourages sending packages or writing letters to inmates, but it is important to follow all policies and guidelines.
If you are sending mail or packages to prisoners, here are some of the most important things to remember.
- You must address an inmate's mail with their full legal name, TDCJ number and the unit address. The Garza West Unit address is listed above.
- Under no circumstances should you send letters to different loved ones in the same envelope, even if they are in the same unit.
- Do not send unauthorized materials or contraband, because your package will be rejected.
- Sending published materials-including newspapers, magazines, books, etc., is allowed, but they are still subject to review or rejection. They must also be shipped by the publisher, supplier, or bookstore.
How to Visit an Inmate at Garza West Unit
Inmate visitation policies are outlined by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, therefore they are fairly standard across the state. However, policies and visitation schedules may vary by institution and are always subject to change. Stay informed by contacting the visitation hotline with questions or concerns.
- Confirm that your loved one is located at Garza West, and that they currently have visitation privileges.
- Inmate Information Search
- Call Garza West for confirmation
- Confirm Garza West's visitation schedule.
- Unit Visitation Schedule
- Verify that visitation has not been canceled at Garza West by visiting www.tdcj.texas.gov
- Verify that you are an approved visitor for your loved one. You can confirm this with Garza West when you call to confirm the inmate's visitation privileges.
- Bring an approved form of ID. (State or federal IDs with an address are recommended)
- Be prepared to follow the guidelines.
- If you require a special visit, or accommodation, it must be arranged ahead of time with the facility.
- Special visits include: traveling 250 miles or more; prospective employers who are not on the inmate's visitor's list, or visits to inmates who are critically ill/hospice/ palliative care.
- Accommodations may include assistive listening devices, etc.
- Spiritual visits must also be coordinated ahead of time through the warden's office.
- Always call ahead to verify that the special visit and/or accommodations are still in place before arriving.
- Inmates are allowed one visit per weekend. It is important that you, the inmate and other approved visitors coordinate your visits so that visitors do not end up denied, and your loved one has the opportunity to visit everyone they wish to see.
If you find out that you are removed from your loved one's approved Visitor's List, you may submit a written appeal within 14 days of removal to the following address: Director's Review Committee (DRC), P.O. Box 99, Huntsville, TX 77342
DoNotPay Can Help You Connect with an Inmate at Garza West Unit
It can be stressful to locate and connect with an incarcerated loved one, especially if you don't know their transfer status, understand visitation policies, live too far away, or are worried about breaking policies and getting them in trouble. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you connect with a loved one at .
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
The entire process is simple and straightforward, and helps you connect with a loved one quickly, easily and successfully!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can not only help you or any other correctional facility across the country, but we provide a variety of other helpful services as well. At DoNotPay we can:
- Negotiate Your Bills
- Secure refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Find and claim funds under your name
- Contest parking tickets on your behalf
- Help you sue individuals or businesses in small claims court
- and so much more!
No matter what questions you have, DoNotPay has answers!