Free People Returns—All the Details You Need To Know
Buying clothes online can be a two-edged sword. People end up with the wrong sizes and fits easily.
If it turns out that your new Free People piece doesn’t suit you, we can help. DoNotPay offers a user-friendly guide to Free People returns. If you want to make the return process even simpler, DoNotPay is here to help.
If the item you bought from Free People doesn’t fit, don’t wear it or wash it. Clothes that have been washed or worn will not be accepted for returns. All returned items also need to have their original tickets attached to be accepted back.
Articles bought online can be returned both to the stores and via online-initiated mail return. In-store purchases will be accepted back in stores only.
Some exceptions to the general Free People return policy rules are:
- Free People Additions can’t be returned in person to Free People locations or their warehouses via an online-arranged return. You must address these returns directly to the third-party seller. Use the return label included in your package. Note that in the case of Free People Additions, you can only get a refund and not an exchange
- Swimwear and Intimates cannot be accepted back if they’re not returned with tags, sanitary strips, or the original packaging
- Beauty and Wellness products can only be returned if they haven’t been opened or used. You can start the return process on the website and send the item back via mail. In case you wish to do it in person, you’ll need to find the store that sells these types of products
- Vintage Love and Vintage Revival items cannot be returned or exchanged
Depending on how you’ve purchased your items, you can choose one of these methods:
|Can You Initiate a Return Via||Yes/No|
The majority of Free People items can be returned to one of their stores.
You can find the nearest shop by entering your address into the Store Locator on the company’s website.
If you have bought a product from Free People online, you can also use their website to start the return process. This means you will be required to send the item back by mail. Here are all the steps:
- Click on Start A Return and fill out the form (Another way is to click on My Account and select Order History)
- Find the Order Details page
- Choose Start A Return Or Exchange
- Look for the items you want to return or exchange
- Print the label that the system creates for you
- Pack up your items
- Check your email inbox for the return tracking number
- Take your package to any USPS facility or schedule a pickup on their website
When Free People finish processing your return, you will receive a Return Notification email.
Note that this return method isn’t available for in-store purchases.
Here’s what you should know about exchanges and refunds issued by Free People:
- You will get a full refund to your original form of payment if your item reaches the company within 30 days from purchase. It doesn’t matter whether you send it via mail or bring it in person
- You will receive store credit if your item reaches Free People after 30 days from the purchase date
- Free people will accept your exchange order if you initiate it within 30 days from in-store purchase/delivery. If you request it after 30 days, you will be given in-store credit
- They will allow product exchange if you mail the item back within seven days of initiating the exchange process
- In case the item you requested is unavailable, the company will issue a refund to your original form of payment
Free People return processing can last between a week and a week and a half. Once the process is completed, you will get a Return Notification email. The company states that it shouldn’t take more than one to three business days between this email and the payout.
Bear in mind that there are a lot of customer complaints online about the company’s lack of responsiveness regarding return requests.
You can avoid weeks-long waiting if you subscribe to DoNotPay.
You don’t have to waste your time filling out forms and waiting for a response. Filing a Free People return request can be much easier with DoNotPay. Here’s how to use our app:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account using any web browser
- Find the Item Return Request
- Provide our chatbot with a few answers about your purchase
- Click Submit to send the request
With the info you shared, DoNotPay will create an original return request and send it to Free People. You can also include a deadline for them and speed along the process.
Our app will allow you to choose between a refund and an exchange and let the seller know what you expect.
Free People is only one on the long list of companies whose return policies we have studied. We can also help you navigate and speed up the returns to the following merchants:
The world’s first robot lawyer can help you get your hard-earned money back in several ways. Are you dissatisfied with a product or service you paid for and want to request a refund? Do you want to request a late delivery refund? No problem—DoNotPay will do that in your stead! Do you think that you may have missing money and want to claim it? We can assist you in finding it!
No matter the issue, DoNotPay is your shortcut through bureaucratic hurdles. Our AI-driven app can help you dispute your parking tickets, get refunds and compensation from airlines, cancel any subscription service in a flash, and so much more!
Being your personal AI-powered assistant, DoNotPay can help you get rid of:
Are you sick and tired of big companies not taking their customers seriously? Our app will lend you a helping hand in the process of suing them in small claims court.
Do you want to skip waiting in lines at the DMV, jump the phone queue when reaching customer service, get help with paying your bills, or get copyright protection for your work? Sign up for DoNotPay to complete these tasks and so much more!