Connect With an Inmate at Fishkill Correctional Facility
is a multi-security, state prison located in Beacon, New York, in Dutchess County. The male prison is in both the town of Fishkill and the city of Beacon. It was established in 1892 as the Matteawan State Hospital for the Criminally Insane and was converted into a prison in 1977.
The Fishkill correctional facility can house up to 1,800 inmates. The facility provides various vocational programs and participates in the Correctional industries program.
While the facility makes great strides in rehabilitating programs, it has a restrictive visiting schedule. DoNotPay can help you locate and initiate contact with an inmate at this facility. External contact with friends and family keeps inmates grounded and accelerates their programs.
Where is Fishkill Correctional Facility Located?
is in Beacon, Dutchess County, New York. It doubles as the regional medical unit for inmates in the southern New York prisons. It houses the Fishkill Specialty Steel Division, an arm of the DCCS Corcraft industry that provides inmates with invaluable welding and metal fabrication training.
The facility offers specialized rehabilitation programs to inmates, including Veteran Services, Trauma, Sex Offender Treatment, Alcohol and Substance Abuse Treatment, and more.
The Fishkill prison is located on 18 Strack Drive, Beacon, NY, 12508-0307 and is readily accessible by bus, taxi, and car.
|18 Strack Drive, Beacon, NY, 12508-0307
|doccs.ny.gov › location › fishkill-correctional-facility
|State Prison - Adult
How to Contact Inmates at Fishkill Correctional Facility
The Fishkill Correctional Facility is committed to rehabilitating inmates and encouraging them to interact with the outside world.
Visiting an Inmate at Fishkill Correctional Facility
The Fishkill Correctional Facility follows a stringent visitation schedule and limits visitations to weekends and holidays. Weekend visitations are determined by the last digit of an inmate's DOC number. Inmates with even and odd numbers receive visitors on different days but the rule is lifted during national holidays.
The visitation days and times at the Fishkill Correctional facility are pegged on the inmate's unit.
- General Population Inmates: Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays: 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
- Regional Medical Unit Inmates: Saturday, Sunday, and Holidays: 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM
- Special Housing Unit inmates :
- PIMS Level 1,2, and 3: Saturday - 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM
- PIMS Level 3: Sunday – 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Inmates at the Fishkill are allowed one visit per day and a maximum of one visit a week. Only three adults and one child under five years are allowed per visit. Extra visitors can be allowed under special circumstances but arrangements must be made well in advance.
How to Write an Inmate at Fishkill Correctional Facility
While written correspondence with inmates is encouraged, the Fishkill correctional facility has strict mail guidelines. You may not send polaroid photos, nude photographs, letters from other adults, and postage stamps.
A letter shouldn't be more than five pages long and should not include glued, taped, or pasted clippings.
Fishkill Correctional Mailing address and format:
Inmate Name, DOC #
Fishkill Correctional Facility
271 Matteawan Road
P.O. Box 1245
Beacon, New York 12508
How to Send Money to an Inmate at Fishkill Correctional Facility
Fishkill allows you to fund an inmate's commissary account when visiting the facility. You can leave money orders, cash, and check in the visitor deposit lockbox, but the amount is capped at $50 per visit.
Creating a JPay account allows you to fund an inmate's commissary account using a debit or credit card.
You can send money orders to an inmate at Fishkill Correctional facility through Western Union and U.S. Postal Services. Ensure that the money order includes the inmate's official name and DOC number. Post office money orders are preferable since they're not subject to a 15-day hold.
Receiving Calls from an Inmate at Fishkill Correctional Facility
Securus Technology is the official telephone service provider for the New York State Department of Corrections. You need a Securus account to receive calls from an inmate in Fishkill prison. According to the NY Department of Corrections and Community Supervision website, calls from inmates at Fishkill Correctional facility are charged $0.86 per minute
Securus offers three types of billing options for Fishkill inmates:
- Collect calls: Inmates can make collect calls to friends and family, subject to approval from the local phone company. The cost of the call is added to your monthly phone bill.
- Direct billed account: The Securus Correctional Billing Services allows you to create an account where an inmate's collect calls are billed. You must pass a credit check to create a Direct-billed account.
- An AdvanceConnect account: Call recipients get to create and fund a prepaid Securus account. You determine how much money you want to spend on collect calls. You can fund the account by mailing a check to Securus, credit card, MoneyGram, or over the phone.
You must create a new account with Securus to receive calls from an inmate in Fishkill prison.
Challenges When Contacting Loved Ones at Fishkill Correctional Facility
Connecting with a loved one in this facility can prove challenging due to its narrow visiting window. You can only visit an inmate during the weekend, and the visiting hours are timed to avoid overcrowding. An inmate is only allowed one visit per week and only three adult visitors at a time.
Mailing a loved one in this prison is an option, but the mailing process can prove difficult for the uninitiated. You must upload the inmate's DOC numbers, read through state mailing guidelines, and then physically mail the letter. simplifies the entire process with a few clicks of a button.
New York has some of the highest prison rates in the country, which makes receiving collect calls from an inmate an expensive affair.
Connecting With An Inmate Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay provides three unique services to help you keep in touch with a loved one when they're behind bars. Our service also makes it easy for prison pen pals to write to each other.
- Locate an inmate. Since DoNotPay has access to the country's prison database, we can help you search for an inmate in any of the state, federal, and ICE detention centers. You only need the inmate's name and the state where they're incarcerated.
- Mail an inmate. Physical letters are a dying art, but they mean the world to an inmate behind bars. DoNotPay simplifies mailing an inmate at the Fishkill correctional facility by digitizing the process. We reduce the entire process to a few clicks of a button.
- With a , you simply type the letter, and we'll print it out, address it, and mail it to an inmate in any of the country's correctional facilities. Mailing an inmate is as easy as sending an email to a friend.
- Receive letters from inmates. You can now communicate with inmates without worrying about revealing your mailing or home address. DoNotPay provides you with a virtual mailbox to handle correspondence. Once an inmate mails you a letter, it comes to our mailing address, where we'll scan it and upload it to your virtual mailing address.
Locating an Inmate With DoNotPay
DoNotPay has simplified locating inmates in the state and federal prisons into five easy steps.
1. Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
2. Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
3. If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
4. If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
5. If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay understands the challenges that people experience when communicating with their loved ones behind bars. We're gone the extra mile to make the process easy and seamless. We can help you:
- Write to a prisoner
- Become prison pen pals with an inmate
- Learn about inmate visitation
- Learn how to address a letter to an inmate
- Write letters to inmates