The Fastest Way to get a Myrtle Beach Fishing License
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina has a reputation as an outstanding vacation destination. The beach is a fantastic place to party, socialize, and relax during spring break and summer months. It's also home to some stellar saltwater fishing. If you need a , you're in the right place!
If you're wondering, "Do you need a fishing license to fish at Myrtle Beach?" The answer is YES! Everyone older than age 16 must be properly licensed and must carry that license on their person while fishing off the beach or pier (Charter boat fishing is exempt).
The DoNotPay App is the fastest, easiest way to get your . But it's more than just a fishing license app. You can do all kinds of legal paperwork with DoNotPay.
This article explains four key points:
- How to get a fishing license for Myrtle Beach using the DoNotPay App (it's the fastest and easiest way)
- Other ways to get a Myrtle Beach fishing permit
- Fees you should expect to pay
- And a few other services DoNotPay can handle for you
But right now, you're interested in finding fishing licenses for Myrtle Beach online. Let's not waste any time.
How to Get a Fishing License for Myrtle Beach Online
If you want to get a Myrtle Beach fishing license, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search "fishing license" on DoNotPay and select the state you would like a fishing license for.
- Indicate whether you are a resident or non-resident, and choose the type of license you want. For example, saltwater vs. freshwater license, three-day only pass, and more.
- Provide your contact information, a copy of your government-issued ID, and pay the fee required by the state.
Wow, that was too easy! You don't need to stand in line at a bait store or share your personal information with a stranger. DoNotPay can handle it for you.
Next, let's talk about ways you can get a Myrtle Beach fishing permit by yourself.
Other Ways to Get a Myrtle Beach Fishing License
DoNotPay isn't the only way to get a saltwater fishing license, but it's the fastest.
You Can Get a Myrtle Beach Fishing License on the Pier
If you want to stand around in line for hours and share your personal information with a total stranger, you can do that. Myrtle Beach fishing licenses are available at The Tackle Shop on the pier.
The one major advantage of this method is that you can rent fishing equipment there, too. So if you're a novice angler looking for one day of fun, it's not a bad deal. You'll be using public equipment, rods and reels that thousands of other people use. Just be warned, you'll need to wait until the shop opens, and the line might be long. Some people are a bit put off by that notion.
But it's the waiting in line that bothers most people. If you're hoping to get in many hours of fishing on your rare day off, DoNotPay is definitely the better method.
You Can Get SC Fishing Licenses at Sporting Goods Stores
Any local bait and tackle store can provide you with a saltwater fishing license for Myrtle Beach. That's not really helpful at 4 am when you want to go fishing but need to wait for the store to open.
You can also deal with the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources (SCDNR).
Get Fishing Permits from SCDNR
Whether you're a resident or non-resident, you can get a Myrtle Beach fishing permit directly from the state. In SC, you will need your Social Security Number or alien identification number to do so. You'll also need to pay the required fees (more on that in a moment.)
Now that you where to get a fishing license, let's talk about the fees.
What does a Myrtle Beach Fishing License Cost?
Prices for permits in SC depend on your residency, age, and the length of the license. Here we'll list some of the most common costs associated with Myrtle Beach saltwater fishing permits.
SC Fishing License Fees for Non-Residents
Non-residents can expect to pay:
- $75 for an annual saltwater fishing license, it is good for one year after the date of purchase
- $35 for a seven-day saltwater tag
- $10 for a one-day tag
SC Fishing License Fees for Residents
Residents shall pay:
|$45||Three year saltwater permit|
|$15||Annual saltwater fishing license|
|$10||Fourteen day tag|
And remember, kids under 16 always get to fish for free!
Now that we've covered everything you need to know about fishing licenses at Myrtle Beach, let's talk about some other legal tasks you can accomplish using DoNotPay.
What Else Can You Do with DoNotPay?
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer!
You can use it for all sorts of legal legwork like:
- Searching for marriage certificates, birth certificates and death certificates
- Canceling timeshare contracts
- Monitoring recalls on vehicles, cribs and baby food
- Managing your monthly utility bills
- And getting rid of all that junk mail
In short, anytime you need help filling out legal paperwork, you should turn to the app first. It's so much more than a fishing license app. Try it today!