How to File Complaints Against Fastway Moving & Storage
Packing up and moving to a new city, state, or a whole new country, is exciting and stressful. It's also a lot of work and it can be overwhelming to handle everything on your own. That's why many people choose to hire a professional moving company to help.
Unfortunately, things don't always turn out as expected and disputes between moving companies and customers are common. Take, for example, a company called Fastway Moving & Storage which is located in New Jersey. If you've dealt with this mover before, you may have had a pleasant experience. Sadly, many customers have and the way they were treated.
If you hire Fastway and they're not taking care of you the way they should stand up for yourself. You can attempt to resolve the issue or file a complaint against them on your own or, you can leave it to DoNotPay to lend a hand.
Reasons to File a Complaint Against Fastway Moving & Storage
Hiring a moving company can be incredibly expensive, averaging around $1,800 for a move within 100 miles. In reality, you could shell out thousands for a cross-country move. When you agreed to the terms and conditions of your contract with Fastway Moving & Storage, you expected them to hold up their end. If they haven't, you may have a reason to file an official complaint.
- Missed Deadlines or Delayed Delivery
- Lost or Damaged Items
- Overcharging or Adding Charges
- Rude, Unprofessional, or Harassing Behavior
- Damage to Structures and Other Property During the Move
Does Fastway Have a History of Customer Complaints?
Like most companies, Fastway Moving & Storage has a few great reviews from apparently happy customers through Yelp. Some people say that their experience was the absolute best and they highly recommend using Fastway. But, dig a little deeper, and you find some very unhappy customers as well.
On average, the company doesn't seem to have a great reputation, receiving only 1.5 stars on both Google and Yelp. Reasons include:
- Lack of Communication
- Arriving hours or even days late
- Charging More After Loading the Truck
- Damaging Items and Property
- Losing Items (or entire loads)
How to Contact Fastway About Issues & Disputes
If you're having trouble with Fastway and you feel as though they're not responding appropriately, you may need to take further action. A fast, easy way to get attention from any company is to leave a review on a popular site like Google or Yelp! Of course, that's after you've already tried contacting the company representative that you've been dealing with directly.
If neither of these approaches works, you'll need to contact the corporate offices:
|Mailing Address||Fastway Moving & Storage
1425 NW 6th St,
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
|Phone Numbers||(888) 590-3278, (201) 319-6662,
The most effective way to do this is to send a certified letter via the US Postal Service. Simply create a letter that details the problem you're having, for example, damaged items, as well as your demands for compensation. Fastway will have 30 days to acknowledge your claim and up to 6 months to settle it.
- Craft a written claim that specifies exactly what took place, what the problem is, and your expectations for compensation.
- Take photos of any damage or evidence, provide copies of the original paperwork, inventory sheet, and any other pertinent information.
- Send the letter to Fastway via registered mail and wait for a resolution.
What to Do Before Filing an Official Complaint
If you are experiencing problems with Fastway Moving & Storage, and they aren't responding adequately, you can take action to remedy the situation by filing an official complaint to FMCSA. But, before you do, take a moment to collect yourself and make sure you have a valid reason for doing so:
- Make sure you read the contract and understand exactly what Fastway's liability is.
- Check to see if your homeowner's or renter's insurance covers damages.
- Gather evidence such as photographs, documents, witnesses.
- Contact Fastway as mentioned above.
- Determine what to do based on the company's response. (Will you settle, file an official complaint, or take it to small claims court?
File an Official Complaint Against Fastway Moving & Storage
If you have exhausted all your options when it comes to being nice about things, ramping up the pressure may help. Some government and oversight agencies where you can file an official complaint include:
- American Trucking Associations (ATA)
- Better Business Bureau (BBB)
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
Get Help With Fastway Moving & Storage Disputes From DoNotPay
When you hired Fastway for your move, you truly expected good, honest service. If you're not getting what you paid for and the company isn't willing to resolve the issue amicably, then you may need to take legal action. By suing the moving company, you may be able to recoup your losses and teach the company a lesson.
Here’s how to file a complaint against Fastway Moving & Storage using DoNotPay:
- Search for moving issues on DoNotPay.
- Start our Solve My Moving Issues product by telling us the name of the moving company you are having issues with.
- Answer some questions about your specific move, your moving company, and the complaint for which you’d like relief.
DoNotPay will write a letter to your moving company, detailing both your and your demands for compensation and relief and warn against a lawsuit if those demands aren't met. If you don't get a response within two weeks, we can help you escalate to small claims court!
Is Fastway Moving & Storage Still Giving You the Runaround? DoNotPay Can Help You, Sue, in Small Claims Court
If you've tried everything from calling and talking to a Fastway Moving & Storage employee to writing a certified letter and filing an official complaint, don't give up. DoNotPay can help you prepare a compelling small claims court case. It's simple and fast:
- Open DoNotPay in your browser.
- Learn How to File Suit in Small Claims Court
- Answer some questions about Fastway and the move.
- DoNotPay can help generate a demand letter and mail it for you.
- If need be it can also generate small claims forms, and court scripts for you to use in court.
What Else Is DoNotPay Capable Of?
Moving companies aren't the only ones that leave customers feeling angry and frustrated. Every business from airlines to retail outlets have their issues with customer service. If you've been wronged and you want compensation, rely on DoNotPay to help.
- Skip to the Front of Customer Service Lines
- Find Items You Thought You Lost for Good
- Flight Issues? Get Airline Compensation
Visit DoNotPay today to learn more about all of the ways it can benefit your life!