Connect With an Inmate at Estes Unit
The , also called the "Sandy" Estes Unit, is located in Venus, Texas. It's a privately operated prison through the Management & Training Corporation. The Texas Department of Criminal Justice owns the facility. It holds a male capacity of 1,040.
It opened originally in 1989 and houses both minimum and medium-security inmates. It provides a large array of programmatic opportunities to prepare offenders better for society re-entry.
Sanders Estates Unit Contact Information
is located in Johnson County on Hwy 1807, one mile southeast of Venus.
|Physical address||Sanders "Sandy" Estes Unit
1100 Hwy 1807
Venus, TX 76084
|Phone number||972-366-3334 (**670)|
|Website||Visit the website|
|Senior Warden||Robert Treon|
How to Contact Inmates at the Sanders Estes Correctional Unit
There are several ways to contact your loved one in the Sandy Estes Unit, including:
Visitation hours are typically conducted between 8 AM and 5 PM on Saturdays and Sundays. All visitor names must be approved. There's a limit to 10 visitors and all visitation needs to be scheduled in advance.
You can't call an inmate at the Estes Unit, but inmates are allowed to make paid phone calls to their family and friends through the Texas Department of Criminal Justice's Offender Telephone System (OTS). All calls need to meet the TDCJ Disciplinary Rules and Procedures for Offenders.
You must register your phone number before you can receive any phone calls from a TDCJ offender. You'll require the TDCJ ID number. If you don't know their number, you can do an online offender search to find it. Alternatively, you can call 800-535-0283 or 936-295-6371.
To register for phone calls from the offender, you must meet the requirements below:
1. Your driver's license name must match the name you have listed on your phone service listing or bill.
2. You're the registered owner of the phone accepting the calls from the inmate you registered for.
3. You're 18 years old or older.
4. You won't make three-way calls, forward calls, or use a speakerphone on calls you receive from the offender.
5. You agree the offender can't speak to other adults not listed on the approved calling list for them.
6. If you don't have a State ID or Texas Driver's license, you'll be expected to upload a photocopy or photo of your out-of-state license.
7. If you're using a cell phone, you'll be expected to upload a copy of your most recent phone bill, not a screenshot. It must be the actual copy of the phone bill you received from your phone company.
8. LifeLine cell phones ( government assistance) aren't allowed.
E-messaging enables families and friends to send the offenders electronic messages. You can learn about this service and set yourself up an account by clicking on this link.
Offenders' friends and families are encouraged to write frequently. When you send a letter to an offender, you'll need to include their:
- The unit address
- Their TDCJ number
The address to send your letters is:
Inmate Name/DOC Number
1100 Highway 1807
Venus, Texas 76084
How to Send Money to Inmates at Sanders Estes Unit
The common ways to send inmates money at Estes Unit include:
To use this service, you'll visit this website and enter the offender's name and number and confirm them. Then you can add your deposit amount to the cart and use a MasterCard, Visa, or Discover card to checkout. There's a service fee to do this.
Make any cashier's checks or money orders payable to "Inmate Trust Fund for Offender Name and Number".
To receive deposit slips, you can send a stamped, self-addressed envelope to this address:
Inmate Trust Fund
PO Box 60
Huntsville, TX 77342-0060,
Or you can get them from the offender.
Access Corrections — Secure Deposits
Instructions for this service include
1. Go to this website.
2. Dial 1-866-345-1884 (toll-free) if you require live bilingual agents. They are available 24/7.
3. There are many stores that accept cash walk-ins from 8 AM to 9 PM. Certain stores are available 24/7.
4. Call 1-844-340-2274 or visit this website to enroll, identify different locations, or grab a barcode if you're using a Dollar General Deposit.
5. Through a new barcode system, you can send money with cash or a debit card at Dollar General.
6. Visit this website to send money using a debit card or MasterCard to the offender or call 1-800-574-5729. There is a service fee.
How to Send Packages to Inmates at Estes Unit
You are not allowed to send the offender any items other than newspapers, magazines, or books. You aren't allowed to send any packages of any kind to offenders either.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Your Loved One at Sanders Estes Unit
You may encounter some difficulties when trying to contact your loved one at Estes Unit.
- You can't call the inmates. They must call you.
- All calls can only be made during specific hours.
- There's always the chance that the letters or mail you send might not reach your loved one.
- You can only visit them during specific hours.
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
Being able to communicate with your loved one at Sanders Estes Unit shouldn't be this difficult. Through DoNotPay's "Connect With An Inmate" product, sending letters is as simple as writing an email or sending a text. DoNotPay's newly encrypted database and integrated mailing technology allow you to send letters to any prison directly from our website or app. You can also receive inmate responses as well.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can not only help you connect with your loved one at Sanders Este Unit, but they also provide an array of other services, such as
- The ability to sue companies or individuals in small claims court
- Quickly and effectively schedule a DMV appointment
- Get a refund for a canceled or delayed flight
- Contest a parking ticket
- Deal with bills you can't pay
- Protect yourself from harassment and stalking
- Get in touch with your loved one in prison
As you can see, DoNotPay takes the challenges and difficulties out of contacting your loved one in . Communicating with your loved one is now easier than ever.