How to Obtain a Marriage Certificate in Escambia County, Pensacola, Florida
If you're planning on getting married or civilly joined shortly, you can get an from your smartphone. Having a marriage certificate is necessary when you wish to obtain certain financial benefits such as tax breaks, and various types of loans, among other things.
But before you can get a certificate of marriage, you must first obtain an Escambia County Marriage License. People living in the Pensacola-Ferry Pass-Brent Metropolitan Statistical Area typically get their marriage licenses from the Escambia County Clerk and Comptroller's office. Considering the possibly long wait at the clerk's office, use DoNotPay's Marriage Certificates product to help you save valuable time.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses in Escambia County
Before you start the documentation process of your wedding, it's good to know the difference between a marriage license and a marriage certificate. Surprisingly, a lot of people mistakenly use the two terms interchangeably. They're equally important, they serve two completely different objectives — one authorizes the marriage while the other proves it.
About Marriage Licenses
Most jurisdictions keep marriage licenses as public records. They're usually issued by a county clerk or someone holding a similar position. Marriage licenses permit two people to get married in the county where the wedding takes place.
About Marriage Certificates
Marriage certificates are considered vital records by the United States government. According to USA.gov, "Vital records consist of birth, death, marriage, and divorce certificates. State government vital records offices issue these documents. To get a copy of a vital record, contact the vital records office in the state where the event occurred." Generally, a marriage certificate provides the public with information such as the time and location a wedding took place, who got married, and their age, among other common things already considered public information.
- Witnesses are not required in the State of Florida.
- The marriage officiant is subsequently submitting your marriage certificate to the county clerk's office (likely located at the local city hall).
In Florida, the following people are permitted to conduct marriage ceremonies:
- Ordained ministers or elders in communion with some church
- A notary public of the State of Florida
- All judicial officers
- Clerks of the circuit court
How Long Does It Take To Get My Marriage License in Escambia County?
According to the Escambia County Clerk's Office website: “If both applicants are not a resident of the State of Florida, then no waiting period is required.” If either applicant is a resident of the State of Florida, then Florida does require a three-day waiting period from the date you apply for your license. If both applicants have taken a premarital preparation course within one year before applying for their marriage license, from a course provider registered with the Clerk of Courts in Florida the waiting period will then be waived."
How Can I Get a Copy of My Marriage Certificate in Escambia County In-Person?
You can get a copy of your marriage certificate at the Archives and Records Division.
|Not Provided by Escambia County, but you can use DoNotPay
P.O. Box 333
Pensacola, FL 32591
|120 E Blount Street
Pensacola, FL 32501
How to Obtain an Escambia County Marriage Certificate With DoNotPay
If you want to but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
And that’s only the beginning. Use DoNotPay to resolve the following marriage license/certificate issues:
- Get a copy of your marriage certificate
- Learn everything there is to know about marriage certificates
- Learn how to get your marriage certificate online
- Apply for a marriage certificate online
- Fill out a marriage certificate on your own
- Learn about marriage certificate documents
Get More Done With DoNotPay
After getting married to that special someone, use DoNotPay to help you enjoy your honeymoon. What started out as merely an AI-powered attorney has gradually morphed into something much greater. We offer Burner Card For Reservations to famous places like Impulse Lounge, find the best Credit Cards, get Hotel Upgrades, find Free Fast Food, and much more!
To take full advantage of all we have to offer, for DoNotPay now and start getting more in return.