How to Connect With Your Incarcerated Loved Ones at Eastham Unit
Do you have a loved one currently serving time in the Eastham Unit? If you have a family member or friend who is incarcerated, you are probably dealing with a lot of conflicting emotions - and regardless of the circumstances surrounding the incarceration, you probably still want to stay in contact with your loved one. Still, it can be hard to know the proper channels to follow to make that happen - and we have just the solution.
DoNotPay is the easy way to stay in touch with an inmate at Eastham Unit. DoNotPay can help you get the information that you need to locate an inmate, send a physical letter to someone in the Eastham Unit, or even receive mail from inmates.
Where is the Eastham Unit Located?
Eastham Unit is located in Houston County, Texas. Established in 1917, Eastham Unit was renamed J. Dale Wainwright Unit in June 2021. According to a press release from the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, the facility was one of three prison units that underwent a name change, with the Eastham Unit receiving its new name from the former Chairman of the Texas Board of Criminal Justice.
Located at 2665 Prison Road #1, Lovelady, TX 75851, J. Dale Wainwright Unit/Eastham Unit's senior warden is Donald Muniz. A facility occupied by entirely male inmates, the unit is just about 13 miles west of Trinity.
How to Contact Inmates at Eastham Unit
While the Texas Department of Criminal Justice allows friends and family members to contact incarcerated loved ones, there are some things that you need to know before reaching out to an inmate on your own.
- The phone number at Eastham Unit is (936) 636-7321 (**009). Inmates are allowed to contact family members by phone in two different ways - through the Inmate Telephone System, which are prepaid calls that they can make to people on the outside. Additionally, inmates in certain custodies may be allowed one 5-minute collect phone call every three months.
- You can send money or gifts to inmates at Eastham Unit, though the Texas Department of Criminal Justice discourages sending money to anyone that you don't know. If you choose to send items and gifts to your incarcerated friend, know that the packages might be sorted through by staff at the unit.
|Physical Address||Eastham Unit
2665 Prison Road #1
Lovelady, TX 75851
|Visiting Hours||Saturdays and Sundays||8 am - 5 pm|
|Inmate Mailing Address||Inmate Name, ID Number
2665 Prison Road #1
Lovelady, TX 75851
There are some specific protocols involved in making phone calls to inmates. Here are some of those details, according to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website:
- If you plan to receive calls from an inmate, you will need to register your phone number with the Texas prison system.
- For collect calls, the charges will be accepted when the inmate calls.
- Calls are limited to 30 minutes.
- All calls are subject to being monitored and recorded.
DoNotPay Makes it Easy to Contact Your Imprisoned Loved One
Contacting an inmate on your own can be a time-consuming process. When you have a busy schedule but still want to stay in touch with your incarcerated loved one, utilize DoNotPay. We make it easy to reach out to an inmate without the time commitment and hassle.
Here's how to use DoNotPay to connect with your incarcerated friend or family member:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
That's all there is to it! Just follow the five easy steps and you will have the information you need. Contacting your incarcerated loved one is easy when you use DoNotPay! When you go through DoNotPay, you can save a great deal of time. Our newly integrated mailing technology makes it smooth sailing to send letters to any prison - and if you need help finding out where someone is being held, DoNotPay can help with that as well.
Can DoNotPay Help Me With Other Connect With An Inmate Inquiries
DoNotPay is also here to help answer any questions relating to connecting with an inmate. Here are a few topics you may be interested in:
- Writing letters to inmates
- Everything to know about inmate visitation
- How to address a letter to an inmate
- How to write to a prisoner
- How to quickly find prison pen pals
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Staying in touch with friends or family members at Eastham Unit is easy when you utilize DoNotPay. Check out some of the ways that DoNotPay can simplify your life:
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay