File Complaints Against Destination Movers In 3 Steps
Destination Movers, otherwise known as Next Destination Moving, is a moving company with dozens of locations in nearly two dozen states. Unfortunately, people often use this company to move and find themselves wondering how to file .
If you find yourself in need of compensation after you were defrauded by Destination Movers, you're in the right place. In this guide, we will walk you through what steps you can take to get recourse on your own, and we'll advise you on how to use DoNotPay to get your desired results quickly and easily.
How to File Destination Movers Complaints
The exact steps you must follow to file on your own depending on the nature of the grievances for which you are seeking compensation. If you suspect that you have been defrauded by a moving company, you may be able to lodge an FMCSA complaint.
How to Lodge a Complaint With the FMCSA
To lodge a complaint with the FMCSA, you have two options:
- Call 1-888-368-7238 between 0800 hrs. and 2000 hrs. ET Monday through Friday.
- Fill out an online form.
What Type of Complaint You Can File With the FMCSA
There are many types of complaints you can file with the FMCSA, including:
|When the Contract is Breached||Look over the terms of your contract. Charges, quality service, and changes in a plan outside of this are legally actionable and a violation of your contract.|
|When the Company Policy is Violated||Sometimes, one moving person or driver is a bad apple. They might demand you pay cash or extra fees - outside the company policy.|
|When You've Been Lied to, Scammed, or Defrauded||Any time you've been told one thing and experienced another in a way that was majorly disadvantageous. For example, you were told that Destination Movers’ moving services would not contract out, and contracted strangers arrive at your destination.|
|When Your Items Have Been Stolen||When items on your Bill of Lading have disappeared in the move.|
|Failure to Honor Insurance||If you were sold fake insurance or promised the trip was insured when it was not.|
|When There is Extensive Damage||When your items have been extensively damaged, not just scuffed a little, or when many items sustain damage, not just your personal items.|
|Clear Improper Procedure||When your movers don't even try to use best practices like protecting fragile boxes, or they stack heavy on light, or stack furniture on boxes, or don't tie-down, or don't pad furniture.|
Note, this list is not comprehensive. Also, you should be aware that the more allegations you make, the trickier it is to file your complaints. Here's a brief overview of the process:
- Go to the FMCSA's page on the Department of Transportation's website.
- From the Protect Your Move tab, navigate until you find the File a Complaint link.
- Click on the File a Complaint link and be taken to the National Consumer Complaint Database.
- Include such information as;
- The pickup date
- The origin city
- The origin state
- The origin zip code
- The destination city
- The destination state
- The destination zip code
- Up to 4000 characters describing the incident
- Optionally, when filing your complaint, you can include such information as the:
- Job number
- Origin address
- Delivery date
- Destination address
- Provide your contact information, including your first and last name and your phone number.
- Optionally, include your address and email address.
- Decide whether you want the moving company to get a notification letter advising them of your complaint's contents.
- Fill out the information on the company.
- Upload evidence to back up your allegations.
- Verify all the information you input is complete and accurate.
- Submit the complaint or complaints.
Do Destination Movers Have a History of Complaints?
There are not a lot of listed publicly. Their Yelp page for their North Charleston location has only one review, and the company was rated four out of five stars. With that being said, the individual who rated the company mentioned one individual never showing up to work and another individual showing up 45 minutes later.
Similarly, their Yelp page for the Biloxi location only has one review. That said, the reviewer had no complaints and left a five-star rating. If you're on the fence about using Destination Movers, make sure you read reviews for the branch in your area and read your contract.
How to Use DoNotPay to File Destination Movers Complaints Quickly and Easily
Do you have better things to do with your time than ? If so, you're in the right place. With DoNotPay, it takes only three steps to file a complaint and get compensated for your damages.
- Search for moving issues on DoNotPay.
- Start our Solve My Moving Issues product by telling us the name of the moving company you are having issues with.
- Answer some questions about your specific move, your moving company, and the complaint for which you'd like relief.
It is truly as simple as that. Even better, you don't have to worry about whether the company will respond to your demands favorably. If you don't get the results you are looking for in 14 days, we would be delighted to sue the company in Small Claims court for you.
DoNotPay Can Help You File a Complaint Against Any Moving Company
One of the most exciting things about DoNotPay's Moving Issues product is that it is so versatile. You can use it to file complaints against any moving company in the country.
If the company goes 14 days without compensating you for your damages, you can use DoNotPay to sue them in Small Claims court. Here are just a few things you can use DoNotPay's Moving Issues product for:
- Learning about how to proceed after a moving company damages your furniture
- Learning what legal recourse you have if your personal property is lost by a moving company
- Discovering whether damages caused by a moving company is covered by renter's insurance
- Figuring out which will be the most effective method for you to make complaints against moving companies
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Whether you decide to sue a moving company or simply file a complaint, DoNotPay is there to help. However, DoNotPay is ready to partner with you to accomplish many tasks, such as:
- Jump the line and talk to a customer service agent more quickly
- Find items that you have lost
- File a complaint when there's a problem
- And many more!
Join DoNotPay today!