How to Reach Inmates at Darrington Unit (The Memorial Unit)
Do you need to get in touch with an inmate at ?
A maximum-security prison in Rosharon, Texas, Darrington Unit was renamed Memorial Unit in 2021. A facility for male inmates, Darrington Unit is operated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice. It opened in 1933 and has been in use ever since. These days, Darrington Unit/Memorial is one of the oldest prisons in the state of Texas.
Navigating the process of contacting an inmate is something that many people need to do at some point in their lives - but few might realize that there's an easy way to send your letter. DoNotPay is the quick, easy way to get in touch with an incarcerated loved one without all the stress. DoNotPay's new prison product works to simplify the process of contacting an incarcerated friend or family member. If you need to reach out to an inmate being held at Darrington Unit - you've come to the right place. DoNotPay has got your back, with an easy solution for sending your important mail.
Where is Darrington Unit Located?
Contact information of Darrington Unit:
|59 Darrington Rd #59, Rosharon, TX 77583, United States
Darrington Unit is located four miles north of Rosharon on FM 521 in Brazoria County.
Here are some other important things to know about Darrington Unit, according to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice website:
- Visitors are allowed at Darrington Unit, between the hours of 7 AM and 5 PM, on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Potential visitors must submit a visitation application to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice prior to visiting.
Contacting an Inmate on Your Own
The most common ways to contact an inmate are through visitation, phone calls, or mail. Many family members and friends choose to send items by mail, such as food or books, while letters are also a good way to keep the inmate appraised of things going on in the outside world.
Here's what to know about sending a letter to your Darrington Unit inmate:
1. You can send a letter or a package to this address: Inmate Name/DOC Number, Darrington Unit, 59 Darrington Road, Rosharon, TX 77583.
2. Be sure to clearly spell out the inmate's name and write everything clearly on the package or envelope. Prison staff does not have a lot of time to sort packages and if they don't understand some of the writing or if there is a mistake, there is a chance that they will throw it away.
3. Don't send anything that you aren't sure is allowed inside the prison. In general, keep gifts simple, and only send snacks, candy, personal care items, or books. Also, be aware that the staff could go through the package or your letter contents.
While you can always send a letter on your own, it never hurts to have a trusted resource on your side - and when it comes to contacting an inmate, it is important that everything run smoothly. DoNotPay is the perfect way to keep in touch with inmates in .
Use DoNotPay to Contact an Inmate at Darrington Unit
There are a lot of things that could go wrong when trying to contact an inmate at Darrington Unit on your own. A small misspelling or error in the address could cause your letter to get tossed in the trash. When you need to reach out to an incarcerated friend or family member, DoNotPay is the best solution. With DoNotPay, you can alleviate the guesswork and know that your letter will get to the correct place. Here's how to contact an inmate using DoNotPay in just five steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
It's really that simple. DoNotPay is the quick, easy way to send a letter to your loved one without having to navigate all the red tape. With DoNotPay, you can rest easy knowing that your mail will get to the proper destination.
DoNotPay Makes It a Breeze to Contact an Incarcerated Loved One
inmates love hearing from friends and family members - and DoNotPay makes it possible to maintain communication with those on the other side. Here are some other ways that DoNotPay can help you:
- Learn how to address a letter to an inmate.
- Find prison pen pals
- Write to a prisoner: a DoNotPay guide.