How to Find and Connect With an Inmate at Collins Correctional Facility
is a medium-level prison for male inmates located in Collins, south of Erie County in New York. The prison is managed by the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (NYS DOCS).
The prison facility, which was opened in 1982, has an inmate capacity of 1,700, and it is separated from Gowanda Correctional Facility by a fence. All the inmates are housed in either open dormitories, single cells, multiple occupancy cells, or the 100 double occupancy S-Block.
If you have a friend, relative, or a loved one in the facility, it can be hard to reach them due to a large number of inmates. However, with the DoNotPay app, you can easily connect with an inmate at Collins Correctional Facility. The app is fast and convenient to use.
Collins Correctional Facility Contact Information
If you want to connect with an inmate at the Collins Correctional facility, you should have all the necessary information at hand, including the inmate's full name and DOC number.
general contact information
|Physical address||Collins Correctional Facility
Collins, NY 14034
How to Contact an Inmate at Collins Correctional Facility on Your Own
If you wish to communicate with an inmate at the facility by yourself, there are three ways to do so:
1. Connect with an Inmate by Mail
You can pass a message to your loved one by sending a letter to them to this mailing address:
Inmate Name, ID Number
Collins Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 340
Collins, New York 14034-0340
Don't forget to address the letter correctly with their full names and numbers for the letter to get to them. Remember that everything going inside the facility, including letters, is properly screened for security reasons. Anything deemed as contraband will be denied.
If you would like to write to a prison pen pal or need tips on how to write to an inmate, DoNotPay has got you covered.
2. Connect with an Inmate via Phone Call
You can communicate with an inmate from the facility through phone calls. However, the inmate must be the one to call you first since there are no incoming calls permitted to the facility. Your phone number must be on the inmate's approved call list.
Collins Correctional Facility uses the Securus phone system, so it is mandatory for everyone who wishes to receive a call from the facility to have an account with them. If you want to create an account with Securus, call their support line on 1-800-844-6591 or apply online. The call rates are $.043 per minute.
3. Visiting the Inmate at the Facility
Approved visitors can meet with the inmate in person at the Collin Correctional Facility during approved visiting hours.
The facility can be easily accessed by road using bus, van or car. Use Prisonpulse Resources to reserve a seat at the bus with pickup in Manhattan every Saturday and Sunday for easier access. Prisonpulse is a program made for the loved ones of inmates to provide different services, including a trip to the correctional facility.
Only visit the inmates on weekends and holidays. The visiting hours start from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM, with the latest arrival time being 2.30 PM.
For inmates at the Special Housing Unit, the visiting schedule is:
- Saturday and Sunday no later than 8:00 PM
- Saturdays only for PIMS Level 1 and 2, only one visit per week
- Saturday visit only for PIMS Level 3, Saturday visit. However, they are eligible for a second visit on Sundays from 5:00 PM-9:00 PM
Inmates are only allowed one visit within a seven-day period.
Before entering the facility, you should note that you must undergo a rigorous security check and screen for any illegal and unwanted substances. The screening involves:
- Metal detectors
- K-9 unit
- Cell Sense detector
You must also provide a legal photo identification document.
How to Send Money to a Collins Correctional Facility Inmate
Visitors can leave money for the inmates in cash, checks, or money order in the visitor deposit lockbox.
If you wish to deposit or send money to an inmate, you can do so through the following ways:
1. Send Money to an Inmate via Mail
If you have a check or money order, you can deposit through JPay slip to the JPay lockbox addressed to:
PO Box 531190
Miami, Florida 33153
Ensure the inmate's full name and ID number are on the money order or the check.
2. Send Money to an Inmate Online
To send money to an inmate online, visit the JPay website or create an account if you don't already have one. Choose the types of card you want to use, whether credit or debit card. Enter the amount you wish to send, then verify all the information before sending.
3. Send Money to an Inmate via Mobile App
JPay has a mobile application that allows users to send money to inmates. Download the app on your device and use a debit/credit card to make the payment to the inmate's account. You need to include the inmate's name and DOC number.
4. Send Money to an Inmate via Phone
Call the customer care representative on 1-800-574-5729, then provide your credit/debit card information, the facility's name, the inmate's name, ID number, and account number, then send the amount you wish.
5. Send Money to an Inmate via MoneyGram
- Visit any of the MoneyGram stores locations (Walmart, Ace Cash Express store, and CVS)
- Provide all the necessary information on the express payment form
- Use Receive Code 1317
- Provide the inmate's full name and ID number
Can I Send Packages to an Inmate at Collins Correctional Facility?
Yes, you can send care packages to inmates at the facility, but you should confirm with Collins Correctional Facility in advance. The care package includes a list of items permitted into the facility, and they are:
- Personal hygiene items such as shampoo, deodorant, and toothpaste
Communicating with a loved one at a prison facility can be hectic and stressful. Besides the high charges, you have to follow strict protocols. DoNotPay makes things easier for you by connecting you with an inmate at the facility without all the hassle.
The Easier Way to Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
If you want to get in touch with your loved ones quickly without the inconvenience of navigating through the corrections system, take advantage of the help offered by DoNotPay. The Connect with an Inmate feature makes it easy to stay within the rules and reach out to your loved one.
All you have to do is provide some basic information, and DoNotPay will help you contact your inmate quickly, easily, and successfully.
DoNotPay Can Help Locate and Connect With Your Imprisoned Friend
Start connecting with an inmate in 5 easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
DoNotPay Can Help You With Other Services
DoNotPay is a web app that was made to simplify a lot of vital services. The app collaborates with various companies to help you access services from the comfort of your home. Besides connecting with an inmate at Collins Correctional facility or any other facility, the app can:
- Fight spam emails
- Help with Government test
- Set an Appointment with the DMV
- Robocall compensation
- Search for sex offenders