All About Clemens Unit
Contact an Inmate, But Do it the Right Way
If you want to send a letter or otherwise connect with an inmate at Clemens Unit, do it the right way, or the inmate will never get your message. The Texas prison system has strict rules about how and where to make contact. Follow those rules precisely to boost your chances of connecting.
What is Clemens Unit?
Located south of Houston at 11034 Hwy 36 in Brazoria, Texas, Clemens Unit is a prison farm that houses nearly 900 inmates of varying security levels. The 8,000-acre facility opened in 1893 and is operated by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ).
|Physical Address||11034 TX-36, Brazoria, TX 77422, United States|
|Phone Number||(979) 798-2188 (**005)|
Clemens Unit comprises a number of agrarian operations, including a food farm, grain storage, and swine finishing shop. Inmates also participate in the raising and training of security horses and canines, explains Prison Insight.
Educational programs at Clemens Unit include:
- Adult Basic Education
- Alvin Community College Vocational
- Bricklaying/Stone Masonry
- Cognitive Intervention
- Computer Repair
- Construction Carpentry
- English as a Second Language
- GED preparation
- Literacy classes
- Pre-release programs
- Special Education
- Title I
- Veteran services
How to Send an Inmate at Clemens Unit a Letter
If an inmate or their correspondent is not on a special correspondence restriction as outlined by the TDCJ, the inmate may correspond by mail with as many people as they choose. Address a letter to an inmate at Clemens Unit this way:
Inmate full name / DOC Number
11034 Hwy 36
Brazoria, TX 77422
Persons on the Negative Mailing List are banned from contacting in inmate at Clemens Unit and include:
- Minors whose parent or guardian objects to correspondence with the inmate
- Individuals who request, in writing, no further contact with the inmate
- Victims of the inmate who request, in writing, no further contact with the inmate
- Individuals who have previously attempted to send any inmate contraband by mail
How to Visit an Inmate at Clemens Unit
Before anyone can visit an inmate, they must be approved by both the inmate and facility. Potential visitors are required to pass a background check before they can be approved to visit an inmate at Clemens Unit.
On the day of your visit, make sure the inmate's visiting privileges have not been canceled. You can call the prison farm at (979) 798-2188.
All visitors are required to bring photo identification to their visit. Approved ID include:
- Driver's license from any state
- State Department of Public Safety ID card
- Armed Forces ID card
- Valid passport
- United States Department of Homeland Security ID card
- Visa border crossing ID Card
Visiting Hours at Clemens Unit
- Monday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wednesday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Friday 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
What Not to Bring When You Visit an Inmate at Clemens Unit
The Texas Department of Criminal Justice is quite strict about what you can and cannot take when visiting an inmate. You may bring a clear plastic bag or small change purse with up to $25 in coins. Visitors with infants may bring up to three diapers, two baby bottles, and a supply of baby wipes, but you are not allowed to bring:
- Baby strollers
- Cell phones
- Cigarette lighters
- Diaper bags
- Digital recorders
- Dolls or toys
- Drugs or medications
- Intoxicating beverages
- Paper money
- Photo albums
- Wireless devices
An Easier Way to Make Contact With an Inmate at Clemens Unit Prison Farm
Going through the rigorous inmate contact approval process can be problematic. That's why DoNotPay offers a range of inmate services, including ways to make a personalized mailbox where you can receive mail from your incarcerated friend or loved one. We can even help you hook up with a prison pen pal if that's what you want.
Don't waste hours trying to understand the rules and regulations as provided by the Texas prison system. DoNotPay can make contact with an inmate on your behalf. It's easier and quicker than doing it on your own. Here's how it works:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Hint: If you're not sure where your selected inmate is located, DoNotPay can find them.
Connecting With Inmates Is Not All DNP Can Do
- DNP can help you deal with credit card issues
- DNP can cancel pesky subscriptions and memberships
- DNP can help you skip to the front of customer service phone queues
- DNP can help you fight a speeding ticket
- DNP can help you get revenge on robocallers
- DNP can file a claim in small claims court
- DNP can schedule a DMV appointment on your behalf
- DNP can help you get a refund for a delayed or canceled flight
Connect With an Inmate at Clemens Unit Prison Farm Today
If you want DNP to locate an inmate or help you connect with an inmate at Clemens Unit or any other prison facility in the nation, get in touch with us right away. We are DoNotPay, and we are always here to assist.
- Write to a prisoner
- Prison pen-pals
- Inmate visitation
- Address a letter to an inmate
- Writing letters to inmate