How to Change Your Mailing Address in Florida With Ease
Relocating to a new place can be pretty exciting and confusing at the same time. When moving to Florida, it is your responsibility to change your mailing address with the USPS and notify the relevant persons and organizations. If it's your first time, changing your Florida mailing address in all the places you're required to, can feel overwhelming. No matter how many people and service providers you notify about your new address, it's possible to find yourself missing some essential bills and notices.
To ensure you continue receiving mail to your new address, you'll need to file a change of address with the USPS. Wondering how you can go about changing your mailing address? DoNotPay can help you change your mailing address in Florida quickly and easily.
What Places Do I Need to Update My Mailing Address?
Before we get into the "how" of changing your mailing address in Florida, let's see some of the places you need to update your mailing address:
|The United States Postal Service||When moving, making an informed delivery USPS address change should be one of your first steps.|
|DMV||After changing your USPS address, it's time to take a trip to the DMV to update your license and registration address.|
|Social Security||Check out with Social Security Administration and change your social security address.|
|Memberships and Subscriptions||Update your memberships and subscriptions on your mailing address change.|
|Voter Registration||Ensure the address on your voter registration is up to date.|
|Accountant and Tax Advisors||Be sure to notify your accountant of your address change.|
|Utilities||Don't forget to change your address with utility companies.|
|Bank and Credit Card Companies||Notify your bank and credit card companies to ensure your statements go to the right place.|
How Much Time Do You Have to File a Change of Address With USPS?
Technically, there's no specific time limit. However, not knowing how to change your mailing address when you move can be a costly mistake. It is best to change your address with the USPS when moving. If you do not file a change of address when you move, the USPS will not forward your mail to your new address. You should file a change of address with the USPS before you move. In Florida, you must register a change of address with the DMV within ten days to receive a new driver's license.
How Much Does It Cost to File a Change of Address?
You will be charged $1.05 when changing your address online with the USPS. The USPS charges $1.10 on your debit or credit card to ensure the name filling out the change of address form matches with the name on the card. You can also complete your change of address request free of charge at any post office. After filing a change of address request, the USPS will send you a letter validating your move before the change of address start date.
How to Change Your Mailing Address in Florida
To complete your USPS change of address request online:
- Visit the official USPS website.
- Go to the mover guide section of the website and follow all of the prompts.
- Complete the PS Form 3575 form by filling out basic information such as your old and new addresses, whether your move is permanent or temporary, and your move date.
- Pay the $1.1o identity verification fee with your credit or debit card.
- Use the USPS's confirmation code emailed to you to modify or cancel your request.
To complete your change of address request offline:
- Visit your local post office
- Request a free Mover's Guide packet.
- Find PS Form 3575 and fill out the change of address form
- Hand it to the post office personnel
- A confirmation letter will be sent to your new address within five working days.
How to Change Your Mailing Address in Florida With the Help of DoNotPay
Are you looking to change your NYC mailing address? DoNotPay exists to make changing your Florida mailing address easy. Let DoNotPay help you change your mailing address in Florida while you spend valuable time handling other vital tasks.
If you want to file a change of address but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
1. Tell us the new address and when you want to start forwarding your mail
2. Tell us who is moving (is it just you, your family, or your business)
3. Select whether it's a temporary move or permanent
4. Add the option to extend your mail forwarding period beyond 12 months (you can get your mail delivered from your old address for up to 2.5 years)
5. And that's it! DoNotPay will take care of the rest on your behalf. You should receive a confirmation email from USPS after your request is completed.
Why Use DoNotPay to Change Your Florida Mailing Address
The DoNotPay app will make the process of changing your mailing address in Florida:
- Fast— Avoid the frustrations of waiting in line at the post office and filling out multi-step forms online by simply answering a few questions and making a few clicks.
- Easy— You just have to fill in the required information on our user-friendly platform and leave the rest of the work to us.
- Successful— With hundreds of satisfied customers evidenced by their positive reviews, you can rest assured the USPS will send your confirmation email quickly.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you solve problems more than changing your home address with USPS at the click of a button. Here are some of the problems we can help you solve:
- USPS Address Change Not Working
- DMV Mailing Address Change
- Changing Address with The Social Security Office
- Child Travel Consent
- How to Cancel Any Subscription
- Airline Flight compensation