Where to Find the USPS Change of Address Form PDF
Moving to a new home is an exciting and potentially stressful prospect. In addition to moving your belongings, you will also need to move your mail as well. If you don't move very often, this can be a difficult prospect since you will likely only do it a few times in your life. Hopefully, you never need to become proficient at this particular task.
The process of changing your mailing address with the USPS is fairly straightforward if you know where to go and what documents you may need. If you have never moved before, it can create anxiety and worry. Let DoNotPay help you update your mailing address quickly and easily in a few simple steps.
How Much Does It Cost to Change Your Mailing Address?
Changing your mailing address is free or very low-cost, depending on the method you use. If you decide to go to the post office in person, you can fill out and file the Change of Address Form without a fee. However, if you decide to make the change online, you will be charged $1.10. This charge is simply to verify your identity and prevent fraud.
There are websites that claim to take care of the process for a fee. For example, some websites will charge $40 to take care of something that would be free for you. The sites are made to look like official USPS websites and are very convincing. However, these sites are not affiliated with the USPS, they are third-party sites.
In addition, these sites are risky as they will obtain sensitive information from you. It's hard to be sure that they will not sell your information to marketing firms. Adding insult to injury, the change may never be made for you and you may end up having to do it yourself in the end.
How to Change Your Mailing Address on Your Own
There are a few different ways that you can change your mailing address on your own.
- Go directly to the post office and request the change of address form in person.
- Go to the USPS Change of Address page and update your mailing address online for a minimal fee.
- Visit the USPS website and fill out the Change of Address Form online or download it and print it out. If you download the PDF, print it out, and then take the form in person to your local post office, you can avoid paying the $1.10 fee for making the change online.
If you need to contact USPS for more information, you can reach them through:
|USPS Home Page||https://www.usps.com/|
|Phone Number||1-800-275-8777 (1-800-ASK-USPS)|
|Support Email||Email Form|
|Online Form||Complaints Section|
Submit a Change of Address With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to file a change of address but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Tell us the new address and when you want to start forwarding your mail.
- Tell us who is moving (is it just you, your family, or your business).
- Select whether it's a temporary move or permanent.
- Add the option to extend your mail forwarding period beyond 12 months (you can get your mail delivered from your old address for up to 2.5 years)
- And that's it! DoNotPay will take care of the rest on your behalf. You should receive a confirmation email from USPS after your request is completed.
Why Should You Use DoNotPay to Submit a Change of Address With USPS?
DoNotPay can help you make the necessary changes with the USPS by making it:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to figure out the process and make the necessary changes.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of all the steps involved in making the changes to your mailing address.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing DoNotPay will make the best case for you.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Not only can we help you with changing your mailing, but we can also help with the change of address for informed delivery, Social Security, and DMV, as well as with a USPS address change that’s not working.
DoNotPay can solve many problems including:
- Reduce property taxes
- Neighbor complaints
- Airline flight compensation
- Child travel consent
- Insurance Claims
- Divorce settlement agreement
- How to cancel subscriptions
- Find lost items
- Stalking and harassment
Moving can be hard. The logistics can be overwhelming and tiresome. There are so many things to remember and some things may fall through the cracks. DoNotPay can help you submit a change of address with USPS easily and quickly so you can get on with enjoying your new home.