How to Request USPS Change of Address or Boxholder With Ease
Relocating from one home to another can be exciting but also a strenuous event. You will have to put together all your items, pack them, sell or give away things you cannot carry, make transportation arrangements, and inform your friends and family. With so many things occurring at the same time, it is common for most people to forget one important thing — changing your United States Postal Service mailing address.
Forgetting to change your mailing address while moving homes can cost you much later. You may go months not receiving important letters, documents, and other mail, only to later realize that they were being sent to your old address all along.
So, how do you change your mailing address when relocating? This can involve an arduous process, but be sure DoNotPay can help make the entire process less complicated, effortless, and painless. Follow through the article to learn and understand more.
How Much Does it Cost to File a Change of Address?
It normally costs a fee of $1.10 to change your USPS mailing address. Be on guard for websites that ask an extra amount—some may charge a fee of up to $40. To save money, you should ensure that you are making use of the MYMOVE USPS mailing address change form.
How to Change USPS Address on Your Own
When moving homes, you should file a change of USPS address two weeks before the actual day you are moving. This will give USPS ample time to process your request and send the validation letter that approves your move. There are three different ways of filing for a change of address with USPS. They include:
- Online - This is by far the fastest way to file for a USPS change of address. To file, head over to USPS.com and fill out the form with your details including your full name, mobile number, email address, and the old USPS address. You will be charged a verification fee of $1.10 on your credit or debit card. The verification fee is a measure that USPS uses to hinder fraud and to ascertain that you are indeed the one making the change.
- In-Person - This method may be tedious, but the advantage it has is that it is free. It involves visiting the nearest post office and asking for a Mover's Guide packet. Inside, it has a PS Form 3575 which you should fill in your details as required. You will then have to file this form physically at your local post office. It is crucial to note that, nowadays, you cannot print out the change of address form available online and submit it to the post office.
USPS Details and Customer Care Services
|Main Website||Welcome | USPS|
|Contact Us Website||Contact Us | USPS|
|USPS® Customer Service|
|Hours of Operation||Monday – Friday||8:00 AM – 8:30 PM ET|
|Saturday||8:00 AM – 6:00 PM ET|
How DoNotPay Can Help You Change Your USPS Address
Changing your mailing address by yourself can involve a tedious and wearisome process. However, DoNotPay is the perfect solution as it will assist you in a quick and hassle-free way.
If you want to file a change of address but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Tell us the new address and when you want to start forwarding your mail.
- Tell us who is moving (is it just you, your family, or your business).
- Select whether it's a temporary move or permanent.
- Add the option to extend your mail forwarding period beyond 12 months (you can get your mail delivered from your old address for up to 2.5 years)
- And that's it! DoNotPay will take care of the rest on your behalf. You should receive a confirmation email from USPS after your request is completed.
Why Use DoNotPay to Change Your Mailing Address
DoNotPay is the best platform when it comes to helping you change your USPS address when relocating to another place. Several reasons justify this which include:
- DoNotPay is Fast—You don't have to waste your time trying to change your USPS mailing address anymore. DoNotPay will help you do so within no time.
- DoNotPay is Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms needed to change your mailing address. With just a few clicks of a button, DoNotPay can help make the process involved less complicated.
- DoNotPay is Successful—You can be assured that DoNotPay will help you change your USPS mailing address in a fast and efficient manner.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can be accessed through most web browsers. By signing in to the platform, you can also change your DMV mailing address. Other than helping you to change your USPS mailing address, DoNotPay can also assist you with:
- Stalking and harassment
- Reducing property taxes
- Neighbor complaints
- Mailing service
- Insurance claims
- Help with bills
- Find lost items
- File a complaint
- Divorce settlement agreement
- Child travel consent
- How to cancel
- Airline flight compensation
- Change social security change of address form
- Delivery USPS change address
Why hesitate? Sign up with DoNotPay today and let us assist you to change your mailing address or box holder the easy way.