Cancel CenturyLink With DoNotPay
CenturyLink was founded in 1930 and is a technology and telecommunications firm. CenturyLink is popular in the US for providing high-speed internet, TV, and phone services to residential clients in addition to communications services to businesses. CenturyLink uses both DSL and fiber optic cable. DSL is older technology and not as fast as fiber optic, but in places where fiber optics are not an option, it is still better and faster than dial up.
If you find that is not for you, let DoNotPay help you cancel your service in a few easy steps. Let's take a look at how DoNotPay can help you manage all your subscriptions in a few simple clicks.
What is the Cost of CenturyLink?
The cost for depends on your internet needs. According to the CenturyLink website, their basic plan starts at $50 per month with internet speeds up to 100 Mbps. The downside to this plan is that it is a DSL connection. However, depending on where you are located, this may be the best option you have if fiber optic internet is not available.
There are also options that allow you to bundle your phone, internet, and TV that can save you even more. Depending on your location, this may or may not be available to you.
How to Cancel CenturyLink on Your Own
To cancel your CenturyLink, you have a few options.
- The website states that some customers may be able to cancel online through the My CenturyLink portal. However, it's unclear which customers have the ability to do that and which ones don't.
- You also have the option to call to cancel. You can call their number between 8 am - 6 pm, Monday through Friday to cancel your CenturyLink service.
You will likely be offered discounts to keep your service through the retention department, as with many internet service providers and cable service providers.
Potential Problems When Canceling CenturyLink
If you are canceling your CenturyLink subscription, there are a few things to be aware of.
- If you're leasing a CenturyLink modem/router, you'll have to return it within 30 days after stopping service to avoid a $200 equipment penalty. As you can imagine, this could be a potential problem if there is an issue with returning the equipment, such as the equipment being lost by the shipper.
- Another issue is that you may have to pay an early termination fee. For example, if you have a 24-month agreement, you may be charged up to $200 for early termination. This may cause you to forfeit any refund of deposits or overpayments you may have otherwise been entitled to. However, this service agreement is associated with business accounts, which may or may not apply to your particular situation
- In addition, if you have other services bundled, this may create even more confusion because you may have to contact other companies to let them know that you are canceling.
What Are the Best Alternatives to CenturyLink?
There are many ISPs to choose from, and all of them may not be available in your area. Here are a few:
DoNotPay Can Cancel Your Subscriptions and Memberships With a Few Easy Steps
DoNotPay can help you cancel your CenturyLink service as well as many others in a few easy steps.
- Log-in to DoNotPay and search for the Manage Subscriptions product.
- Provide the name of the subscription service you want to cancel.
- Provide your account details such as email address and username.
Once you submit the details, we’ll work on canceling your subscription! We’ll even try to get a refund on your behalf.
DoNotPay Works Across Many Subscription Services
In addition to CenturyLink, DoNotPay can also help you cancel services, subscriptions, and memberships such as:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help with many of life's issues including:
- Burner Phones
- Amazon Prime Video
- Help with bills
- Small claims court
- Ford Credit Payments
- YouTube TV Free Trial
- Customer Service
- Blue Mountain Cards
- Truthfinder Subscription
CenturyLink is a great alternative to satellite internet in some rural areas where traditional fiber optic cable is simply not available. Satellite internet can be prohibitively expensive for most people. In addition, it is a great alternative to dial-up internet, which can be painfully slow.
Canceling internet and television services can be a frustrating process. The retention department with many internet and television providers can be rather persistent in not losing your business.
If you find that you need to , let DoNotPay help you do it quickly and effortlessly in just a few simple steps.