How to Connect With an Inmate at Central Detention Facility DC Jail Correctional Treatment Facility
Experts reveal that maintaining robust connections with a loved one held in prison is a cost-effective way to reduce recidivism. Keeping lines of communication open through phone calls or letters helps the prisoner maintain their faith and sense of self. If your loved one is serving time at Central Detention Facility/ DC Jail Correctional Treatment Facility, DoNotPay offers an easier and more convenient way to connect with them.
Through our newly integrated mailing technology and encrypted database, you can now send letters to any inmate from our app or website, just like the way you send texts or emails over your devices. In prison, your loved one can also send responses directly to you, so healthy two-way communication is established. You can also use our new search tool to locate a friend or family quickly, whether held in a federal, state, or county facility.
Where Is DC Jail Correctional Treatment Facility Located?
are both situated in Southeast Washington DC. The facility is home to over 2150 male and female inmates who are either in the pre-trial phase or have been sentenced for a misdemeanor. The Correctional Treatment Facility is privately managed by a service provider contracted by the Department of Corrections. The following is the physical address and contact details of the facilities:
|Physical address||Central Detention Facility/DC Jail: 1901 D Street SE, Washington, DC 20003
Correctional Treatment Facility: 1901 E St. SE, Washington, DC 20003
|Telephone||Central Detention Facility: (202)-698-4932 / Correctional Treatment Facility: (202)-547-7822|
Inmate Mailing Address:
- Inmate Name, ID Number
- Central Detention Facilit
- 1901 D Street SE
- Washington, DC 20003
- Inmate Name, ID Number
- Correctional Treatment Facility
- 1901 E St. SE
- Washington, DC 20003
- Visiting hours: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sundays from 11 am to 9 pm
How Can I Contact an Inmate at Central Detention Facility/ DC Jail Correctional Treatment Facility
The following are some of the ways to reach an inmate in either of the two facilities:
One of the effective ways to connect with a loved one in the facility is by maintaining regular visits. Before you visit, you must schedule the visit via the internet or call the facility at call 1-888-906-6394. You should only call on Tuesday to Saturdays between 9 am and 5 pm.
Inmates can make outgoing calls to family and friends via a prepaid calling solution from Offender Connect. Certain fees are charged for each call and per minute. If you want your loved one to call you more often, consider adding funds to their telephone account using a credit/debit card.
You can also establish communication with inmates by regular correspondence through jail mail. When writing a letter to the inmate, ensure you have captured their correct inmate name and prison ID. Keep in mind all mail correspondence is closely monitored to ensure content is free from incitement or security breaches.
The above methods to connect with an inmate at the facility are undoubtedly time-consuming and tedious. DoNotPay can help you locate and send letters to inmates in any prison facility in just four simple steps. Our new prison product enables the inmate to respond to your letters more conveniently, so you maintain close ties at all times.
Steps to Take Before Calling/Writing to a Prisoner
The following are some of the steps to take before calling or writing to a prisoner:
- Contact the facility to find out the rules and regulations regarding calling/sending mail to inmates.
- Find out the inmate's full name and prisoner id. Failure to reference correct information when sending letters can result in your mail being rejected
- Keep in mind authorities monitor all incoming and outgoing mail. Be mindful of your language and avoid any form of contraband
- Mail your letter to the facility using the provided inmate mail address above.
How to Send Money to an Inmate at Central Detention Facility/ DC Jail Correctional Treatment Facility
Family and friends can send money to an inmate in the facility through the following:
- Over the phone
- Through the mail
Regardless of the method you choose, you must provide the correct inmate's name and ID number. There is also a fee charged for all methods to deposit. To send money online, call Western Union directly or walk into the nearest location and make your request. When depositing in person, you are allowed to use cash or a credit/debit card. Finally, you can also mail a United States Postal Money order using the inmate mailing address provided above.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate and Connect with Your Imprisoned Friend.
Get started by following the easy steps outlined below:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Let DoNotPay Help You Locate an Inmate at Central Detention Facility/ DC Jail Correctional Treatment Facility
At DoNotPay, we understand the frustration and stress you go through trying to locate or connect with a loved one in prison. We are committed to helping you establish robust communication with a prisoner no matter their location in the US. Our newly integrated mailing technology and encrypted database are designed to help you send letters to any inmate from our app or website, just like the way you send texts or emails over your smartphone. The inmates can also send timely responses, so you enjoy robust communications. Our new search tool can also help you locate a loved one quickly, whether held in a federal, state, or county facility. Contact us today to learn more.