Cancel Private Internet Access With Minimum Hassle
Private Internet Access (PIA) is a service that sells Virtual Private Network (VPN) to users to surf the Internet anonymously without having to worry their information might be stolen. If you feel Private Internet Access has let you down, here’s how you can cancel the service no muss no fuss and find more suitable alternatives.
How to Cancel Private Internet Access Right Away
You can end your Private Internet Access subscription and stop paying money to the service in no time with the help of DoNotPay. There are no thorough forms to fill in or customer services you need to call.
To get rid of your Private Internet Access membership with DoNotPay, take these short steps:
- Log in to your DoNotPay account from any web browser
- Navigate to the Find Hidden Money section on your dashboard
- Type in Private Internet Access
As you see, it takes only these three steps to cancel any service automatically with DoNotPay at your side. The DoNotPay app lets you know immediately you’ve been unsubscribed from the service, so you can move on with your day and rest assured you won’t be charged for it the next billing month.
You can also connect DoNotPay with your email or bank account so that we can track all your memberships. That way, we can unsubscribe you from the services you’re not using and help you save money in the long run.
How Can You Cancel Private Internet Access on Your Own
If you wish to take a manual approach to unsubscribe from Private Internet Access, you can do it by:
- Using the Client Control Panel (CCP) on your PIA account
- Emailing the company
- Skipping the next payment (if you didn’t pay for PIA with Paypal, Google, Amazon, or your credit card)
Unsubscribing on the Company’s Website
To cancel Private Internet Access on your CCP, take the following steps:
- Sign in to your Client Control Panel
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- Click Cancel Subscription
- Provide mandatory feedback
- Choose Complete Cancelation
- Check if your cancelation is confirmed right away on the website
Sending Private Internet Access an Email
If you encounter issues with your PIA portal or feel safer to contact the company whose services you want to cancel, you can send PIA an email. To do that:
- Compose your cancelation request in a new email
- Send the message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait to hear back from the company confirming your cancelation
Skipping the Payment
If you paid for your Private Internet Access through Google, Amazon, or using your credit card or Paypal account, your subscription will be renewed automatically. PIA also allows its customers to opt for a one-time payment method, in which case they just continue paying the service each month if they want to keep using it.
If you fall under this category, you can unsubscribe from PIA by not sending the payment email once the current billing month is over.
These are some of the non-recurring payment methods Private Internet Access allows:
For some of them, like OKPay, you can cancel your PIA subscription through your online account.
Can You Cancel With
|Skipping the Next Payment Email||
Does Private Internet Access Prorate Your Canceled Subscription?
When you cancel PIA, you will be able to use the service up until the billing month ends. The company doesn’t usually offer refunds for the days remaining in the paid month, but there can always be exceptions. You can file a refund request through the PIA support ticket.
While we’re at the topic of refunds and VPN services, learn how to get a NordVPN refund for future use.
What Service to Use Instead of Private Internet Access?
If PIA isn’t to your liking, you’ll probably look for other alternative companies offering a good VPN protection service. Here are some options:
Virtual Private Network (VPN) Services
$4.08 per month
$4.99 per month
Don’t Let Subscription Services Trick You Out of Your Money
There is hardly any subscription service today that doesn’t make payments automated. It means that you can sign up to one, or two, or ten services offering free trials, and then be charged when the period ends like that.
To avoid little shocks on your bank statement, use DoNotPay’s virtual credit card when subscribing to services. The virtual credit card gives you a new random number each time you sign up for a membership. It is processed just like your regular card, but no money can be snatched from it since there isn’t any in the first place.
You can now enjoy as many free trials as you want without having to keep track of when each of them ends.
Hang In to See What Else DoNotPay Can Do for You
While you’re unsubscribed from an unwanted service in a stroke of a heartbeat with DoNotPay, the feature is by no means the only one our robot lawyer has to offer. Access DoNotPay from your web browser today to start exploring what useful tricks DoNotPay has up its sleeve.
These are some of the tasks our robot lawyer is ready to help you with:
- Requesting refunds from any company
- Reporting junk or abusive mail
- Fixing issues with credit cards
- Getting a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Ending automated subscriptions and memberships
- Drafting a demand letter for a small claims court dispute
- Signing up to free trials safely
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Getting compensated for illegal robocalls
- Waiting out the phone queue when contacting customer services
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Dealing with stalking and harassment effectively
- Getting compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Paying bills you are unable to cover at the moment
- Disputing parking tickets